Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

Has your android team tested the p9lite for compatibility yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry to say this but question like that above doesn't make sense ( I
was asking the same) for that company. Have you seen that all the post
seems to be flagged a 'solved' ?
They are just laughing in our faces. The most important thing is that we
are buying. Just this. Their stock is moving, they are taking money and
what else you have to take care of?
That's it
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry to say this but question like that above doesn't make sense ( I
was asking the same) for that company. Have you seen that all the post
seems to be flagged a 'solved' ?
They are just laughing in our faces. The most important thing is that we
are buying. Just this. Their stock is moving, they are taking money and
what else you have to take care of?
That's it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry one moderator has sent me a personal note saying that my contents are not appropriate. (All I did was just discussed about this matter). I have a copy of that conversation and send it to most of my contacts.
Their den, Their rules 🙂
I cant change the phone. Next time I ll have to change the device. (Hope this is not inappropriate content)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 03/27/2017: The Huawei P9 and P9 Lite have all the hardware requirements to be supported devices but are currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

The P9 Lite has Bluetooth 4.1 so that means it should work, right? Well, it's still not connecting and this forum is a year and a half old. Why is it taking so long?

Best Answer
0 Votes

so this is a post from 21/10, more than a full 8 months ago, yet still no solution has been offered to the big crowd of huawei lite users. When is fitbit going to see that this is a big problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is the Huawei P9 Lite still not compatible with the app? Huawei is the new up and coming phone and everyone has one! This is so frustrating...........!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge2 HR still won't sync with my Huawei p9 lite. I've tried re-pairing but nothing. I am currently using a nexus 7 to sync once a day but this means I can't use the Fitbit as I planned to. Please proved me with a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AliciaSchell, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. The reason of this is because we have not tested it for compatibility yet. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list to expand the option to sync with Fitbit.

I don't have an estimated timeframe of when is going to be compatible to share with you at the moment, in case the phone is going to listed as compatible. If your device isn't listed, you can check our list of compatible devices at a later date to see if device support has been added. 

If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0) I recommend giving a try to the troubleshooting steps for syncing issues.

Keep in mind you can use in the meantime as an alternative compatible device or using a computer if the tracker is not syncing with your phone.

See you soon and thank you for your patience while we work to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I managed to at least synchronize my Fitbit with my friend's phone Huawei 8. This also upgraded the wearable itself. When I left for work with my Fitbit on, it actually synched with my mobile Huawei P9 lite several times on the way and at work - 2 times automatically, several times by forcing the synch. I am at home now,  my friend is gone and the synch does not work again. This is really bizarre, is there something in my flat causing the problems with synch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please @RobertoME, stop copy pasting the same answer over and over. You've been copying the same text for more than a year. Huawei is the second android brand by market share and no models work. Find a solution NOW. My charge 2 is as useless as a brick if it doesn't sync with my phone!!

Best Answer

Agree with Luca85, Huawei already exit with new phone P10 but the Fitbit SW dept is still working on the compatibility of P9 it does't make sense.

Is there any chance to fix it or we have to sell our device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's the most irritating part. It obviously doesn't work but they keep saying that it's just that they didn't have the chance to test it, but they hope it works since the hardware is compatible. it's obvious that it doesn't work,and they know it. It's been more than one year, and we're talking about lots of very popular models. Their replies are infuriating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still going strong I see!!

when will this problem be fixed or, at least, investigated?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree it's not good enough, Fitbit really need to address this problem and stop saying it's solved when it obviously is not

Best Answer
0 Votes

We will all just have to accept that Fitbit has absolutely no intention of ever supporting the Huawei brand of phones in the foreseeable future. I very much doubt that this is due to some new technology as my old fitbit Surge synchronises without any problems.

If you look at the similarities between the Huawei talkband B2 and the Fitbit Charge2 you can understand that Fitbit is a little upset. I suggest that Fitbit is intentionally "not supporting Huawei" any more. In one way I can understand them but more honesty to their customers would have been nice. Possibly there is some legal issue involved in admitting this

I've had to resolve the problem between my Huawei P9lite and Fitbit Charge 2 by getting a Sony Xperia XA. Definitely not ideal and as a long standing supporter and customer of Fitbit products I feel insulted by the lack of honesty and responce.

I will not be buying any more Fitbit products when the time comes to replace the Charge 2.

Best Answer

Solved. Returned my fitbit and got huawei honor band 3. With your costumer care and support, you are in a good path to go bankrupt soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe you're right @SunsetRunner, but I can't see them truly being so stupid. At the moment Huawei is the second brand of smarphones by market share. It overtook apple!!! Making fitbit devices not compatible with hauwei is an outright death sentence for their excuse of a company. I'm also not going to buy another fitbit when the times comes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure...

September 2017 and still not compatible with the P9 lite! 😞 Bought a Fitbit charge 2, and can't even sync!!!

I really can't understand that a Company this big still not made them compatible, how can it be so hard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I bought a fitbit charge 2 for my wife. She has a Huawei P9 lite, and as all of you we couldn't connect the charge 2 to the phone. I have a Huawei mate8 of my own and connected the watch to it successfully. It said immediately that there's was An update for the charge 2. It took about 10 minutes to install. After the update I tried to connect it to the P9lite and now it works fine. So try to connect it to another working phone to get the latest software version and I'm sure you all will be able to connect as well. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes