Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack compatibility and support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/27/2016: Hi everyone -- I am closing this thread as MobileTrack support is outlined in this help article. 

If you have any questions, feel free to create a new thread and refer to this thread. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update 05/19/2016: As of the release of Android 2.25, if you have a Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P mobile devices running Android Marshmallow 6.0, you can now use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit tracker by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned.

For more information, see "How do I use MobileTrack?"

Hi everyone -- Beginning in mid-May 2016, we'll no longer provide support for the MobileTrack feature on the HTC One M8. Recently, Google and HTC made changes that prevents the MobileTrack feature from functioning properly in the Fitbit app for Android on the HTC One M8 device. The focus of our efforts moving forward will be to provide MobileTrack on a larger number of newer Android mobile devices. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I recommend using a Fitbit tracker to continue tracking your activity. Follow these instructions to pair your tracker to an account.

Check out this help article for more information on MobileTrack.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93
I am also enable to synchronise with my Alcatel Idol 3 since the update of May. Very deceived 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit  @MarreFitbit could you please ask your managment for a official statement because we are all a little bit confused:

Fact 1: FitBit stopped supporting the HTC M8 as a mobile tracker without warning and for no technical reason.

Fact 2: You recommend buying fitbit hardware as a "solution"

Fact 3: Using HTC M8 as a mobile tracker works by installing an old version of fitbit app and never update again

Fact:4 Using the old app means no new features, so I will never ever be able to buy any new hardware from fitbit (because there is no garantiee that the new hardware will work with the old app. Which we cannot update)

Fact 5: Fitbit  thinks the community is stupid ("google broke it" or "HTC M8 is still supported", see above)

Fact 6: This thread has allready 5 pages - so you are doing a lot of damage here.

So I'm a still confused about the fitbit policy. Is it ether

1. Fitbit brakes perfectly working products to force happy users to  buy new stuff

Will you brake the Flex tomorrow and the "solution" is to buy the Alta? Why not? You did it with the M8!

or is it

2. Fitbit want users of the HTC M8 to not buy any new hardware from fitbit.

Which we cant because we cant update the app.

So please post a official statement from management that this feature will not come back, so we can all move on and buy stuff from your competitors.

Or fix it. You broke it!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

By dropping HTC One M8 from support, thanks for giving me one more reason to never actually buy a fitbit product.  What's the point of having the health chip in your phone if you can't use it.  That's a real shame since Fitbit was one of the software components forced on the original install.  At least with your latest release it allows me to uninstall it.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@loosegravel You can find the official statement here.

@ltoons Thank you for your feedback, I will make sure to pass it along to our Android team.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@ErickFitbit I hope you will make sure to pass on the @loosegravel observations on to the Android team too, not just reply to it with the bland reference to the official statement.

Come on this has been going on too long now. Just tell use our M8''s are obsolete.

Thanks
Best Answer

@ErickFitbit thank you for your reply, which did not answer my question.

Let us stick to the facts:

Who has changed something so the Fitbit tracker built into the HTC M8 stopped working:

HTC: No

Google: No

Fitbit: Yes

Who can fix the problem, so the Fitbit tracker inside the HTC M8 will work again with the fitbit app

HTC: No

Google: No

Fitbit: Yes

Who made some changes according to the "official fitbit statement":

HTC: Yes

Google: Yes

Fitbit: No

So you sure can understand why I'm still confused. I would also like to state that you did not answer my question (previous post) about the fitbit policy. You did also not tell us if fitbit will stop support for the Flex also.

Maybe also of interest: the official position of HTC on this issue, from their homepage today: "HTC and Fitbit have partnered to enable the HTC One (M8) to track your basic activity."(See http://www.htc.com/us/go/partners/ ) This is nothing which "just did work". This was (according to fitbit) or is (according to HTC) an official thing. Not a little little feature. It was (and is!) a main selling point for the HTC One. Bwt. I've informed HTC support that fitbit has broken their product and blames HTC for doing so. They were not amused. It sure will take some time for the information to move up to managment...

@ErickFitbit This will not stop. Not untill fitbit, inc. officially admits that itself decided to drop support for the fitbit tracker built into the HTC M8. Or until fitbit, inc. reverts its desicion and starts to support HTC M8 once more.Or until fitbit presents any explanation which is a little bit more "beliveable".

---------------

PLEASE help Erick to understand that Fitbit Users dont want their hardware to be crippled by Fitbit for no reason. You can do so by clicking on the VOTE BUTTON below. THANK YOU.

Best Answer
How do I roll it back?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mlee55 @loosegravel The focus of our efforts moving forward will be to provide MobileTrack on a larger number of newer Android mobile devices. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I recommend using a Fitbit tracker to continue tracking your activity. Follow these instructions to pair your tracker to an account.

Check out this help article for more information on MobileTrack.

Best Answer
Must say @ErickFitbit you are answering the question like a seasoned politician, deflecting by referring to the prepared statements.

If you can pass on the comments made by @ltoons, why is there a reluctance to do so with those made in the 2 messages posted by @loosegravel.

After all they are quite pertinent points are they not?

I have rolled back to a previous version so Fitbit could do the same and place it (officially) on Google Play as a HTC One M8 only version, not designed to work with other devices. You could do that and regain at least a little faith from your alienated users.

Maybe you could pass that to the "Android Team" too

Thanks.
Best Answer

@mlee55 @loosegravel Thanks for the feedback, it's been passed along since your inital posts in this thread. I've not heard any new update on the decision to no longer provide support to the HTC One M8 for MobileTrack. If I do hear a new update, I will share it with you all here.

In the meantime, I recommend pairing a Fitbit tracker to your account in order to capture and sync activity data. 

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Thanks for moving our feedback along. I understand that it will take some time for the team to consider and respond. As "every step counts" - and the app currently doesn't - I'm sure will will hear from you next week. Have a nice weekend.

Best Answer

Mine, too .. Stop working.... Man Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mobile track was also removed from the Galaxy line, this doesn't bother me since Mobile track was giving me 100K every 20 minutes. Everybody in the challanges wanted to know how I was cheating, and Fitbit support said there isn't a problem. 

Now that it is removed it looks like there really where problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 06/27/2016: Hi everyone -- I am closing this thread as MobileTrack support is outlined in this help article. 

If you have any questions, feel free to create a new thread and refer to this thread. Thanks everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes