Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit has always had great support for the HTC flagship phones.  To my surprise, my new HTC 10 arrived today, and the Fitbit app doesn't recognize the phone.  (Nor does the Fitbit website even acknowledge its existence yet...)  The app doesn't recognize the phone as eligible for Mobile Track or other features, even though it correctly imported my devices from my account.

Any idea on when Fitbit might have official support for the new phone?  To be fair, the new Samsung S7 flagships are a couple of months old and don't show up either...

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Hi Everyone! We're still working on the compatibility of many new Android devices. Once we receive more information, I'm confident that our Android expert and buddy @ErickFitbit will keep us updated! 

We hope to have more information soon!

Ricky Community Moderator Fitbit

Training for life? Get Fit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry

FWIW, I have an HTC One M9, and it is fully supported.

Yes. I have an HTC One M8, and it was fully supported. Until Fitbit deciced to stop supporting it....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fully understand Fitbit discontinuing some support for the HTC One M8, @loosegravel, but that does not translate to "DECIDED TO NOT SUPPORT HTC DEVICES" - one device does not make a company.  If you go to the Supported Devices page, you will find that the HTC One M8 is supported if it has been upgraded to Android 5.0 or later, but it does not support the Fitbit Charge (which is no longer being sold).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry

I fully understand Fitbit discontinuing some support for the HTC One M8

This would be ok with me. It simply means that Fitbit stops supporting perfectly working phones. They can do that. It is their app. It is their desicion.

But they lie about the reason. They tell you "the others" have broken it. Which simply is not fact.

Fitbit should admit "We stop support for phones sometimes". They should tell us which other phones they plan to stop supporting. So customers can make an educated desicion about buying Fitbit hardware... Or buying other brands...

Currently they are only telling us "Once we receive more information, I'm confident that our Android expert and buddy Erick will keep us updated!". I hear this since june.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks loosegravel,..I'm going to return it and get the Garmin vivosmart HR,..Thanks Again!!! Well not for nothing, but from reading these posts seems like its been goin on for a few months so with options on a device that I can't use seems,..well, useless,..so I will be returning,..Thanks tho,..

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got a Charge 2 because my Surge would not sync to the Fibit app. So far,
I've had no problems. The Charge 2 syncs like a charm! Guahan
Best Answer

hi I am also having some problems I can get call notifications but no text 

With the music you need to connect to the blaze classic on the blue tooth hope this helps and hope they hurry up and update it so we can get full use out of the blaze 

Best Answer

Thank you, that is helpful.

Hopefully full compatibility will not be far away

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've owned a Blaze since June 2016 and still no compatibility with my HTC 10. Why can't FitBit expound on what the hold up is,  or what devices they're specifically looking into? Both the FitBit and the phone are newer devices. Why is this so difficult? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kal-El

Who knows, Fitbit have not said anything in regards to lack of devices supported. I can't believe they don't support current flagship devices, or even previous years devices. I'm not feeling hopeful that my Moto Z will be added anytime soon, if at all.

Below are some examples of popular devices not supported.

LG G4 (yet G3 and V10 are supported)

Google Pixel

Moto Z

Moto Z Play

Moto G4/G4 Plus

Sony Z4 & Z5

OnePlus Two, 3, 3T

Why can't Fitbit at least provide a progress update or list of devices in testing with an ETA for device compatibility?

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone -- We currently don't have a timeline to share of when any device that isn't listed on our supported devices list will be added. What I can tell you to do is keep an eye on the list for updates, as once the HTC 10 has been fully tested by our engineering team to play well with our app, we will add it to that list. 

In the meantime, I recommend using the USB wireless sync dongle that came with your tracker and using a computer or alternative supported mobile device to sync.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

Do you have a list showing devices are being added on a regular basis?

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dragonfruit Our mobile supported devices page will be the teller of all current devices that are supported. I do not have a list to share with devices that are currently being tested by our Android engineers or planned to be tested. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the list linked back there <---.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Any idea how much longer we need to wait for the HTC 10 to be made compatible with Fitbit Blaze. I loved using the fitbit but now that I've got a new phone I feel like I want to throw away/smash my fitbit due to the frustrations of syncing and trying to use GPS while running. It never syncs by itself and then when I try force a sync is hit or miss as to of it work..... Surely fitbit have enough resources and money to ensure comparability as new phones come out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a htc10. Just got the blaze.  Going to return it if I can't get notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my Blaze today as a Mother's day present.  Was so excited and all, just to realize that it wasnt synching with my HTC 10. I really like HTC phones since they are very user-friendly. I feel bad, i just have to return my Fitbit to the store soon. Just wondering thar it has been months since this initial post was made & up to now, Fitbit has not been updating to include HTC 10

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine actually started sending notifications after a couple of days.
Best Answer
yup,thanks... mine just work about 30 minutes after sending the first  message. I guess, we just have to wait until it is fully synched. Fitbit ,pls update your phone compatibility and add HTC 10 .. so users like me dont freak out so easily!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

We are now at the point where the s8 has come out, the htc 11 is coming and still the 'old' s7 and htc 10 aren't supported?

Why isn't the app and it's applications just based on working with the basic android software and tested within a month of release?

We aren't talking about a case where there are so many phones to test that it just takes a few years each time. No these are the top 10 phones in the world market. The only way that this could take this long is that there is one engineer spending 10 minutes a day towards compatibility and that is all that fitbit does. How else could it take so long? In the mean time android 7 has been implemented by all top 10 phone companies and that should be much more work than this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't believe were a year down the line from the original post and still no HTC 10 support. I bought a charge 2 for my wife who has a Sony phone but due to the incompatibility had to buy a Garmin watch instead for myself. That's a lost sale Fitbit, come on! 

Best Answer