Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack compatibility and support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/27/2016: Hi everyone -- I am closing this thread as MobileTrack support is outlined in this help article. 

If you have any questions, feel free to create a new thread and refer to this thread. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update 05/19/2016: As of the release of Android 2.25, if you have a Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P mobile devices running Android Marshmallow 6.0, you can now use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit tracker by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned.

For more information, see "How do I use MobileTrack?"

Hi everyone -- Beginning in mid-May 2016, we'll no longer provide support for the MobileTrack feature on the HTC One M8. Recently, Google and HTC made changes that prevents the MobileTrack feature from functioning properly in the Fitbit app for Android on the HTC One M8 device. The focus of our efforts moving forward will be to provide MobileTrack on a larger number of newer Android mobile devices. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I recommend using a Fitbit tracker to continue tracking your activity. Follow these instructions to pair your tracker to an account.

Check out this help article for more information on MobileTrack.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93
My device (HTC M8 One)does not measure any activity also does not connect to apps.
Best Answer

Agreed, did this today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is broken also.

it just stopped registering steps on Thursday morning and so far is not registering steps today.

is this a known bug?

Best Answer
Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong place, but does mobile track work with the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge? My other half has downloaded it, but there is no step count.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same issue, Forgot stopped working for the last 2 days
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ErickFitbit,

Do you honestly think that I would buy one of your products when you have disgracefully just disabled my app without any prior warning? You have my email address and you can see what my device is (HTC One M8) - why couldn't you warn me?

Reasons why I would not purchase a Fitbit device in the future:

- Any device I buy I will now assume you will disable without warning or notice, therefore rendering it useless and therefore not worth paying for

- Poor customer service

- Treating people with disdain and no care whatsoever

Thank you for ruining my experience with your company, you have permanently tarnished your reputation with me and I will let my friends know too when we discuss our fitness apps and products. 

Best wishes,

Andrew

Best Answer

They removed support for HTC One M8 without warning and is very annoying, see here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/MobileTrack-compatibility-and-support/m-p/1372376

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree whole heartedly with @SunsetRunner.
Best Answer
Lost patience now.

Started using Sony's Lifelog, will see how it goes.

Thanks for the memories fitbit, so long.
Best Answer
It appears Fitbit do not care about existing customers
Have downloaded 2.24 but not able to install on HTC one M8 as its saying it unable to scan it. Can anybody help please?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Grower, do you have the install from unknown sources checked? In settings - security there is a checkbox. That might help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
On the past when I had mobile track enabled, I received over a million steps while talking to fitbit about how to remove these false 1 million steps that I just received. Mobile track only have me an excess of 2.8 million in less than 90 minutes.
I'm on the latest beta app, running marshmallow, on a galaxy S5, no option for mobile track.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Copterchick Currently, MobileTrack is only available for the Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P. For more information on MobileTrack, check out my post here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

So out of the blue!!! You are gonna lose customers with this action! For now I went back to version 2.24 by downgrading the app but when I found a better app Fitbit is over!! And no I'm not gonna buy an seperate tracker from Fitbit. This is NOT customer friendly!!

Best Answer

Same here. Doesn't register the steps anymore since Thursday!

Best Answer

Followed everyone else's suggestion and rolled back the app to 2.24 apk when it actually worked!  Can now keep track of steps without the cost of purchasing a device - Yay!

Cheers!

Moderator edit: removed APK link and format

Best Answer
Your support comment did not help. As an HTC 10 user I just ened you to
add mobile tract functionality for your device. I use a polar tracker for
actual sport tracking as Fitbit does not really offer their advanced
functionality. I found the Fitbit phone functionality fun and engaging but
useless for actual training.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My one M8 stopped counting steps and km's yesterday. Does someone know how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to say thanks for the link.

As others have said to do I downgraded to 2.24 and it is tracking steps again.

This is very poor on fitbits behalf - I appreciate I haven't bought a fitbit tracker since my phone did the job admirably so possibly I understand that we are not their hightest priority to keep happy.

However part of the reason i choose the M8 was because it had fitbit support (without draining the battery).  This must have been the result of some deal between HTC and fitbit so I assume some money went from the purchase of my phone to fitbit.

Just arbritarily (and with no notice) stopping support doesn't say good things about Fitbit's attitude to their customers (even if we are indirect ones).  

For me, certainly, it puts serious reservations on ever buying a Fitbit product (and I was thinking vaguely about it for the elavation tracking).

Best Answer
Sony's Lifelog was rubbish. Walked 8 miles and it recorded 241 steps.
Would like to install 2.24 apk but a bit wary of source and integrity of download.
Incidentally I emailed fitbit support to register my displeasure at the remove of M8 functionality and asked if they would "kindly" make an official download of 2.24 available for us.
Might be nice if everyone could do the same. Strength in numbers and all that.
Glad some of you guys using the rollback and it's working.
Best Answer
0 Votes