Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I switch back to old dashboard on the mobile Android app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have accidently clicked on the stupid message about the new dashboard and now can't get back to the old one.
I do not like the new format so want to stay with the old, I would also like to get rid of the banner with the info about the new dashboard, if I can get it back to the old format

Help please!

Moderator Edit: Format/Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@stoneville Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here!

Don't worry, you can go back to the old dashboard. Please do the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap "Account"; located on the right low corner of the dashboard.
  • Swipe down and tap "Advanced Settings".
  • Tap "Switch back to old Dashboard".

That way, you will have the old dashboard back. There is no way to get rid of the banners though! However, if you accidentally tap that again, you can do the instructions above to fix.

@DramaQueenDiva Thanks for your awesome help! Smiley Very Happy

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Hi @stoneville and welcome to the Community! Can you please tell me if you have an Apple (iOS) device or an Android device so I can move your post to the proper forum? Since this is a Dashboard question, you'll most likely get a much more helpful response there.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@stoneville Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here!

Don't worry, you can go back to the old dashboard. Please do the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap "Account"; located on the right low corner of the dashboard.
  • Swipe down and tap "Advanced Settings".
  • Tap "Switch back to old Dashboard".

That way, you will have the old dashboard back. There is no way to get rid of the banners though! However, if you accidentally tap that again, you can do the instructions above to fix.

@DramaQueenDiva Thanks for your awesome help! Smiley Very Happy

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I accidentally switched from the NEW dashboard, back to the OLD dashboard. How do I switch back to the NEW dashboard? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JerryMel wrote:

I accidentally switched from the NEW dashboard, back to the OLD dashboard. How do I switch back to the NEW dashboard? 

There is a pink bar across the top of the old dashboard display prompting to trial the new dashboard. 

Click it. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would really like to see that Pink Bar disappear.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, is it still there with the app version 2.44, since it now make the new dashboard the default?

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

@SunsetRunner, is it still there with the app version 2.44, since it now make the new dashboard the default?

Yes, if you switch back to the original dashboard it appears.

I just tried it. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting, @Dragonfruit, very interesting.  I've never looked back since the new dashboard came out, so I was aware of that. At some point I am sure they will stop supporting both versions, like they did with the iOS app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info has worked much better. Didn't like the new dashboard.

Best Answer

I hate that banner!  Isn't there some way to get rid of it.  I prefer the old dashboard as well.  That banner has to go!

Best Answer

The option to switch back to the OLD Dashboard is no longer found under Advanced Settings.

I hate the tiles, always have. I just want simple, clear data. The pretty little graphics only take up space.

How do we get the Clear, Informative Dashboard back now? Thinking of switching to a different device and/or app. That's how much I'm not happy about the "tiles."

Best Answer

@ChrisXC, on 04/24/17 @ErickFitbit posted the following:

"Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. You can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here."

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, basically,  "We don't care if we negatively impact your experience with our product."

The old dashboard was useful.
The new one is not.

That's my feedback. You may appreciate it, but you don't value it.

Best Answer

I do not usually complain about anything, but I HATE the "new dashboard".  I had been deliberately keeping the "old dashboard", because I find its format more useful and easier to read/navigate.  I would like the continued option to select the dashboard of preference.  The change to the app is extremely irritating.

Best Answer

I HATE the "new dashboard".

Best Answer

I find Fitbit attitude unbelievably arrogant.  I didn't ask Fitbit to change MY dashboard you unilaterally imposed it. With an attitude like this customers will soon vote with their wallets and go elsewhere

Best Answer

I hate the new dashboard.

Latest update on my Samsung Android Fitbit app has taken away the option completely under Advanced Settings to switch back.

Not happy

Best Answer

I hate the new dashboard. May have to look at a different fitness tracker since Fitbit doesn't seem to care about its users needs.

Best Answer

I do not like the new dashboard eirher!!!!want my old one back!!!..why does popular opinion not count for anything

!!!!

@lrsema wrote:

I hate the new dashboard. May have to look at a different fitness tracker since Fitbit doesn't seem to care about its users needs.

Best Answer