Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack compatibility and support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/27/2016: Hi everyone -- I am closing this thread as MobileTrack support is outlined in this help article. 

If you have any questions, feel free to create a new thread and refer to this thread. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update 05/19/2016: As of the release of Android 2.25, if you have a Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P mobile devices running Android Marshmallow 6.0, you can now use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit tracker by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned.

For more information, see "How do I use MobileTrack?"

Hi everyone -- Beginning in mid-May 2016, we'll no longer provide support for the MobileTrack feature on the HTC One M8. Recently, Google and HTC made changes that prevents the MobileTrack feature from functioning properly in the Fitbit app for Android on the HTC One M8 device. The focus of our efforts moving forward will be to provide MobileTrack on a larger number of newer Android mobile devices. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I recommend using a Fitbit tracker to continue tracking your activity. Follow these instructions to pair your tracker to an account.

Check out this help article for more information on MobileTrack.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

Has the Nexus 5 been removed as well?

I've been using MobileTrack with my Nexus 5 for about (6) months now.  But, now suddenly it doesn't work.  I removed my Nexus5 from my list of devices and no longer have MobileTrack as an option when adding a new device.

Ugh!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seriously, nothing in Android has changed between yesterday and today, and yet the update to your app removes comparability for HTC One M8. This is ludicrous. It was you who removed it. It was working fine yesterday!

Well. Time to rate the app poorly and give up step challenges. Strava and Endomondo will continue to get my support, as they continue to work regardless of politicking.
Best Answer
I have an HTC m8 and have come to rely on it, so would like to roll back to the previous release of the app because since 2 days ago the updated app doesn't work. If I had known (something clear in the release notes) that support was ending then I would have skipped updating the app. Please make the previous release available. Look after all your customers.

Thanks
Best Answer
I too will be very upset if m8 and HTC10 support is not added quickly. I have been user of service ever since I bought the m8 when it came out 2yrs ago. Have gotten friends to buy fitbits and we do challenges and competitions. I used to have a Fitbit, but things on wrist get problematic for what I do all day, and forgotten sometimes. My phone is never forgotten and easily in pocket. Huge mistake cutting out potential band customers and bitter taste for potential advocates of your fitness platform. More open = more happy nerds like me telling their friends they need to get on Fitbit and use the service. Plain and simple.
Best Answer

Don't you just love it when technology moves backwards?!

This is rubbish. HTC & Fitbit in partnership was one of the main drivers for purchasing the M8 in the first place. It has remained one of the major reasons why I still have the phone.

Erick/Fitbit: You could do yourself a lot of favours by either getting this to work again (on Premium only if it's a cost thing); or provide instructions on how to keep it working by downgrading - ok it won't be supported but at least it'll work while we arrange an alternative way of tracking; or at least furnish us with a detailed explanation that demonstrates to your (soon to be ex-) community that you've done everything you could for us....

Best Answer
I have used Fitbit and my M8 for sometime now. Yesterday and today no steps or mileage have been recorded. Fitbit said my connection between the Fitbit app and my M8 phone needed re connecting. I unpaired my phone. Plus just to be thorough I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and logged in. Then when I try to pair my phone only Fitbit devices are available. Plus in the app the lines for steps and distance are no longer there. So fitbit only works with their devices now?
Best Answer

Same here, my HTC M8 tracked until today but now nothing

Best Answer
Mine's the same, nothing now at all!
Best Answer

@long2know @Chris-Cross @mlee55 @MassStash @Murgy24 @Marting1953 @amandahodgson @Stephenc I recommend checking out my updates in this post for more information on what is going on with Android and MobileTrack support.

I also recommend keeping your Fitbit app updated to the latest version, 2.25.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

So - you've stopped supporting my phone, an HTC M8, when this was a major selling feature for me.  In response you recommend I buy another product of yours.  Nice.

Best Answer
Fitbit. .....Roll back the last update and give lots of htc one m8 users their working app back.

This is a big own goal
Best Answer

Hope this isn't because the deal went south and now you are not friendly with htc anymore... Please get back in contact with them, we would appreciate it very much! We like the collaboration.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote "I also recommend keeping your Fitbit app updated to the latest version, 2.25."

Why would you recommend M8 users to do this if the 2.25 renders Mobile Track on the M8 uuseless?

Personally I did this amd the app stopped working so I will be searching for an APK for 2.24.
Best Answer
I recommend rolling back your broken update. Alternatively I recommend finding the previous versions apk. Finally is recommend bit using fitbit every again as the lock in is clearly closing your impartiality.

Nothing has changed in Android. There are no updates. The only update was to your view broken app. Stop lying to us and put it back.
Best Answer
APK for 2.24 fixes this. Uninstall 2.25 then sideload 2.24. In the Google play store, click on the three dots at the top of the listing for the app. Unselect auto-update.
Best Answer
Confirmed that after rolling back the latest Fitbit update that it works fine. Doesn't seem to be an Android or a HTC problem at all.
Best Answer
I was in the beta group.. and prior to 2.24, my Nexus 5 worked fine with MobileTrack. I have no way of figuring out the version, or finding, the beta apk version.
Best Answer

Very poor form, Fitbit. The only thing that changed on my phone was your app update. Rolling back manually to 2.24 resolved the issue. This feature was a major selling point for me when deciding on which phone to choose and I was strong supporter of Fitbit. Well, sayonara and thanks for the fish, I will now be looking at alternatives that actually give a **ahem** about their older customer base.

Best Answer
I finally found an older beta APK from December that reenables MobileTrack on my Nexus 5. I was lucky that I had installed the beta apk on a device that had been turned off and hadn't been updated. The version is 2.16.3.

Thanks for taking away features for no reason and leaving your users out to dry, Fitbit.
Best Answer