Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Mate 10/10 Pro Compatibilty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had an iPhone and sold it to get an Huawei Mate 10 pro. Only now I’ve found out my phone isn’t compatible. Will there ever be? Or have I just made my newly acquired Fitbit just a watch

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

A Fitbit watch is not all about tracker. Its additional functions such as caller notification and messages notification are equally important as well - that's the reason why such functions are implemented in the first place! And when these functions in a fitbit watch no longer work with certain phones, it is as good as just wearing a normal watch and carry your smartphone around with tracker apps installed! Duh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread seems to have been inactive for a while. I just wanted to know if anyone has come right with their fitbit devices and Huawei phones

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fix still works fine for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please share your fix? Is it stable and works 100%? Does it work for notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It works with notifications, and it's stable. I'm replying from my phone
since I'm in my bead, you can scroll back in this thread and look at my
post for the solution that works for me. I think it was first to remove the
pairing from the app and then re-pair it with your phone. But look at my
previous post
Best Answer

Hello @Daniel_habazin and @nadeem_k.

@nadeem_k This would be the post that @Daniel_habazin is referring to. You can click here to see it. Hopefully it can be useful to you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Doesn't work for my Charge 3 and Huawei Nova 2 at all. I disconnected Charge 3 from Fitbit app and then tried to pair the devices (phone and bracelet) only via bluetooth. After a brief waiting a message appeared Pairing Failed. Incorrect pairing key or the device you want to pair with configured incorrectly.

So, maybe it works for Charge 2, for Charge 3 it doesn't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner.

This could be happening because the Huawei Nova 2 is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have no questions since I returned Charge 3 back to a store. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible to work on some huawei devices but not others? It seems to work on my mate 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nadeem_k and @SunsetRunner.

@SunsetRunner Hopefully you can consider Fitbit again in the future.

@nadeem_k It is certainly a possibility. Like I mentioned, as long as the minimum requirements are met there is a possibility that it will work flawlessly. The thing is that we are not able to guarantee the functionality if it is not on the list.

Glad to read that it is working properly for you. Hopefully it continues like that indefinitely.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything that I can  help you with.

Best Answer

Am I getting this right ? Fitbit hardly does anything with regards to compatibility with the the third largest smartphone manufacturer in the world ??? Wow ... I was about to buy, but that definitely puts me off - and it might explain the really bad ratings you get on the Charge 3. Get your act together, guys !!! And repeatedly saying "there is a possibility that it will work flawlessly" clearly just doesn't cut it ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Cedje.

Thanks for your feedback. 

Please do know that our team is well aware of the multiple requests to further expand the list. 

If you have the time, maybe you could support this suggestion to include the Mate 10 on the list. You can vote or comment on it to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how the board works.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Prior to purchasing my Fitbit Charge 3, I was told by the store sales person that my Huawei Mate 10 is not compatible with Fitbit.

I went on and purchased it to give it a try with the option to return it back if it does not work. So far its working just fine.  

EDIT

Now just over a week since I am using my Charge 3, I just realised notification are not always sync'ed from my mobile to my Charge 3. However, until now,  syncing from Charge 3 to my mobile has been working just fine.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Metju.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Charge 3 and Mate 10. In regards to the notifications, you could try to follow the steps listed in this help article. Some users with phones that aren't on the list have mentioned that they have worked for them.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

all ive been told is to upgrade to windows 10 on my laptop before they can help any futher but im payin another £120 just update my firmware on the charge 3 .... off to the bin it goes !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes