Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit has always had great support for the HTC flagship phones.  To my surprise, my new HTC 10 arrived today, and the Fitbit app doesn't recognize the phone.  (Nor does the Fitbit website even acknowledge its existence yet...)  The app doesn't recognize the phone as eligible for Mobile Track or other features, even though it correctly imported my devices from my account.

Any idea on when Fitbit might have official support for the new phone?  To be fair, the new Samsung S7 flagships are a couple of months old and don't show up either...

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Hi, any news? About to buy a new phone, but want it to be able to sync with my Fitbit One... I see that it's been three months since this latest post, but still no HTC 10 on the list of compatible devices. Have been happy with the HTC One (M7) and Fitbit One compatibility for the last couple of years. Has anyone found that HTC 10 syncs, even if it's unofficial?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@QbnPete A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! Regarding your question, the HTC 10 has not been added to the list yet. Some new devices, we don't have a specific list though, but even though they're not in the supported devices list, they may sync. However, we don't guarantee that they will sync properly.

We at Fitbit appreciate your patience and understanding as more devices are added to the list in the future.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for your reply. I ended up getting Samsung S7, even though it wasn't on the compatible list either. So far no problems with sync, getting my steps and Aria results easily. Tested it with setting silent alarm too: success!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@QbnPete That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that your new Samsung S7 is working properly now. Thanks for keeping me updated on this.

I'd like to invite you to visit our "Discussions" board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on the status of support for the HTC 10 phone?  Are there users successfully using the HTC 10 with their Fitbit?   My HTC One M9 is dying of natural causes, and I would like to upgrade to the HTC 10, but I don't want to lose connectivity to the Charge 2 and Charge HR trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Does anybody have an update as to when fitbit (I have the blaze, not sure if it is specific to each type of device) will be compatible with the HTC 10?

Whilst I am able to use most of the features on the watch, I am not able to control music and access notifications, nor sync to my phone during a run or cycle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Danndt. Our team is hard working in testing the compatibility of several phones, I don't know when the HTC 10 will be compatible. I took the liberty and searched for a request like this but didn't find any, I recommend checking our feature suggestions board and share this idea, I know a lot of people will vote for it. 

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the HTC 10 at first I tried a couple of times to sync my fitbit hr and it would not take it after around 5 attempts it connected to my phone and worked fine for about 3 months and then it stopped syncing I reseted my fitbit and tried again and again since it would not want to sync but surely after a couple of attempts I got it working again!  Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The good news:  My new Fitbit Charge 2 is compatible with my HTC 10 phone.  I now use the Charge 2 instead of my Surge even though the Charge 2 doesn't have all of the features of the Surge.  But, the Charge 2 makes up for it by easily syncing my daily fitness data to my HTC 10 phone.  Cheers, Guahan.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad to hear that the Charge 2 & Fitbit App is working with your HTC Ten phone, @Guahan. I have a HTC One M9 that I use with the Fitbit App, and have been delaying upgrading the phone to the HTC Ten due to reports of problems with the app not working on it. But, Christmas is coming....

Best Answer
0 Votes
Larry -

You'll enjoy the HTC 10. It's a wonderful phone. But, I don't know whether
it will be compatible with whatever Fitbit device you're currently using.

Guahan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @Guahan!  I have the Charge 2 and the Charge HR, so syncing them shouldn't be a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
USAF-Larry,

Enjoy!

Guahan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I was successfully using an HTC 10 for several weeks with my fitbit flex 2 but it suddenly won't sync. I've tried everything in terms of troubleshooting suggestions so I'm not sure if an update affected something....it's been 2 days of not syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: a reboot using these instructions solved my issue and my tracker is syncing again with my HTC 10. Instructions for a reboot: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a Fitbit Blaze for Xmas and find out it does not support on of the leading phones. Apparently your team is not working that hard on this issue. This has been an issue for 7 months as this first post is from May. Unlikely this will be fixed soon if at all so I will return the device and go with a different product that allows me to use all the features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone, received the Fitbit alta for Christmas not knowing till now that there are some compatabilty issuses with HTC 10. I'm receiving all data from Fitbit to my HTC 10  except for text messages and call info. My question is, Is the Fitbit Charge 2 having that same problem with text messages and calls? If not I'll return this one and get the Charge 2. Thanks for any input, And Happy Holidays!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JMazz: There is no "compatabilty issue" with HTC devices. Fitbit probably has DECIDED TO NOT SUPPORT HTC DEVICES any longer and has also removed all functioning support (eg. from the M8, see above) via an update. If there is a fitbit device which works today with HTC, Fitbit will probably cripple it in the next weeks.

Maybe they will decide to remove support from Samsung by next week. How knows?

Simly avoid fitbit. There are a lot of alternatives...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you see it documented that Fitbit has discontinued support for HTC phones, @loosegravel, or is that just speculation and conspiracy theory on your part? It appears from the end of your post that you do not use a Fitbit device, is that correct?

FWIW, I have an HTC One M9, and it is fully supported.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My case is well documented in this thread and in others here on the forum. I was promised to get an answer why Fitbit decided to stop supporting the HTC M8. And feedback to my questions. Which I never got.

The Fitbit documentation that Fitbit has discontinued the Fitbit tracker inside the HTC M8 is here. And no: HTC has not discontinued the support. Fitbit has. Proof: Install old Fitbit app: Works. Install new Fitbit app. Broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes