Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack compatibility and support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/27/2016: Hi everyone -- I am closing this thread as MobileTrack support is outlined in this help article. 

If you have any questions, feel free to create a new thread and refer to this thread. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update 05/19/2016: As of the release of Android 2.25, if you have a Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P mobile devices running Android Marshmallow 6.0, you can now use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit tracker by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned.

For more information, see "How do I use MobileTrack?"

Hi everyone -- Beginning in mid-May 2016, we'll no longer provide support for the MobileTrack feature on the HTC One M8. Recently, Google and HTC made changes that prevents the MobileTrack feature from functioning properly in the Fitbit app for Android on the HTC One M8 device. The focus of our efforts moving forward will be to provide MobileTrack on a larger number of newer Android mobile devices. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I recommend using a Fitbit tracker to continue tracking your activity. Follow these instructions to pair your tracker to an account.

Check out this help article for more information on MobileTrack.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93
As opposed to the latest version of fitbit, which damages our step counting on our phones for a certainty. I know which option I'm sticking with.
Best Answer

well why that mobile track away when it still works in previous version DO NOT hide behind changes to "android" "Google" "HTC" allow us to keep tracking using earlier versions till you sort out the tracking with sensors which is what you seem to be saying in your post 

Best Answer

I was already deciding between a Fitbit and Garmin’s Vivoactive and you guys made my decision easy.

Fitbit, removing the Mobile Track feature from my HTC One for BS reasons just cost you a customer.

Best Answer

While venting on fitbit may make us M8 users feel slightly better I do hope that doing this doesn't mean that fitbit just ignores our messages and instead they look and learn from what they have done wrong here.

I guess I'm hoping they do this that since despite their actions I have gone ahead and bought a fitbit blaze and don't want to regret it.

In my view I'm not really that upset because fitbit removed support for the M8 - I'd prefer that they still supported it because it worked well for me but thats life - Google Fit or the pedometer app someone else mentioned seem to do the job fine if you just want to count steps.

What really made me angry though was:

1]No notice - they just broke it silently.

2]No attempt to provide a workaround - even a temporary hosting of the older apk and instructions on how to downgrade so affected users could still use their M8 whilst deciding what to do.

As I said despite the above I did still decide to buy a blaze.  After I calmed down (and downgraded so fitbit still worked on my phone in the meantime) I just thought that 2 years of it working excellently outweighed their very poor actions recently (and I was in the lead on the leaderboard 🙂 ).

Fitbit was one of those apps that I started using on my phone out of curiousity but became something I used a lot which surprised me - I didn't think that counting steps was that interesting a process so would never have bought a tracker previously - but I got hooked.

Moderator edit: removed mod action comment

Best Answer

Sadly i uninstalled the app and reinstalled earlier version so cannot get it now to re add my phone if anyone has any tips for this please let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes
You looking all the way the bottom of add tracker list?
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes the very bottom and see nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cprl-rst hmm sorry can only say that worked for me.

Dashboard->Devices

"HTC One_M8" ("Last synced 2 mins ago")

Dashboard->Help

Version 2.24 (2182957)

HTH

Best Answer

maybe it's the fact that i'm using the htc one m9 

Best Answer
Ya think? Haha Did it ever work though?
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes up untill it stopped tracking on the app yesterday. It still showed steps on the web dashboard but not on the app 

Best Answer

is the fitbit step counter working with the M9?  I am thinking about upgrading my phone this summer and that would influence my upgrade decision.  I am using another pedometer app now but I really did like fitbit

Best Answer
You really think someone will buy a tracker form Fitbit now? Customer support level: newbie.
Best Answer

i have a HTC One M9 and can confirm that this does not work any more i cannot even install earlier version as it doesn't show mobile track. Had to revert to withings and myfitness pal 

Best Answer
I had a HTC m8, then got a flex. I now have an Alta and HTC 10. I stupidly left my Alta charger at work, and was hoping the battery would last until I got to work, but alas, I think it will die tonight.

That's OK I thought, I can turn on mobiletrack like I had before until I can charge again....

Errrr no, I can't.

Why on earth would you turn this off?? Why? Why?? Not happy
UK Bod 🙂 Flex (1st gen), Alta, Versa SE and now Versa 3 Owner!
Best Answer

I have reinstalled 2.24 and it works.  Lost 3 days of tracking though.  Make sure you go back onto goole play afterwards, hit the three dots on the top right hand side and untick the update automatically box.

Best Answer

is that with the htc m8 ? i tried this after uninstalling and the mobile tark wasn't an option on the devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunriseRunner46 To clarify, the HTC One M8 is still supported for syncing with a Fitbit tracker.

@TruBluMajority @cprl-rst Currently, MobileTrack is only available for the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P running Android Marshmallow 6.0.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit under the german version of Device-Support the MobileTrack still isn't listed on the Nexus 5x https://www.fitbit.com/de/devices
Von_Fitbit_unterstützte_Geräte.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bluumi Thanks for pointing this out. I've brought this to our site team's attention. Thanks again and happy Friday!

Best Answer
0 Votes