Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Mate 10/10 Pro Compatibilty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had an iPhone and sold it to get an Huawei Mate 10 pro. Only now I’ve found out my phone isn’t compatible. Will there ever be? Or have I just made my newly acquired Fitbit just a watch

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Hello there @K45h, I noticed you are new in the Fitbit Community. Welcome aboard! I'm afraid you are right about the compatibility of the Huawei Mate 10 pro. So far this devices doesn't figure among the list of Compatible Devices, which means is not being tested to guarantee all feature will work as is expected.

However this is not indicative that your tracker won't work at all. I have a phone that is not compatible and despite a few hiccups I've been able to use my tracker. Hence I would like to know if you are experiencing an issue in particular, is not guarantee but it wouldn't hurt to try some troubleshooting steps.

Keep in mind your tracker will work with your computer too as an alternative. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link i left above at a later date to see if device support has been added.

If I got more updates about this, I will let you know. See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will the Versa and Ionic devices pair with Huawei mobile phones? I have a Mate 10 and I have to sell my Charge 2 because the didn't pair. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

edit: sorry, my reply made no sense on re-reading so I've removed it

Best Answer
0 Votes
And do you know when are they going to fix these problems?

Enviado desde mi Huawei
Best Answer

Fitbit never seem to give any indication on when (or if) unsupported phones will become supported.

At the moment it's not clear whether the issue with Huawei phones is a hardware or software problem or whether a fix needs to be made by fitbit or huawei.

All we can do is keep an eye on the supported phone list at www.fitbit.com/devices

Best Answer

@SteveHwrote: 

All we can do is keep an eye on the supported phone list at www.fitbit.com/devices

Why should we check that link? There have been no additions at all in the last 9 months and 2 additions in total in the last 15 months.

Best Answer

Because there's nothing else we can do

Best Answer
0 Votes

More like because Fitbit couldn't give a toss about the customers. All they are bothered about is money and ripping people off with products that are not fit for purpose. 

Best Answer

Turn off bluetooth scanning under location service. Then it starts working much better.

Best Answer

Is that done on the mate 10 pro? I don't get what you mean

Best Answer
0 Votes

In Huawei Search search bluetooth scanning.
or go under security and privacy, location services, scan settings. turn off bluetooth scanning.
Turn off bluetooth scanning under location service. Then it starts working much better.

Best Answer

Downloaded app but it doesn’t sync. Under my phone’s settings it shows charge 2 but can’t sync it within app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had the Mate pro 10 for a week, awesome phone but slightly tarnished by the connection problems with my Fitbit Ionic. My hunch is it's something to do with the Huawei software used to extend battery life. I had tried every setting on the phone as I am sure everyone else has too! Then more by luck then judgement I found if you turn on 'Ultra Battery' in the drop down quick settings on your home screen, go into it for 10 seconds and then go back to normal settings (icon in top right hand of screen) the Fitbit icon appears in the top of your screen in the notification bar. The messages then seem to work as long as you don't re-enter the app as this then breaks the perminant messaging link with my Fitbit Ionic. Have tried reconnection via going into 'Ultra Battery' multiple times to test if it works and touch wood it seems to be a work around until Fitbit or Huawei sort out a software patch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just realised in addition to my last post I had also turned Fitbit app setting from manage automatically to manage manually.  Settings > apps and notifications > apps > Fitbit > battery> launch.  Then turn off manage automatically, turn off Auto launch and turn on secondary launch and run in background options. Then use the Ultra battery setting as described in my previous post. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help, but it’s still not working. I’ve installed the app, turned on Bluetooth and location services as suggested when opening the app, turned on ultra battery mode, then exiting the mode but I don’t get any Fitbit syncing. It shows its trying to sync, but the last time it synced was on March 1st when I was using an iPhone. Sadly I’ve retired this watch which I’ve only had since late January. It’s going in a cupboard to collect dust as I don’t expect Fitbit to add this phone, since someone replied that they’ve only added two devices in 15 months 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there everyone. As @SteveH mentioned before, we still have not details if the Huawei Mate 10 / 10 pro has the same incompatibility issues as the Huawei P8 and P9. Although we keep working to have more information about this subject. I know some of you are frustrated that this model is not listed as compatible.  Due to the large number of Android and including Windows devices, Fitbit has not yet tested all models. If a device is not listed on fitbit.com/devices, this simply means we haven’t yet tested it to have definitive information. 

While still is pending to declare this phone compatible or not, it might present some difficulties with certain features that the Fitbit tracker offers.

I appreciate some of you have share a workaround that has improve the functionality of your trackers. Also I want to recommend to review the version of the Fitbit app as we have been releasing new updates during the previous week, which contain stability improvements. For more details please refer to this post.

See you around and if new information comes around I will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

All we receive from Fitbit is fob offs. They are not interested in customer care just money making. It is no excuse. These are major brand phones and its pathetic that there is still no support for these. Fitbit are a very bad company selling items that are not fit for purpose. 

Best Answer

The thing is @pf2303 we don't know what the issue is. Fitbit seem reluctant to give us more information so we do not know if the issue is a compatibility issue (as with the bluetooth on the Huawei "lite" phones) so it can't be fixed or whether a software update is need. And if it is software we don't know whether fitbit or huawei (or both) need to make a change.

I can understand that you are not happy and want to let off some steam. I'd just be happier if I knew you were directing it at the right people.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveHwrote:

I can understand that you are not happy and want to let off some steam. I'd just be happier if I knew you were directing it at the right people.

Who would the right people be? We are having major problems and no one is giving us any kind of answer at all. I've spent 160€ on a smart watch that just doesn't do any of the things it's supposed to (I can't track my activities via GPS unless the thing connects to the smart phone. Also, I end an activity and I can't see how I performed until a couple of days later when I found a tower PC at my parent's house!!) You'd expect fitbit to be all out trying to solve this, or at least giving constant updates. At least.

Seriously, I don't even remember on how many channels I've asked (twitter, community etc...) to know which android phones are guaranteed to work and the only answer I've been given is the link to a table where the only phone listed which is currently on the market is the Samsung S8. This is not ok. That's not acceptable customer service. To be more precise, such a table wasn't even available until weeks ago. There was only a pop up menu which hid this information.

Best Answer