Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

@doug5222 amazing workaround! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

@lucre thanks for joining us! Fitbit frequently adds support for new devices, so if yours isn't listed check back soon. I've found an idea in the Feature Suggestion board proposing compatibility with Google Pixel device. Check it out here, make sure you add your votes and comments! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

New Google Pixel phones not yet a supported device for call notifications etc.  Fitbit:  please make it a supported device ASAP.

Best Answer

It's nice to see new faces around, welcome @JoelFITI'd like to start saying the Google Pixel phone still is not on our list of compatible devices and we cannot guarantee it will work as it should. Nonetheless this does not mean the phone won't support the app or the tracker. It might sync temporarily but the stability of the app might fail from time to time, or it won't sync and will be harder to maintain a connection with the tracker. Our teams are still testing different phone models and brands to make wider the selection of mobile devices to make more compatible the trackers and all the features.

I've voted for the suggestion "Google Pixel smartphone support" on our Feature Suggestion Board. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

Thanks for jumping up here!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm with Joe here.  The pixel is a great phone and I hate that the charge 2 isn't supported.  I guess I'll be returning mine ASAP and go back to my old charge. I hope the development team steps up and remedies this so one day I may have an even better tracking device. 

Dan

Best Answer

I received the charge 2 for Christmas. I have a pixel phone. I really wanted the Charge but if I cannot sync it I may have to return it.  Please add Pixel to your supported devices. 

Best Answer

I can confirm doug5222 post that we need to turn Bluetooth off, in phone settings, prior to opening the fitbit app in our Pixels then wait for the fitbit app to give the "Bluetooth is off" message. Then just turn bluetooth on and let the fitbit app connect via low energy bluetooth in the background. Don't try and pair via the phone bluetooth device settings just turn on the bluetooth switch, in phone settings, after being asked to by the fitbit app. This method has synced with my Surge since the 25th.

This method may help until our Pixels are fully suported.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing what has been working for you @showkit! This is what the Community is all about, sharing solutions and knowledge! It's great having you around in the forums. Smiley Happy Heart Keep it up!

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Any sign of progress with this? If the moderators cannot answer then could they suggest who to ask?

Many thanks,

Ian

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner thanks for your question. Welcome to the forums. These things take time. I really wouldn't like giving you any misleading info or any false expectations. Our devs have to test devices to make sure they will seamlessly sync with your trackers. Please add your votes and further comments in the feature suggestion I posted above. Catch you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply!

This question was first asked over 2 months ago. Is there really nothing to report in that time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner thanks for getting back to me. Not yet, I have checked the Feature Suggestion and there isn't any update about it. As I was mentioning before, our devs need to make sure that the sync function will properly work. They have to run many tests to make sure that all functions and features work on the Google Pixel mobile device. Please take a look at the suggestion I linked above in this thread as any update regarding this will definitely be posted there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what you are saying is that I have wasted my money buying a Fitbit charge 2 as it isn't compatible with my Pixel phone. I take it I can get a refund

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have turned on my location and read everything I can find. My google pixel will not sync with my Fitbit alta. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey PegyD,

Turn on Network access, Bluetooth and Location.
Fire up the FitBit app. WAIT! It is slow to update.
And the progress bar at the top is misleading - it can
hang at about 10% complete and then, all of a sudden,
it will finish in a flash.

I have synced my ChargeHR every day since 11-30-16 or so
with my Google Pixel and it has not failed to work.
PATIENCE!

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tetley I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and letting them know the details of your experience for further options.

@PegyD The Google Plxel is currently not listed as a supported device. This could be the reason why you're unable to sync the device. Our Android team is always working on testing and adding more devices to the supported devices list. I recommend keeping an eye on this list for updates.

In the meantime, you can try syncing with a different supported device or using a computer. Hope that helps to get you up and syncing.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Fitbit has really dropped the ball here.  Not only is this a flashship device, but it's a device that is running pure, vanilla android.  On top of that, it's been released for 4 months now, and to rub salt into the wound even further, android N has had developer preview releases dating back to Google I/O in May of 2016.  

Can you please pass this thread along to the developement team so that we can get some actual information as to why fitbit is failing its customers?  Note:  No offense meant to you at all.  As a moderator, we know that you can't give us any information because you don't get any infomration.  This thread needs to be passed along and we need to hear from a Fitbit employee, manager, or developer because this is terrible customer service.

Best Answer

After 40 minutes of waiting to be connected the Fitbit "Customer Support" told me that Fitbit isn't compatable with the Google Pixel.  Sad that this company is ignoring one of the hottest new devices on the market.  I am taking my Charge 2 back in hopes of getting a refund.  

Best Answer

After 40 minutes of waiting to be connected the Fitbit "Customer Support" told me that Fitbit isn't compatable with the Google Pixel.  Sad that this company is ignoring one of the hottest new devices on the market.  I am taking my Charge 2 back in hopes of getting a refund.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to sync when I created a new profile. My previous phone was an iphone, once I deleted my old profile from my first Fitbit I was able to create a new profile and it works great. 

Best Answer

Do you think this process would work with the Charge HR 2?  I am getting the Pixel and would like to also get the Charge HR 2, but want to make sure it is compatible.  I know the website does not list the Charge HR as compatable with Google, but I am hoping that will change soon.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes