Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to re-login frequently after message "Unable to send message"

The android Fitbit app keeps forgetting me and I have to log back in.  After entering my credentials, I get a pop-up saying "Unable to send message.  Please try again later".  I immediately attempt to login again and it works.  This happens frequently.  

1000001509.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

Same issue,  same phone. I used to stayed logged in indefinitely.  Now I haveto login almost daily      

Best Answer

Having the same issue since getting my new A55, never had this with my S21. Have tried the suggestions listed but still not working.

Best Answer

Mine is also not logging my sleep.  I haven't had sleep results in 5 days.

Best Answer

And so... The issue is still happening. S24. Need to log in every day. Same error message as reported here. Apps won't sync unless I manually sync and that requires logging in EVERY TIME. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

Agree 100%. Fitbit (now Google) had been aware of these issues for months! What's the tipping point that will elicit the necessary bug fixes/update? This is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem and have been for months. Super annoying. 

Best Answer

Has happened to me since I upgraded from an older samsung to the S24.  

Best Answer

My wife has the same issue on a Samsung which she has recently replaced. Won't remain logged and doesn't sync her activity and therefore all her walking challenges are not registered.

So this motivational device which is supposed to support fitness through things like setting goals and targets is now not fit for purpose why is she paying £15 a month for something that doesn't work and is now eroding her enthusiasm for even small goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it's now been FOUR Months since this problem was first noted. It continues to be a problem for more & more users.

I for one am having my patience wearing thin on getting a resolution, as now @RodrigoMFitbit isn't even replying to new posts with the usual "I have documented this accordingly. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know.".

I had hopes when the app just updated to 4.16.1 that a fix was included, but that was short lived. 😞

Is ANYONE working on this internally @Fitbit? - or are we all just wasting our efforts? and we should be looking to switch to other company's wearables - because after FOUR months, I would have expected at least some minor acknowledgement that some progress was being made. It's like taking your car to the mechanic for a 1-day job & then not getting it back for a third of a year, with no updates 😞 Oh wait - sorry - bad example - you would STILL be waiting for an update on your car after FOUR months ;-(
Especially when the steps to reproduce the problem are very clear.

Best Answer
Thats why I created a new google account since I couldn't switch to my current one and haven't had this problem since. Maybe that's what people can do short term as a fix?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Obviously now that they've been swallowed up by Google, they simply don't
care. I agree. Time to move on to another brand... one they had legitimate
support in place.
Best Answer

I'm having the exact problem since upgrading my phone to an S24+ yesterday. Same thing happened on my wife's new phone. We didn't have any problems on our old S22 phones. Reading through the thread, it doesn't appear that there is a viable solution or reasonable explanation from Fitbit support.  Disappointing. 

Best Answer

I am having this exact same issue only since getting my new S24 Ultra - it never happened when I had the S21. Very annoying. Is there a fix yet, I just found this post and reading through the comments, haven't found it yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What have you found out? This is still happening to me May 14th and has been happening for the past 3+ weeks since I upgraded to the Samsung S24 Ultra - never had this issue on the S21.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also just upgraded my phone and have the same message.  When I log in, it says unable to send message, on retry it logs me in no problem.  I have to log in each time I want to access the info.  

I log in with fitbit credentials as don't see why I have to use Google details, are they trying to force people to use this instead?

My tablet however,  stays logged in as it always did.  Fitbit need to resolve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get in on my second try too.  It's not like this is a huge problem, but Fitbit's inability to fix it, or lack of interest, is a big concern.  My Fitbit is approaching end of life, and if this isn't fixed soon I'll be getting a Garmin.

Best Answer

So Fitbit no longer supports Samsung phones? Good to know.

They should probably mention that on the box.

Didn't have a problem with my 23 but upgraded to the 24 and this is beyond irritating - especially the lack of response after nearly 5 months.

I know what I won't be buying when my Inspire inevitably dies(this is my 4th Fitbit, but obviously my last since no support for Samsung phone owners)

Best Answer

This is still a problem and no moderator ha been replying to people like me who share that we are also having this ANNOYING problem since upgrading to the newest Samsung Galaxy, the S24 Ultra. When will this be fixed? Is Google actually allocating people to work on this? Yes/No?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, will definitely switch to Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes