Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

*sigh* Thanks Chaddsta.  I'll contact them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke to google help for about a week and a half about this and about how my battery was draining while charging.. needless to say, i'm back to my samsung 🙂

Best Answer

Check your sync settings. If it is set to always sync etc it will drain it fast. Also rebooting once in a while ensures that the bluetooth is working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Coronas and @Chaddsta, and welcome aboard to our Community @AJ21.

I would like to start saying the Pixel phone still is not on our list of compatible devices and we cannot guarantee it will work as it should. Nonetheless this does not mean the phone wont support the app or the tracker. As @AJ21 mentioned before, it might sync temporarily but the stability of the app might fail from time to time, or it wont sync and will be harder to maintain a connection with the tracker. Our teams are still testing different phone models and brands to make wider the selection of mobile devices to make more compatible the trackers and all the features.

I have a phone which is not compatible too, and so far I have some issue at the moment to sync but overall it works most of the times, so it wont hurt to try the following steps to sync your tracker.

make sure you have the most recent version of the app for Android which is 2.38. Also due to Google permissions requirements for Bluetooth syncing, you must turn on location services to sync your tracker (Settings > Location). For more information about the latest Google permission requirements, see Google's Android 6.0 Changes document.

Now that we have review the previous information, we can proceed with the following, (some of you have tried already this)

1. Turn your tracker off and back by performing a restart. If we are talking about the Charge HR the following post might give you additional help. 
  2. Try the setup process again.
  3. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).
  4. Try setting up your tracker again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

If this is not working the it would be require to sync with a computer, or a different mobile device. The dongle is essential depending of the Windows you're running @Coronas. With the windows 10 app, if your computer supports Bluetooth connectivity, you can sync without the need of the Dongle.

@Chaddsta Also I'm sorry to hear your replacement is presenting issues on the wristband and our support guys were not able to replaced that tracker. Were you offered any other alternative? I know sometimes the warranty can narrow many options, but we always try to seek other alternative.

See you around and hope this information helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
The only solution i was offered was to buy another one Roberto. Which is not exactly a solution.
Best Answer

I'm having the same exact problem...

Best Answer

me too with my Charge 2. i got it to sync at setup, but not since.

i will check my HR when i get home to see if that one works. 

😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Unable to sync after resetting device and uninstalling app. I"m surprised this is an issue. When can we expect a fix? 

Best Answer

This is a lot of trouble to sync a device, and not the fitbit I'm used to:

1. Turn your tracker off and back by performing a restart. If we are talking about the Charge HR the following post might give you additional help. 
  2. Try the setup process again.
  3. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).
  4. Try setting up your tracker again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 8.17.29 AM.png

What exactly are they testing? 

Why would compatibility be an issue? 

Best Answer

Hi @Dropper and @micsin. Also welcome aboard to our Community @oggie@comfort80@kylin_24@MartinZL@doug5222 and @shelbseroo.

Also thank you for your incredible help about MobileTrack feature @PureEvil.

As you mentioned before, not all the devices are capable to run this feature and the most common devices supporting this option are the iOS devices due to the chip processor. For more information you can visit our list of compatible devices.

Also @micsin, Mobiletrack is a perfect example to let you know what type of tests our developers team are running. Despite nowadays, high end mobile devices are made under the same core specifications, not all the phones work in the same way; so the time it takes to make sure a device will be compatible is to guarantee all the features are supported.

The same happens with the Pixel phone, it might work at the moment to sync, but we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly with the app or the trackers until it has been added to the list of compatible devices. Issues like syncing might be present on devices that are not been fully tested. But we are always improving our services and adding more fun features to deliver what our users want.

Thank you for all the feedback and let me know if you have additional questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my google pixel a week back . And a new charge HR after my old one had some issues. But i cannot enable call notifications . Can the App developers look into that issue as to why it isnt compatible on the Google Pixel .

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Ram94! Currently, Google Pixel isn't listed as a supported device. However, Fitbit is always trying to add new mobile devices so everyone can sync their data using its devices. 

I've seen that some users have sync their Fitbit tracker with non supported devices. So, you may want to try to sync while it gets official supported. 

Hope this helps! Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did your old tracker work with Pixel?
There is a discussion that is pinned to top of Android help EricFitBit moderator. With the latest update there are lots of problems with syncing.

My suggestions
1. Android Application settings - make sure that Fitbit has all permissions
2. FitBit make sure that the call text setting is enabled. With the last update mine got turned off
3. Delete the Bluetooth setting and reconnect. I had to do this after re-enabling call notifications in the Fitbit app
Best Answer
So, is there an expected date that Fitbit Blaze will be compatible with the Pixel XL? I just bought it and would hate to have to return the Fitbit.
Best Answer

Update:  I installed the Fitbit app on my Google Pixel and, with BlueTooth turned off in the Pixel, I ran the app and it told me to turn on BlueTooth.  I turned on BlueTooth and the Fitbit app synced with my Charge HR.  I was then able to edit the sleep times and it appeared to work.  I immediately went to the Fitbit website and it showed the edited sleep status that I had just synced from the Charge HR.  So, it appears that you don't want to turn on BlueTooth in the Pixel before the Fitbit app is run on the Pixel.  Instead, run the Fitbit app on the Pixel and then turn on BlueTooth in the Pixel when the app prompts you to do so.  It seemed to work for me.  Time will tell...

Best Answer

Hi @Tammy579 in this case, as moderators we don't have information of when will be officially add as a compatible device. Nonetheless we received this information, when is already on our list. So If I got any update be sure I will let you know.

@doug5222 Thank you for this clever workaround, I'm sure it will help other users who are having the same concerns regard Goggle Pixel compatibility.

Catch ya later and for any other question, you can find me here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got it! Thanks for the reply!

@doug5222 I'm gonna give it a try, thanks for the suggestion!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 2.  I have synced my Charge HR to my Pixel 4 days in a row by using the procedure I documented here on 11-30-16.

Best Answer

Bought a Fitbit Charge HR and had to return it because it wouldn't send notifications from my pixel. Even though I managed to sync it, bluetooth connection wasn't stable and notifications would arrive by change 1 out of 100.

Too sad 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes