Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit has always had great support for the HTC flagship phones.  To my surprise, my new HTC 10 arrived today, and the Fitbit app doesn't recognize the phone.  (Nor does the Fitbit website even acknowledge its existence yet...)  The app doesn't recognize the phone as eligible for Mobile Track or other features, even though it correctly imported my devices from my account.

Any idea on when Fitbit might have official support for the new phone?  To be fair, the new Samsung S7 flagships are a couple of months old and don't show up either...

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Darlox Congratulations on your new phone! How does your music sound with the Hi-Res audio speaker?

We currently don't have a timeline to share of when any device that isn't listed on our supported devices list will be added. What I can tell you to do is keep an eye on the list for updates, as once the HTC 10 has been fully tested by our engineering team to play well with our app, we will add it to that list.

In the meantime, I recommend using the USB wireless sync dongle that came with your tracker and using a computer to sync.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

@Darlox Congratulations on your new phone! How does your music sound with the Hi-Res audio speaker?

We currently don't have a timeline to share of when any device that isn't listed on our supported devices list will be added. What I can tell you to do is keep an eye on the list for updates, as once the HTC 10 has been fully tested by our engineering team to play well with our app, we will add it to that list.

In the meantime, I recommend using the USB wireless sync dongle that came with your tracker and using a computer to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far, it's an awesome phone. Headphone quality is spectacular, but speaker quality not as good as the old BoomSound system.

Honestly, only major disappointment so far is the Fitbit issue! Was spoiled for a few years by the official collaboration between Fitbit and HTC on the M8... Here's hoping it's up and running soon! 🙂
Best Answer

I have ordered an HTC 10 and it will arrive in a few days.  I am surprised to learn that the phone is not compatible at the present time with my Surge.  My concern is the apparent lassitude with which Fitbit is addressing this issue.  The choice Fitbit is giving me is to return the phone or to stop using my Surge.  Not good!

Best Answer

@Darlox I am excited to hear good news about the audio as they've marketed it well.

Our team is definitely working on adding more devices to the supported devices list but I have no timeline to share of when the HTC 10 will be added. I recommend checking in on the list from time to time as once it's been fully tested, it will be added.

@Guahan Sorry to hear about any miscommunication, I recommend checking out my previous response here. You can always sync with the USB wireless sync dongle until your HTC 10 is added to our supported devices list.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, syncing data from my Surge to a Windows
PC is not always a solution. I often do not have a PC available. The HTC
10 is a top notch phone and the Surge should be compatible with it.
Moreover, I learned that the Surge is not compatible with the Samsung
Galaxy S7 and S7 edge either. They are the leading Android phones in terms
of sales. Fitbit's response to this issue is entirely is too lackadaisical.
Fitbit needs to solve this matter forthwith or it will affect sales.
Best Answer

When will you support the HTC 10?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

Very welcome to the Community @Bayness0Smiley Happy 

Fitbit is a fitness device with Bluetooth Smart syncing compatible with Android devices. Wireless sync has been a frequently requested feature from our Android users, so we've been eager to get support out as quickly as possible. While many Android devices have a Bluetooth 4.0 chip, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. Be aware of The Latest List of Supported Devices, to see if the HTC phone has been added. 

In the meantime you can sync your Fitbit tracker with your computer by following the instructions on this article "How do I set up my tracker?"

Thanks for sharing and keep stepping! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That does not really help as I want to use your mobile track tool.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Bayness0! If you are not able to use MobileTrack, let me share with you an other option:

The MobileRun Feature. To see if your phone works with MobileRun, make sure your phone can track your activity when you're out of Wi-Fi range, this is usually achieved by making sure Cellular Data is turned on. Also, make sure GPS can continue tracking while your phone is locked and make sure your phone can identify your location (this is usually achieved by enabling Location Services within your privacy settings).

To use this feature, follow this steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile.
2. Tap the stopwatch icon at the top right of the screen, and then tap Tracking at the top of the screen.
3. If you're using Android Marshmallow, make sure you grant the Fitbit app access to the requested features of your mobile device. For more information, see Why do I receive access requests from the Fitbit app on my Android mobile device?
4. Choose your activity, either Run, Walk, or Hike.
5. If you want your phone to provide voice cues during your activity, tap Use voice cues to set the voice cues you want to hear, and the frequency of the cues.
6. Tap Start. At any time during your activity, swipe left to see the GPS map.
7. When you're done with your activity, tap the Pause button and then tap and hold the Finish button. An activity summary shows your steps, distance, active minutes, and calories burned as calculated by the sensors on your phone.​

I hope you like it, I'm going to investigate more about your inquiry! 

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

@Bayness0 I was investigating and I found the following:

"Beginning in mid-May 2016, Fitbit will no longer provide support for the MobileTrack feature on HTC One M8 mobile devices. Recently, Google and HTC made some changes that prevents the MobileTrack feature from functioning properly in the Fitbit app for Android on the HTC One M8 device.

The focus of our efforts moving forward will be to provide MobileTrack on a larger number of newer Android mobile devices.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We recommend using a Fitbit tracker to continue tracking your activity."

You can find this information here on this article "How do I use MobileTrack?"

Best Answer

I have an HTC 10 not an HTC M8. It is one of htose new devices you say you are supporting.

Best Answer

I just wanted to share the article with you Smiley Very Happy. However take a look on this post "HTC 10 support" from @ErickFitbit 

Keep stepping and keep an eye on the list for updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also just got an HTC 10.  I did have the HTC Droid DNA and was loving my new Fitbit Alta paired with it, especially the text and other notifications showing up in the Alta display.  Please, please, please add the HTC 10 to your list of supported devices!  I'm sad right now!  😞

Best Answer

Hey @ljb1459 is great to see you on the Community! Fitbit is working to include many devices on the 
compatibility list. So, as soon I have any update, I'll let you know! Smiley Wink  

Enjoy your weekend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!! I'll keep checking back! I have faith that you'll add new
devices to your list. Thanks for the support! Enjoy your weekend too! 🙂
Best Answer

I have just bought my Alta, and only just discovered it is STILL not compatible with my HTC 10.

Please can you let me know when this is scheduled, or I will have to return my Alta as not fit fot the purpose for which it was bought

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guahan Support for HTC 10 probably will never happen. Fitbit had a Partnership with HTC. HTC built a fitbit tracker directly into the HTC One M8 (and still is proud of it, see http://www.htc.com/us/go/partners/ )  Worked very well. Then (mid-may this year) something between Fitbit and HTC must have happend. Fitbit removed the support for the Fitbit Tracker inside the HTC M8 and started to blame HTC for that (!) See http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1875 (in the box). Interestingly after installing an pre-may2016 version of the fitbit app the tracker works again. So its a fitbit thing.

I'm still trying to get a statement from Fitbit about this issue (because I'm an HTC One M8 owner and fitbit has crippled my device). Till now without luck. 

Verdict: Fitbit removed support for HTC. Maybe you will have luck and your HTC 10 will work sometimes. But I doubt Fitbit is currently interested in doing so.

(Want to know more about the issue: See https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/MobileTrack-compatibility-and-support/td-p/1355451/page/... . The interesting stuff starts on page 5. 

Best Answer
When will my HTC10 mobile phone be compatible with my ChargeHR?
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Colin53. Our team is hard working testing the compatibility of several phones, your patience will be much appreciated. Keep in mind that you can sync your tracker with a computer or a compatible phone. I recommend keeping an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

See you around! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes