Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

Fitbit only allow expensive phones to sync with their units thats why Huawei p9 will not connect

Best Answer

I was given a fitbit alta hr for christmas, and after trying to get it to work (it synced once) for 3 days I have finally realised it is not compatible with my Huawei p9 lite. Shouldn't people be warned about this before buying this quite expensive device? I'm really annoyed - and putting the info on a computer doesn't really interest me. I just hope they give me my money back at the shop. My daughter gave her boyfriend a much cheaper device which works perfectly on his phone. Really disappointed - what a waste of money.

Best Answer

FitBit please FIX it!

Best Answer
No my p9 lite still does not sync with my fitbit despite fitbit saying the problem has been solved. It definitely has not.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
Mine says it is syncing but doesn't.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
I just don't understand why they don't do something about it. How come
nearly every other device on the planet can sync with nearly everything but
fitbit can't??!
Best Answer

Despite the problem, this post is flagged as 'Solved'!?

Best Answer
Oh. That's news to me. Who solved it? The fitbit still doesn't pair up with
the Huawei p9!!
Best Answer

I have the P9 Lite, at the top of the feed you will see a tick saying 'solved'

Best Answer
And is it "solved"?
Best Answer

According to your message, the Huawei P9 meets all the hardware requirements. However, since 03.27.2017 this phone has not been added to the list of supported devices. When will this finally happen? Or, why hasn't this phone been added yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ellefka wrote:

According to your message, the Huawei P9 meets all the hardware requirements. However, since 03.27.2017 this phone has not been added to the list of supported devices. When will this finally happen? Or, why hasn't this phone been added yet? 

Because fitbit doesn't support android anymore. In the Whole 2016 and 2017 they haven't added any new Android phones, from any brand, as compatible. (excluding just the Galaxy S8 and one Google pixel)

Best Answer
Just because some idiot ticked it solved does not make it so.
Best Answer
Absolutely. I'm going to see if I can get my money back on the fitbit this
afternoon.....
Best Answer

Any update on compatibility with Huawei p9 lite? You recommend "setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!"

The purpose of the app is to be able to track data instantly not waiting to have access to a computer to sync our progress. 

Also missing out on the challenges with other Fitbit member. 

I think it's ridiculous that it is taking your Android team so long to fix this issue !! 

Best Answer

@Ternerh wrote:

Fitbit only allow expensive phones to sync with their units thats why Huawei p9 will not connect

That's not true. Huawei also sells very expensive phone, and even those are not supported. Furthermore, many other brands of all price ranges are not supported. It's just that they don't support android at all.

Best Answer

There's a solution and that's to bring it back to the store and get your money back.

Best Answer
That's exactly what I have done
Best Answer

I did the same thing but I cannot pair the new Vivoactive HR with my P9Lite.  How'd you do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarielleNZ

I uninstalled the Fitbit App from my phone yesterday and reinstalled it.  So far, it's back to syncing fine.

Best Answer