Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to re-login frequently after message "Unable to send message"

The android Fitbit app keeps forgetting me and I have to log back in.  After entering my credentials, I get a pop-up saying "Unable to send message.  Please try again later".  I immediately attempt to login again and it works.  This happens frequently.  

1000001509.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113

Same issues with my s24 ultra 😞

One ui version 6.1

Best Answer

Same problem here on a brand new S23. Hella annoying. First message says unable to send message, try again later. Then comes the sign in page again and it does sign in but I can't pair my Fitbit at all. Stuck on the bluetooth pairing screen in an endless loop. Pants!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually resolved this by clearing not just cache bit also data for the fitbit app. 

It means you need to setup and pair your tracker again but haven't had any issues since Saturday afternoon (fingers crossed....) 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Welcome to the newcomers!

Thanks for your posts about having to log into your account on the app every day. @MrIks I am glad to read that it is resolved on your end. Thanks for sharing what helped you out.

I have not had this issue as of yet. So please be so kind to wait for the next app update. Once you update the app, please check if the issue was resolved and report back. Thank you very much in advance!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi and thanks for the update,

The important questions are however:
1. When will the next update be released?
2. So this means that the root cause of this bug has been found and is scheduled to be fixed in the next release. Right?

Thanks,
Mike
Best Answer

@Thalassos Thanks for the swift reply. I am monitoring the situation. Does this still happen on a daily basis? We shall see what all others are experiencing. I have reported it already though. As soon as I have more information, I will share it with you. Next app update is coming soon, there is no specific date. Updates are rolled out in waves. I appreciate your patience regarding this matter! Thanks again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

What's the status of the ticket for this bug?

(Like submitted, investigated, scheduled for fix, fixed, tested, trashed or whatever statuses you use.)

Mike
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with my S24 Ultra, One UI 6.1

Android app is updated to latest version. This is frustrating to say the least. Now I'm also getting little messages asking me if I'm sure I don't want to move my account to google. When I'm ready to switch to a Google sign in,  I will. Until then, please fix the app so that it stays stable and signed in to my Fitbit account. 

Best Answer

@Thalassos Note that I am just a contect moderator here in the forums. I am not part of the team in charge of the app. I report these situations and the rest is internal information that I do not have access to. As soon as I receive more information, I will let you know. 

@vpEdoc Thanks for confirming this is also happening to you. Would you be so kind to confirm the app version you have installed? Please open the Fitbit app and on the top right corner, tap on the gear icon and then on "help and support". At the top of the screen you will have app details; app version as well. Thanks in advance!

If any of you is already on the Fitbit app v4.10 and are still getting the same message, please be so kind to confirm so that I can document this situation properly. Login does work inspite of the message, right? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Confirmed. I am on Fitbit app v4.10 (using a Samsung Galaxy S21) and have this issue as well. Yes, the login DOES still work if you go back a 2nd time immediately, but it doesn't stay logged in after that. Same thing others here have described.

1000001317.jpg

Best Answer

I am also experiencing this. I have a Galaxy s24 Ultra on One UI 6.0.  Every morning, I have to log in to my FitBit, and I receive the same message: "Unable to send message. Please try again later." 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues on a new Samsung Galaxy S24+. The problem is still occuring even after the update to v4.10 of the app.

Best Answer

New Samsung galaxy 24 ultra this week. 4.11 version. Login everyday with no notifications going to my watch until I do this. So annoying because I don't always remember to login. Can't switch to Google as that email has a different fitbit account. 

Best Answer

Confirmed. V 4.10, Samsung S24Ultra, logs me out every evening, same message when I try to log in.

Best Answer

As of yesterday, I'm now getting a blank whit screen after clicking the button to login with Fitbit. I don't even get the prompt to input my username and password. This happens no matter how many times I restart the app or click the login button. I even tried restarting the phone and reinstalling the app. So basically I can't use the app at all now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  I use a Samsung android phone with all software up to date. 

- 1st time log in with mail address (not google)
- "Unable to send message. Please try again later"
- directly after this message log in again with the same mail address (not google) -> successful

Is there a solution in the works?

Any update??

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only times I've been logged out is a few times when the app can not contact the server. I don't know what is happening 

Best Answer

Seening the same issue here.

Replaced my galaxy S20 with a S24 Ultra a week or so ago, and after moving to the new phone, every sign in gives me the "Unable to send message" message once when logging in with my fitbit account, then signs in without problems afterwards.

But it does not save my login, so i have to log in again if i try to open the app again later.

App version: 4.10 (110035547)
Android version: 14
Account is not a google account, just a fitbit account.

Best Answer

Same issue. Have to log in every time I open the app. On fitbit version 4.11 and android 12 on a s10+

Best Answer

I'm also having the same issue, every time I open the app I have to login again. I'm using the Fitbit login rather than google and have just swapped from a Samsung S20 to a S24. Using the current 4.10 version.

Best Answer