Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

I have a p8 and on your compatibility list says that its compatible so I dont understand the reason why the notifications dont work and the music part wont stay connected so a bit of info on this would be great

Best Answer

This  is what I have mentioned in earlier post. Fit bit is aware that Huawei phones are not  fully compatible . They still would not have changed information on their W.S. 

Best Answer

Have restarted Alta, have restarted my phone. Can't find my dongle thingy to sync to dashboard...

But, i haven't tried uninstalling app as i can't find my dongel....

HEEEEEELLLLP! I lost my challenge coz it wouldn't sync ! I would have won it too!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all.

I just got a new firmware update and NOW my phone does all the stuff it should do with the app. Maybe they finally got their act together. Everyone go and update and let me know if it works for you too.

Best Answer
Firmware update for the Huawei P9 lite or your Fitbit?
Which Fitbit do you have?
Thanks!!
Best Answer

Blaze 2 is what I have and my phone is a ZTE Max Pro...

And like your phone I couldn't do anything to make it compatible but now it is.

in fact I got your response across it.

Best Answer
I'm afraid I haven't had success with syncing mine yet, although it did say it had found my device. I'm hoping to try again tonight. Was it a Fitbit update or a phone update?
Best Answer

When will you support Huawei P9 lite?  I just got mine and now my fitbit will not sync and it is not that useful to me now.

Best Answer

Hi everyone -- Thanks for your feedback regarding compatibility with Huawei mobile devices. I've merged a few threads into this one and updated the subject line to reflect the general discussion. Check out these suggestions and tips for getting you setup with your Fitbit trackers.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a Fitbit firmware update. 

Best Answer

Still no luck with my Flex 2, it's still invisible to my phone​'s Bluetooth. I guess they're updating the firmware a model at a time. Some sign of action though which is something!

Best Answer
0 Votes

you may have to turn it on in the actual fitbit....mine says Bluetooth classic.

You may also need the newer android meaning 6 or 7

Best Answer

@BOEScott : Is the firmware you updated on your Blaze 2 or your mobile phone?

The last update for the Flex 2 was a few months ago...

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a firmware update on my Blaze 2.

Best Answer

Spoke to customer service on the phone (Emona was very helpful, it's not her fault..)There is apparently no firmware update for other models, just the Blaze, and there is no timescale for this to be resolved. 

Interestingly, my Flex 2 did briefly sync with my P9 Lite at work yesterday morning. It seems that this was a one off fluke though as my tracker is once again invisible to my Bluetooth. I'm giving Fitbit 3 more weeks and then taking up the offer of a refund from John Lewis.

Best Answer

Oh I totally understand. My Gf is having surgery on May 1 and I was gonna buy new phones(Samsung 7 Edge) as I need her to be able to reach me when I can't have my cell on me at work(but close enough to get messages if it worked). So I was surprised when it worked. 

Best Answer

Thanks.  My fitbit charge 2 is paird with my Huawei P9, but, it won't sync.  It even tells me about charging level, but won't capture my activity.  I'm having to use the Bluetooth on my PC to update. That is OK, but not great.

Best Answer

Hi I have a p8 and it finally working everything is now working ever since the update to the actual device its self thanks all 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Punish87

That's great!!

Which Fitbit do you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RonaTyger

My phone app always shows the latest charge level and any info from the most recent sync to my computer...

My Flex 2 still won't pair with my P9 lite, though...

Very frustrating that the Fitbit moderators consider this thread "Solved"...

Best Answer