Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

Hi, please read my previous post. I initially connected my charge 2 with my friend's huawei 8 and indeed the sync works every now and then with my huawei p9 lite after upgrade but this means no gps function for example. Plus no sync since last Sunday anymore so not sure what is going on...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Andre71,

Which is the firmware you installed

Andrea
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Andre71, all of us do sync our fitbits one way or the other (old phones, PCs etc...). So we have the latest firmware. But it doesn't fix a thing.

Anyway, I truly don't understand why this should be an issue. It's not like fitbits can be synced just with specific PCs. They work with every single possible PC on earth, provided that said PCs have bluetooth. Why do some phones, instead, don't work? There's blatantly something wrong somewhere, but I can't point my finger on it. I've been tweetstorming them and they won't move from "we need to test phones individually and it just happened that we had not time for this specific model". While this shouldn't be the case, it should work by default on every model with BLE 4.0 or later.

Best Answer

Hi. I have my Fitbit charge 2 back tot the store. I bought a Honor band 3 and it is great!!! Same specifications + waterproof + more notifications for €60!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know that Huawai is the 3rd largest phone manufacturer in the world right?  And you don't support them?  Great business model. Well done.  Returning my Charge 2 and will buy a competitor's activity tracker.

You guys should find new jobs before FitBit goes down the pan like so many other business that have no idea about customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here it is already number 1 and no one will buy this trash.

Best Answer
0 Votes
But they arent focused on the old...they got a new product to promote!

Thats where their focus is.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Honor band 3, daughter Company from Huawei. It works great and very good price and same specifications!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will do the same
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BOEScott wrote:
But they arent focused on the old...they got a new product to promote!

Thats where their focus is.

@BOEScott, that's false! According to their website even the new product isn't compatible with Huawei phones!! Hope they're looking for a new job, as they're going to bankrupt if they don't fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also try to connect my fitbit alta hr to huawei gr5 , but my device cann't see fitbit too . Is it hardware or software problem ?

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 03/27/2017: The Huawei P9 and P9 Lite have all the hardware requirements to be supported devices but are currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ausein wrote:

I also try to connect my fitbit alta hr to huawei gr5 , but my device cann't see fitbit too . Is it hardware or software problem ?

It's been more than a year and, for reasons that I simply can't figure out, they won't tell us!!! Seriously, a bit a trasparency would help *a lot*!!

The one and only answer they'll copy-paste is that they "didn't have the occasion to test such phones, but they might work". The specs are correct, there's no reason why a huawei phone with BLE >4.0 shouldn't work with fitbit devices, at least on paper. Yet it does not work. For what we know, maybe it could even be hauwei's fault, maybe they're the ones not complaint to the standard. But the lack of transparency from fitbit is making us think that it's fitbit the one at fault.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @BobbleTop.

@BobbleTop wrote:

You know that Huawai is the 3rd largest phone manufacturer in the world right?  And you don't support them?  Great business model. Well done.  Returning my Charge 2 and will buy a competitor's activity tracker.

You guys should find new jobs before FitBit goes down the pan like so many other business that have no idea about customer service.

That's old data you've got there. Huawei currently overtook Apple. It's the second phone maker by market share now, Worldwide.

Seriously, not being compatible with such products (and many other, like LG, Asus etc...) is a Death sentence for the company.

Fix this and fix it now!!!  Anything to say about this @MarreFitbit @RobertoME ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works for me now. New roll-out?

I updated the Fitbit app  2 days ago on my Huawei Lite.  My phone could, with a couple of tries, find the Fitbit watch and it paired with my phone!...It is working for me now...it still takes a lot of tries to get it to sync, but it eventually does it. They may be rolling-out the update. But there is hope! I didn't do any weird stuff or anything! I've been trying for a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, I've got the update only today (not sure why...) and... It still doesn't work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Charge 2 last week and the software still does not support the Huawei P9 lite so I'm heading back to the store tomorrow a very disappointed customer!

Best Answer

Almost 1 year later and Fitbit have still not added the P9 lite - very disappointed with my first experience with a Fitbit! Returning to the store tomorrow

Best Answer

Only scheduled sync???

My P9 lite did finally spontaneously pair with the Charge2. (Before the Fitbit could never be found, let alone get paired).The strange thing is that it can only sync when I get the message that a sync has been scheduled and will start soon.

Sometimes that happens quickly, sometimes I have to wait forever...how can this be explained????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bad product and software development lol

Best Answer

I also have to do the same thing, also an old samsung phone, sigh what a mission!

Best Answer