Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High mobile data usage of the Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed that in the last month the Fitbit app had a high mobile data usage. In January, it used 1.80GB of data, and in February it has currently consumed 400MB, when in the past it only used around 120MB per month. I don't recall using the app more or doing anything different. I have a Google Pixel 6A and a Fitbit Inspire 3, so no fancy watch faces or apps running on the tracker. All of the data usage is foreground so turning off background data limit won't help.

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for reaching out about the high consumption of data by the Fitbit app. Would you be so kind to try the following. First try logging out of the app and then back in. Check the data consumption the next day. If that does not resolve it, please try deleting it and installing it again. Please let us know how it goes. Thanks in advance!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi everybody! Thank you for your messages, screenshots, and your cooperation. 

Our team has been made aware of this. They'll investigate it and work on a solution for this. 
We'll be updating the thread, should we receive further information regarding the data consumption. 

We appreciate your collaboration and patience.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

chg6 Data.png

I have Fitbit version 4.11.fitbit-mobile-11bunch of numbers not permitted by the community

I am a new user of Fitbit Charge 6. My mobile data provider is Google Fi, so this is especially annoying that my bill jumped $30 in a month because of one App.

Why is it using so much mobile data when I'm mostly connected to my home wi-fi?

Best Answer

1000012425.jpg

hi there. This is for one week of data, and considering I've been in bed ill for a week, this is really from about three or four days. I will be deleting the app an reinstalling 

Best Answer

@A1one Welcome to the forums. @JessAdders Thanks for the reply and screenshot. 

Would you be so kind to try logging out of the app and then back in? Check the data consumption the next day. If that does not resolve it, please try deleting it and installing it again. Please let us know how it goes. This has helped other users with this siutation, as you can see above. Please note that this has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Is this why my Versa 2 needs charged every other day?? Cuz it has been extremely frustrating having to constantly charge it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll try this again. But I did this last month, but I'm willing to try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This approach seems to have worked.Thank you.Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

@JessAdders @Dmac_g Thanks for the reply and cooperation. @Jadusica75 Good day to you. I do not think those scenarios are related, as other users have not reported battery on their Fitbit device also being affected. I recommend you take a look at the following article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?. Please create a new topic in case you are still facing battery short life. 

@JessAdders Please let us know if it also worked for you. Thanks in advance. 

@Dmac_g Thanks for confirming it worked out for you. Much appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be a new issue.

Google Pixel 7 pro, I have 6.6 GB of data used over the last 30 days. It's ridiculous, and should be fixed by the devs

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having problems with the Charge 5 on Google Pixel 7 Pro and have noticed an unreasonable increase in my data (2.35 Gb this month). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if this changes anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. This bug has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issues, please make sure your app is updated to the latest version. Thank you for your patience!

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbit would it hurt to add this information to the app release pinned thread next to usual (and incredibly lazy) "Bug fixes and performance improvements"?

Best Answer

@Triletics Thanks for your input and feedback. Please note that this was resolved prior the latest app update dropped. Those are the official release notes for the app update though. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

In what version was it fixed?

I'm on 4.12.1 and that was updated on March 12th, and just today it decided to use 1.5 GB of data. I didn't even have the app open or my fitbit on.

DavidGilbertson_0-1711236429089.png

DavidGilbertson_1-1711236478587.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavidGilbertson , Nice to see you around. Thank you for sharing your screenshots and information. 

We just released the Fitbit app v4.13 . 
Please make sure that you install it. 

This should solve the issue with the data usage. 
If you still don't see it on the Play Store please wait a few days for it to be unlocked. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I hope you're doing well.

Could you please confirm if high mobile data usage was resolved with Fitbit app version 4.13?

Have a nice weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes