Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565
Thanks for the response.
The real issue is when will fitbit make it right for Huawei users to link via Bluetooth and when will Huawei reciprocate. If they don't then one or the other devices has got to go.
Simple as that.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Do you have an idea when this model will be compatible with the flexi 2 ?

My whole company has huawei ascend P9 lite and we were quite disappointed to notice that it doesn't work.

Antoine

Best Answer

Just bought Fitbit flex 2, and nope. Not compatible with my phone. As I only want a waterproof fit bit, seems pointless. I'm fuming. Such a let down yet again from fit bit. 

My last one was a charge HR.

The strap broke on that, they sent my another, but it happened again and to top it off, it would struggle to sync as well, then stopped syncing altogether. 

So disappointed. 

Waste of time and money

Best Answer

I just bought me a Charge 2, knowing about the problems with a Huawei P9 Lite. Okay, the Charge didn't sync at first. But.... I found a possible solution: I installed a third-party app on my Huawei. I did run the app, my Charge2 was visible, so I paired. Believe it or not: the Fitbit-app synced with my Charge!!!!

The name of the app is Btoolkit. I would say: give it a try Smiley Very Happy
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.qrr.android.btoolkit&hl=nl

Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved this now too, I sold the P9 Lite and bought a Samsung.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Thanks Marcel029

Tried the app but unfortunately for me it did not work.

The impossible quest continues......

Thanks anyway
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you follow these steps:

Start BToolkit

Search for devices

Pair the Charge 

Leave Btoolkit

Start Fitbit app

Try to sync (note: I noticed that when I had my bluetooth on on my tablet (on which I also sync), It didn't work)

To be complete: My Charge has firmware 22.22.53.4, the firmware on my Huawei P9 Lite is VNS-L31C432B381

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 will not pair with new phone huawei p8 lite didnt work properly wheen on windows phone either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marcel026 I have a P9Lite and a Charge2. I tried your solution and it is not working. However the charge 2 is pairing with my Samaung Tab instantly. Is there any other steps I should follow??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still Charge 2 is not compatible with Huawei P9 Lite.
DO you have any solution?

Best Answer

Nothing worked out.
Syncing to my office lap top is not an option,
ANy solution as of today?

Best Answer

So I notice that Fitbit have eventually managed to make the Samsung S8 and Google Pixel compatible devices. I imagine this was a very embarrassing lapse for Fitbit given that these are flagship phones that are likely to be used by reviewers.

Unfortunately you have still not added the Huawei P9 Lite- despite it being released more than a year earlier and having 'all the necessary requirements to be a supported device'. Clearly we are second class customers and Fitbit couldn't care less about us! Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they have an undercut deals with Samsung and Google. 
So they tend to push customers to Samsung and Google. Otherwise, after all why cant they link with p9?
P9 is not the greatest mystery in the world. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RJ1 wrote:

I think they have an undercut deals with Samsung and Google. 
So they tend to push customers to Samsung and Google. Otherwise, after all why cant they link with p9?
P9 is not the greatest mystery in the world. 

No I just think they don't care; the P9 isn't the only android handset not on the list. Plenty of flagships are missing. Moto Z, OnePlus3T, LG G5; LG V20; HTC One; etc.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RJ1  & @Dragonfruit it surely is a great mystery because Huawei has now come out with P10, P10 Lite and P10 Plus. Still Fitbit guys are unable to link it to P9. Also OnePlus is Out with OnePlus 5. So there are a lot of Android Flagships models missing. However funny enough Apple iPhone 7 which was launched almost parallel to the Huawei P9lite  is on the list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the Huawei p9 not compatible with the blaze? I find this rather strange as it's a new model of phone and Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not supported by fitbit at the moment. It doesn't show on the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices and there is a lengthy thread on the subject at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Huawei-P9-amp-Lite-Compatibility/m-p/1183110#M23826

Best Answer
0 Votes

When can I expect to huawei p9 lite to be added to your list? I just bought blaze and isn't paired with my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Basienka it seems this is a question to be answered by one of the moderators. Becuase at the moment Huawei P10 Series is also out including the P10Lite. Still they are unable to include the P9lite.

Best Answer
0 Votes

dats why
when you have a deal , you tend to neglect others 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes