Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

I got the Charge 2 on my birthday and was very excited.

When I tryed to sync with my P9 Lite, I saw that the Android can't even recognize the Charge 2 (so, would be impossible to sync).

My wife have an older Android device that can sync very quickly and I got the Charge 2 firmware update.

Still, can't be recognized by my P9 Lite after this update.

Clearing, that a firmware with a patch for this is required.

Fitbit is a very well known device and it's I see that have issues with a lot of flagship devices.

I checked the forum and they have the same issue with P8 (older device) and the brand new P10, so there is very few hope to see this issue solved any time soon.
What a shame !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the Charge HR working with my P9. It sometimes has difficulties syncing but I think that's a Huawei issue because the same issue occurred on my fitness tracker made by another company

Best Answer
0 Votes

@benwfowler It is good to know that you got the Charge HR to work with the P9. Would you be able to share the actions you took to get that done??

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is an easy solution. Buy a Huawei Band 2 when released and try get your money back on this rubbish. I unfortunately can't get mine back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think that someone cares about us. We bought it, it's not working, not their problem anymore. But our money. And that makes me feel very disappointed. Are we customers of worse category?? Company who looks after their customers will never let them down. I can see that's lack of compatibility with the newest Huawei phones is a problem not from yesterday. It's already in months. 

So long and their can't find a solution??

Seriously?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So disappointed that my new Flex 2 won't sync with P9 Lite. The suggestion to sync with a computer is ridiculous. I want access to the info quickly not waiting until I'm at my computer. Unacceptable that this has been a known problem for over a year.

Best Answer

This worked for me. I had to upgrade the firmware first to the latest. This meant (for me) installing and connecting to my Samsung device first and then connecting and upgrading the firmware.

Then I installed BToolkit from play store, let it find the Charge 2, switched to FitBit app and it all connected and ran a sync. Now, will have to monitor over a few days to see if it continues to work.

To me this simply shows FitBit have not care or even looked at the connectivity issue and simply do not care. This is a gift for my mum, as the Garmin Viboactive HR I use and love is not feminine 🙂 SO it was frustrating for her not to have it connected and FitBit solving the issue with a response of change your phone is 100% draw dropping. Swap out a phone costing more than this tat of a device is arrogance from them ! But seems there is a resolution, and the fault simply lies in the detection logic of the fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanku FedUpUser99 I think this may have worked, will let u know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not solved.

Why is it marked as solved?

I repeat:

This issue is not resolved 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex 2 is not able to pair with Huawei P9 lite.

When will this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RJ1 @jpcafe When will this be fixed seems to be the million dollar question.  With Huawei P10 series now being out, it seems it is high time now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit when will we Huawei P9lite users be able to use the Fitbit with our phone? Because currently wjat you suggest is not working and this is not solved. It has been close to 18 months now since this initial issue.

Also as you suggeated I checked this is phone is running on Bluetooth v4.1 still it is not pairing. So how can this be solved. Today Huawei has released the P10 series thier latest version of the flagship. However you have not supported that or the previous series. However I notice that you are quick to update samsung and apple models. This is simply not fair.

For your reference juat last week, two of my friends with Huawei phones wanted to buy the fitbit and they decided against it because of the problems I face. So that itself is two lost customers.

Appreciate a straight answer as to why this is not supported, are you planning on making this a supported device, If yes When are you planning to do this.

#erritatedandconcernedp9lite&fitbitcharge2user

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bonjour! I am a P9lite user and yesterday I just succeeded to pair with my fitbit Charge 2 by following your suggested steps. However, it is difficult to sync my fitbit again today. I would like to ask if you encounter this problem - the difficulty to sync your fitbit to your p9 lite?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jpcafe, good to see again in the Fitbit Community. Its been a few days since you posted and I'm wondering how it goes? Were you able to pair your tracker using a different device?

The Huawei P9 lite is currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that our Android team has not yet fully tested it for compatibility and added it to the list, however it wont hurt to try these steps:

1 - Turn your tracker off and back on using these instructions:

• Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place. You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.
  • Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  • Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  • Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

2 - Try the setup process again. For more details use this post.

3 - If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).

4 - Try setting up your tracker again.

5 - If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto,

I don't want to pair with another device. I'm not buying another phone just because fitbit does not support one of the top 3 mobile sellers in the world.

I've tried those steps a million times. Me and the dozens of people complaining about this issue for the past 7 months.

We wanted to highlight the problem again and please: don't mark any answer as accepted solution.

Otherwise i will create a new thread.

When are we expecting to have P9 lite support?

Bare in mind your answer

"The Huawei P9 lite is currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that our Android team has not yet fully tested it for compatibility and added it to the list, ..."

is exactly the same your colleagues are giving us for the past 7 months or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't worry. Fitbit won't be around too much longer. Hoping someone with brains buys them.

http://investorplace.com/2017/07/fit-stock-is-the-new-blackberry/#.WXkHKmeoupo

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I also have your tracker. I love it..  but my phone(Huawei p 9 lite)  is not synchronized, please update   😞 I am waiting for the new compatibility list. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is very frustrating that the synchronisation-issue still isn't solved. Personally I think the main problem is incompatibility in bluetooth. Doesn't Fitbit have any engineers available to look at the bluetooth communication between the Charge 2 and Huawei P9 lite? Maybe send an email to Huawei to see if their engineers can help.....???

Yes, I've managed to establish a connection between my Charge 2 and P9 Lite. Unfortunately it's not a stable connection, I'm very happy when it works. Thank god I have more devices, which all sync flawlessly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry but I don't think this is a technical issue rather than a business one. Clearly there is some money that needs to change hands between Huawei and fitbit or vice versa before this issue will be solved.

I for one will not be renewing my membership of the Fitbit community when this device shuffles off this mortal coil. There are plenty of other makes out there.

Thank you and goodbye.

Phil Broughton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any information regarding future support for Huawei Honor 8 Lite?

I've purchased a Charge 2. BIG disappointment when it turned out that it cant sync with my Huawei Honor 8 Lite. Future plans for supported devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes