Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565
Which device do you have?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have recently bought the Huawei P9 lite and have the same problem synchronizing with a newly purchased Fitbit Charge 2 (16 March 2017)  as all the other people in this thread. Strangely is synchronizes perfectly with my old Surge (whose watch body is beginning to crumble after 2 years).

I had approached the Fitbit help desk and received a very encouraging reply stating that the Fitbit team was actively working on the problem with their Android app. Well I was encouraged until I read this thread and found out that the problem was over 6 months old and the Fitbit team regard the issue as solved.

It appears the Fitbit has dropped the ball on this one. 6 months in new technology terms is huge. It appears that there is no intention of fixing this problem and I now severely regret replacing my Surge with another Fitbit product.

Something really seems to have gone wrong with the Fitbit team, they used to be cutting edge in the field of fitness trackers but no longer seem to care about their customers. If I could I would return the product tomorrow and fork out he extra money on a Garmin Fenix 3 HR.

Moderator edit: removed inappropriate language

Best Answer

Somthing new about Huawei P9 Lite Compatibility in this new release ?

Best Answer

It hasn't made any difference to me, I still can't pair my phone. We need a firmware update. I've asked Fitbit how many Android phones were added to the compatible devices list in the last sixth months. The answer was "we don't have that information!" I'm translating that as zero! Totally losing patience.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

After buying the Fitbit Charge 2, I realized, a little too late, that my phone is not compatible with it. How is this not compatible? It's a well known and used phone, and many people have this! I have seen many post, all the way back to Oct. 2016, asking when this problem will be fixed. 6 months later, and nothing. I can't even try this on my computer either, because I never updated to windows 10 and the charge 2 doesn't come with a dongle. Thanks...I'm returning this and getting the Garim, which is compatible with all phones. Just know you're loosing customers over this.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity, format & word choice

Best Answer

Same with most of phone models. 

Just went thru Supported Devices and only currently in shops available phone models are couple Samsungs, both costs over 500eur.

I suggest you to return fitbit and maybe there are other similar or better trackers.. Mi Band 2 maybe.. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & word choice

Best Answer

@Paula88 thanks for stopping by! I definitely understand where you're coming from. I mean it's a well known mobile device by now. That's the reason why our devs and engineers are always testing to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. Check it out here! In the meantime, you could use a different mobile device or a computer to sync your info!

@PKI thanks for your input! Our engineers are always testing new phones to add to the list of compatible devices. Keep an eye to it here! Just like I suggested above, you could use a different device or computer to keep track of your stats! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your patience about this matter guys! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

@MariamV

Please tell me more about how you are always testing new devices to add to the compatible list, when was it last updated? 

It hasn't changed in the month I've been tracking it.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer

@MariamFitbit that device list is old.. so old that there are only 2 phone models currently in market.

That list looks dead to me, because it is not updating.

You suggest I should use other device.. yes, I have ordered Mi Band 2 for that.

You suggest I should check device list.. how often and how long?

I'm asking for adding Honor 7 lite / Honor 5c to supported devices list,  phone IS been on markets over 1 year and STILL NOT in list so there has been enough time to test it.

I will keep my Fitbits only if I get confirmation that Honor 7 lite will be in supported devices AND exact time when?

Nobody will buy device and wait for year or months to use it.. well, maybe in kickstart projects but Fitbit is not kickstart project.

Summarum:

Publish timetable and list of soon supported phones or just fade away from markets.. your choice.

Best Answer

I sorry to hear about the P9  that a modern phone is not compatible. I am lucky, i have a Sony z5 which isn't listed but works well. At least everything I use. I don't use the tracker for recieving messages, so I don't know if that works. 

I agree that the List of phones is not up to date. The z3 is mentioned and the z5 not. I believe you should look for a phone that has the right version of Android and Bluetooth. And Check the forum to see if people use it or have problems with it. 

Best Answer

I'm not going to buy a completely new phone for a Fitbit. It's their loss, not mine. 

Best Answer

I understand. Good luck with your new tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that there could be problems with old Android and old bluetooth, but hey.. Honor 7 lite has Android 6 currently, it will be updated to Android 7 this year.

This Huawei 7 lite has also bluetooth 4.1 so in technically it has all needed requirements, as far Fitbit has informed requirements.

So it lucky choice to buy new phone, odds to find randomly working model is very poor.

I think Fitbit should offer some facts about working phone models and requirements (not just link to old 'Supported Devices' list), it is not customers job to do RD by testing every phone from market and report it to Fitbit.

Best Answer

Any idea when Charge 2 will be compatible with Huawei P 9 lite?

I'm STILL waiting....half a year now!!!

Best Answer

Hi - the problem with Huawei P9 Lite compatibility is obviously a never ending story. The problem hasn´t been solved within nearly one year - so for what should we wait? Scrapping Fitbit and buying Garmin is the only thing which makes sense! Tearly but true.

Best Answer

Hi Pietwetsonst.  It's a complete joke isn't it. They tell me my phone has everything necessary to work but they just haven't tested it yet. After more than a year, why not? I don't think Fitbit care at all about customers once they have our money. At some point this will catch up with them and they'll be in trouble.... Meanwhile another customer gets a refund from John Lewis and heads to Garmin sadly because their trackers don't look as good but hey they work!

Best Answer

I went the other way. Considering the cost and size of the Garmin Fenix 3 (the only Garmin I would consider) and my present financial stage and work environment (I work underground on a mine and require a tracker as small as possible), I had to go for a cheaper option.

I bought a Sony Xa (the Huawei P9lite also does not support ANT+). But I have not forgiven Fitbit for there cavalier attitude to their customers and their total lack of honesty. To claim they are working on this problem is a joke, to claim it is solved is ridiculous and insulting to their customers. If they had said "we do not and will never support Bluetooth connectivity to the Huawei P9 lite" it would have angered me, but at least it would have been honest. It is also not the phone that has introduced any new technology as the Surge is 100% compatible from the outset.

I feel Fitbit is now been run by accountants and lawyers and not the innovative technologists that made the brand popular.

I will not forget this. It is unlikely that I will consider FitBit when replacing the Charge 2. Not unless there is a major change in their attitude to their customers; and I have only used Fitbit lifestyle trackers since they where launched.

Can someone get it through to the person on this thread that this problem is solved is false (unless it's considered an "Alternative fact"). In the real world:

not solved

Best Answer

It's a complete joke isn't it. They tell me my phone has everything necessary to work but they just haven't tested it yet. After more than a year why not? I don't think Fitbit care at all about customers once they have our money. At some point this will catch up with them and they'll be in trouble.... Meanwhile another customer gets a refund from John Lewis and heads to garmin sadly because their trackers don't look as good but hey they work!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner haha (sortof) regarding "alternative fact" that this is solved 😠

That about sums it up...

Best Answer

Would ot not make sense to list the phones that do not work I bought watch today but now womt.work.with phone its an absolute waste of my time and money

Best Answer