Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Mate 10/10 Pro Compatibilty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had an iPhone and sold it to get an Huawei Mate 10 pro. Only now I’ve found out my phone isn’t compatible. Will there ever be? Or have I just made my newly acquired Fitbit just a watch

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

My ionic wont sync whatsoever with my Mate 10 pro since the latest fitbit update. Today I connected my old pebble steel and everything works perfectly with the Mate 10 pro + pebble. 

All these support messages about how bluetooth is different on huawei devices doesnt seem to hold up. Its obviously a fitbit issue that they aren't admitting to. 

Best Answer

Update - So I see Fitbit broke receiving notifications in silent mode (which I use all the time) on the latest app update.  Unfortunately this doesn't explain my problems as I tried with sound on my phone and still get no watch notifications.

I did have notifications working on my Versa purchased received last Monday but the Fitbit app was then updated and now seems to have broken!  I've tried all the suggestions here on this thread but no notifications being received.  I have the Huawei 10 Pro and do have the fitbot icon in the phone notification area, just none coming through to the watch.

Previously had a Huawei W1 smartwatch but wanted the Fitbit for better sleep monitoring and fitness tracking and it's compact size.  Will give it a couple of weeks and if no improvement then the Fitbit's going back and I'll use my old watch again.

Best Answer

It is ridiculous at the lack of support for the major brand phones. All I can say is post your comments on Twitter like I did and at least you receive a response from Fitbit. If it doesn't improve then I'm selling mine and to hell with thickbit..

Best Answer

So the time has come to sell my Versa and get an Android fitness tracker. At least I know that'll talk the way it should with my phone, bye Fitbit...

Best Answer

What is a little bit odd is that Fitbit is not warning customers about some of their products is not working properly with many phones. People just assume, and rightfully, that it will work via Bluetooth. Have tried to get some answers from Fitbit, but without any luck. Only standard phrases as "thanks for your patient... ". I would think that the Bluetooth standard would make it easy for devices to communicate regardless of type of brand etc.

It must be serious since they are not able to fix the problem.

Frustrating.

Best Answer

HI there everyone, thank you for your feedback and for calling this out. I'll make sure to pass forward yur comments to our teams.

Note that the compatibility information can be found in our help article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

I can understand that many Android flagships are still not in our list. Fitbit is compatible with more than 200 of the most popular Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices. If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

See you later until I have more details.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

200 devices yeah. I counted 163 on Fitbits list and many of these are obsolete and NOT popular phones.

Fitbit cannot keep up with popular phones and to not mention this compatibility issue before we purchase the watch is a disgrace. 

Best Answer

We wouldnt be having these issues if the language on the box mentioned compatibility issues. 

My box states: "Requires Android smartphone"

Not even a version requirement or that all android phones wouldnt work. 

Best Answer

@pf2303 wrote:

200 devices yeah. I counted 163 on Fitbits list and many of these are obsolete and NOT popular phones.

Fitbit cannot keep up with popular phones and to not mention this compatibility issue before we purchase the watch is a disgrace. 

I read all of the list. There's a single Android phone that's currently on the market, the Samsung S8. Which was released 1 year ago. A single one.

What a joke.

Best Answer

@luca85 wrote:

@pf2303 wrote:

I read all of the list. There's a single Android phone that's currently on the market, the Samsung S8. Which was released 1 year ago. A single one.

What a joke.

This is a valid point. Other than buying used you can't get a compatible phone. 

The advertising is very misleading

Best Answer

Im on support chat right now and they confirmed the Mate 10 pro has no ETA and they arent working on it. 

Started with:

"As of right now we don't have an specific time frame for them to be fully compatible, though I'm confident they should be really soon."

To confirming the samsung s9 will be compatible "Soon" 

"Nevertheless, all of the Samsung devices are being added to the list of the compatible phones, and based on that I would personally say the S9 should be added soon."

Also a solution was to borrow a compatible phone or buy an iphone.

Best Answer

Even verizon doesnt understand the compatibility issues with fitbit:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/fitbit-ionic/

if you go to compatibility all the android phones listed are not compatible other than the s8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, seems like the connectivity issue still persist on mate 10 Pro. Anyone found a way to sync yet? 

My only sync once upon connecting. 

Thanks you all

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

It seems to sync better but it take some time. Syncing steps goes within a few seconds, but history for heart, sleep, puls etc takes long time.

Notifications are random like showing old messages (Messenger) but not the latest etc.

I did a test to see incoming calls now and that actually worked every time for all the 3-4 attempts.

I mean that they should tested the watch for all phones before put it on to the marked. Ionic has the Bluetooth 4.0 and my Mate 10 P has 4.2 version. Customers rely that this will work when having Bluetooth, and why should it not??

As it is now I would call it a Beta version since there are not so many phones that are listed in the supported devices. 

When asking them about this, they say we have to be patient or buy a phone that are listed in their supported list of devices. 

I like the watch, but miss the features and why the syncing issues has not been solve.

It seems like they are not taking this seriously at all. 

This is a confession of failure in my opinion.

Best Answer

@Cerb wrote:

Just realised in addition to my last post I had also turned Fitbit app setting from manage automatically to manage manually.  Settings > apps and notifications > apps > Fitbit > battery> launch.  Then turn off manage automatically, turn off Auto launch and turn on secondary launch and run in background options. Then use the Ultra battery setting as described in my previous post. Hope this helps.

I try this solution and it's work for me 

I have mate 10 pro and fitbit ionic 

Thanks alot 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i think i found a solution, i had a fitbit charge 2 that worked without any problems with my mate 10 pro, but when i switched to a fitbit versa i had big problems, until i took a look what i had done to get my charge 2 to sync.

I had to pair it first in bluetooth settings, sounds logical right, but when you set up your fitbit with the app, it looks like it stores only the information in the app and not in the phone settings.

so to get the phone to first find the fitbit you have to kill the fitbit app, then you can find it, i had big problems with this step since my versa was paired to my spare iphone just to get it to sync, but i just had to disconnect from my iphone first, i did it by just turning the bluetooth off.

Funny thing, when i look at my iphone i can see that it is paired in the bluetooth settings...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This suggestion worked perfectly for me, would recommend it as a solution!

@WellnessXperts wrote:

Turn off bluetooth scanning under location service. Then it starts working much better.

Best Answer

Would also like to confirm that turning off bluetooth scanning in location services seems to have worked for me as well.

Best Answer

Seems to be working now as of last night!  My Huawei Mate 10 pro is syncing real time, and my FitBit Blaze is now receiving notifications.  Looks like an app update within the last 8 hours has resolved this annoyance. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great to hear!

I think also turning off the aggressive "Launch" optimization settings for the Fitbit app in the phone settings helps too.

Thanks.

Hitesh
Best Answer