Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

I have problems to sync my Fitbit Charge 2 with my Huawei P9 lite. Any ideas?

Best Answer
Hi I also had this problem fit doesn't work with Huawei p9 I ended up having to.load it on to laptop and sync with WiFi dongle. Would love to know when they will get the Huawei on there list have known about this problem since June if you look back at other people question .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Lilly_Noo and welcome to the Community @DrFranklin01 @SunsetRunner! 

I was checking the list of compatible devices and is not listed yet, as I mentioned in my previous post I recommend to keep an eye on that list since we don't have an estimated timeframe of when is going to be compatible with the Fitbit App. 

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi guys just so you know you can sync the Huawei p9 lite as I've just done it after 3 hours of research and trying stuff out. First I synced my fit it to my computer using the dongle to a USB port and also connecting the actual fitbit via a usb port. This didn't initially work so I reset the fitbit whilst plugged into computer by pressing the little black button on the USB connection part 3 times and holding for a second each time. Once the fitbit logo came on the forgot screen I tapped it. Then the PC was able to connect my fitbit. Once connected on the PC, it then easily connected to my Huawei p9 lite! So excited. It was complicated but glad I persevered. Glad luck all.
Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner, that's great news. Although is your Alta truly syncing with your phone or are you seeing the data from it on your phone that came through syncing with the PC?

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community! For what I can see, you sync your Alta first with your PC and then you checked your stats on the app, 'cause that is what happens after you sync with a compatible device, then the data just updates, as @PeterMJ also mentioned. So I would like you to make sure to sync just with your Huawei P9 Lite and let me know. I'm gonna try to sync with my phone as well. It'll be great if this phone was already added as a compatible device. So please, share the results! Smiley Wink

Keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

I've seen various threads around this topic and would like to get a better sense of what is happening.

As a first step, can everyone who is still having the issue confirm that they've followed the setup instructions

Please reply back with confirmation, and whether you're able to receive notifications. 

Thanks,

Zhu

ZHU | 社区版主

喜爱愈加,游泳,和讨论Fitbit。
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Nothing has changed on P8.
Music player works.
Synchronized via the app works.
Notification,GPS doesn't work.
When I try to connect manually. I would always get notifications that BLAZE refuse .
Best Answer

Yes after all steps done 150 times the problem remains. Customer service has informed me there is a bug, but didn't say if they plan to solve it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is a clear consumer misleading information.
Huawei P8 is listed on compatible devices.
FitBit doesn't take the issue seriously. We should make a complain to consumer rights association.
Best Answer

Hi @grzegorz@Ninocan,

Thanks for the responses and I'm sorry notifications are not functioning. I understand the frustration and I would like to see how I can help. 

As a first step, could you provide more information about your phones and usage?

Here are the questions:

1. What is the model of your phone?
  2. What OS version are you currently running?
  3. What OS version were you on when you first started using Fitbit? (If you remember).
  4. Are there any error messages that appear when you attempt to setup notifications?
  5. Can you confirm that the Fitbit app has permissions to access notifications?
  6. Do you have Do Not Disturb settings enabled?
  7. What app are you using for Text?
  8. What app are you using for Calls?
  9. What app are you using for Calendar?

Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you both!

ZHU | 社区版主

喜爱愈加,游泳,和讨论Fitbit。
Best Answer
0 Votes

See, I have replied all this questions several times during my contacts
with customer service, I am bit sick of repeating myself hear. I have just
got this email from customer service (see below). They basically tell me
there is no solution...All the answer to the questions you asked are
already known by fitbit...

Hi Marcelino,

We apologize for the delayed response and appreciate your patience.

Several Android users reported missing or delayed notifications, and a
recent app update resolved many of these issues. However, some devices are
still unable to pass notifications to Fitbit trackers.

At this time, notifications won't work with your specific device, but we
continue to look for ways to improve device compatibility, and appreciate
your patience with the troubleshooting process.

If there are any updates, we will be in touch, otherwise we would recommend
keeping an eye out for Android app updates in the future that may be able
to resolve this issue for you.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer

@nincon - let me send you a PM.

ZHU | 社区版主

喜爱愈加,游泳,和讨论Fitbit。
Best Answer
0 Votes
Everything done step by step. Nothing happens. Each time it would say pairing rejected by BLAZE.
Best Answer

@grzegorz I will send you a PM. Thanks!

ZHU | 社区版主

喜爱愈加,游泳,和讨论Fitbit。
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have P9 lite and it failed to connect to the Fibit Charge 2 or Withings Go. The issue seems to be witht the changes to bluetooth service in Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) whereby location services need to be enable for bluetooth scanning to work: 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33045581/location-needs-to-be-enabled-for-bluetooth-low-energy-sc...

Even with this, it will still not connect and looking in the location services at apps that have recently accessed location, FitBit is not listed even though permissions have been granted. I suspect that at some level Android has locked something down that is preventing the app from running as it should but unlike Windows, I don't think there is a way to run it in elevated privelleges. 

I must have spent the best part of two days getting multiple fitness trackers to work without sucess. I think there needs to be more collaboration between the app developers and Google as Android N is out and I don't think things will have changed in this build.

Best Answer
Well I have returned my Fitbit as it won't sync with my phone huawei p9 and I have no idea when you will be setting it as a compatible device, and it's far to inconvenient to have to sync with my laptop which I don't use on a daily basis.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner! I totally understand your patience and the hard time that this might caused you. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, Fitbit is always trying to improve their products and services. 

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using it for 6months now but I agree it's way too inconvenient to Sync with my laptop which i don't use daily. I'm stuck with a fitbit alta that cost me way too much for the use and all the inconvenients encountered. I'm actually resigned since i can't even return my alta.. although whenever somebody asks for my advise, i explain everything and discourage them. I understand why fitbit valorise better the development of the appli for iPhone because there is so far a bigger demand but with this kind of behavior fitbit actually push people to go buy an iPhone. And its a circle. And it's a huge shame and disapointment. I m seriously starting to get sick of this.

Best Answer
I'm sorry you're stuck with your Fitbit, and I agree that it seams they want iOS users . Six months is really an unexceptable time to wait with no actual time scale even in the near future . I will make sure I review it and let as many people know about their tardiness.
Best Answer