Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Sync issues - the truth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Once more,

i see FitBit forum operators hiding behind their  "device compatibility list"

The story so far:

I've got 2 phones with me.

An old Samsung S3, capable of syncing via bluetooth with my Charge 2

A shiny, brand new Mate 10 Lite from Huawei, who PAIRS with EVERY device BUT my FitBit Charge 2.

Before, I had a Honor 7 (still from Huawei) and i did had severe sync issues. 

I had Honor when i bought myself the Fitbit device. I clearly remember i was UNABLE to download the firmware for the first usage. Luckily, i had an old samsung tablet. It served me well to push that firmware inside the Charge 2 and start using it.

With Honor 7, the sync wasn't perfect. The app synced 1/3 of the times and of course there were no other features working (like sms, incoming calls, notifications... )

Now the Huwaei Mate 10 Lite. No bluetooth pairing. This phone does not see the device. It simply do not get listed in, therefore no pair, no sync. no nothing, John Snow.

Of course the Mate 10 Lite DO SEE other devices, so i'm pretty sure the bluetooth is working. In every device i have.

Huwaei has a HUGE market slice in mobile appliances, they sell cell phone to the masses, and still, there are severe sync issues with those phones and our fitbit (a Charge 2 in my case)

Seriously, this is SICK for me, but even more for you. You are unable to sell a working device to at least 20% ppl having a so-called """""""""non-supported device""""""" (with a standard bluetooth stack behind!!)

I gave you my trust and therefore my money, i buyed myself a Charge 2. Now I deserve some tech explanations.

I want to know if there are any hopes or not. Is that simple?

Can this community know the state of works/investigations about this issue?

Thanks.

Dave.

Best Answer
122 REPLIES 122

I have the same problem and the same phone. It’s very frustrating. When I got the phone, it never even crossed my mind that it wouldn’t work with my Fitbit Charge 2. 

Best Answer

Thats because in this world nowdays 90% of commercial bluetooth devices have no problems pairing each other.

I do not pretend for all the features to work properly, but this is "tier 2" issue.. 

On latest Huawei Phone, Fitbit does not even appear on the found devices list!!!

Even my 2,59€ Amazon Bluetooth Car Audio works flawlessy with my Huawei.

Best Answer

Totally onboard with Dave on this one. I find it flabbergasting that there even is such an issue, and with a brand new well known phone modell too.

I've been searching the internet all week for various solutions, since both my sister and my mother bought a Mate 10 Lite recently, and they both have charge 2s, and can't pair them as the phone won't even find the device or vice versa (as Dave mentions).

This is such a letdown

Best Answer

I mean... Huawei recently surpassed Apple in market share. It doesn't take a Genius to understand whether it's a good or bad idea not supporting its devices...

Best Answer

@luca85 it may be more than just whether it's a good or bad idea. We don't know whether it's technically possible or not (it maybe a hardware incompatibility), whether changes need to be made by fitbit or huawei, or - if it is a matter of choice - then whether it's fitbit or huawei making that choice.

Yes, it would be great for us users to have all phones work - and I suspect that it would great for fitbit too - but I, for one, don't know why they don't. I just wish fitbit would be more open on the reasons.

Best Answer

I have a Motorala 5G,I think. It has not synced since last night. I had some issues with getting it to sync boy yesterday it seemed to be syncing just give. I've tried all the trouble shooting tips. Not what? I can't just go and get a new phone!

jg

Best Answer
It is very disappointing and I just assumed when I got the phone, that it
would work the same as my old one did. It’s ironic that it works on an
iPhone, bearing in mind that it’s competition to the Apple Watch.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

This is so weird.

How is it that in March of 2018 the FitBit is STILL not compatible with most Huawei phones? Even the latest, newest ones. How is that possible? They are some of the best selling phones out there. You want people to buy OLD phones now just to use the app and fitbit? There are other trackers that work with the newest phones.

Come on, tell us then the Huawei phones will be compatible. The P8, 9, 10, and the lite versions.

Update:

I'm also very very disappointed in Fitbit. I assumed my up to date device would work with the flex 2. It picks up by fitbit via bluetooth but it can't connect. I feel like the developers are lazy as hell!

Why would you even make the fitbit app compatible with my phone if it's not going to be able to connect with my phone? It makes no sense and honestly makes me not want to trust the company.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Same problem with a Huawei P Smart. I am not returning my Versa (and my wife's too). So Fitbit, you are losing out...

Update:

It is now June and still Fitbit had done absolutely nothing. Not even some sort of comms to the community to state of this is going to happen or not  

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

They have said this:

"Due to Bluetooth issues that prevent Huawei Lite models, including P8 and P9 Lite, from syncing with some devices, like Fitbit devices, our products are not compatible with these mobile phones."

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=p8

My reading of that is that it's out of their hands and we shouldn't expect a fix.

Best Answer
Thank you.
Best Answer

I also wrote a post regarding Huawei sync compatibility.  I had/have a Huawei Honor 9 Lite and the sync was non-existent.  It just didn't work.

In the end I went and purchased a cheap Sony Xperia as well and will use the Huawei as a backup if I ever need it.

The desire to have a fully working, syncing watch was greater than the desire to wait for Fitbit to solve the problem.

Matt | UK
A happy Ionic user (formerly Garmin Vivoactiv) and access to a hit-and-miss Versa
Best Answer

Hi there everyone and thank you for your comments regarding the compatibility of the Huawei phones. With some models our team has found difficulties to community data from the Fitbit tracker due to bluetooth issues just like @SteveH mentioned before.

Note that as moderators, we do not have to much details on this matter, sine compatible devices are listed without previous notice.

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices.

See you later and If I got more details on this topic, I will keep you posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Fitbit Charge 2 that bit the dust last week. It was previously paired with a Honor 8 and occasionally had syncing issues. Those issues increased when I upgraded to a Huawei Mate 10 Pro. When the Charge 2 stopped working, I bought a Fitbit Versa. It has not been able to stay connected to my Mate 10 Pro for more than a few hours. I'm returning the Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Months are passing.... still no solution.

gg fitbit, losing customers for your deficiency.

Up this. Let everyone know.

Best Answer

@c3kkos if you're referring to the "lite" phones then see my earlier post. Doesn't seem to be much fitbit can do about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Huawei P10 Lite. I've found that if I have my bluetooth, NFC, and location on with a strong wifi connection my app syncs with my fitbit flex 2. It takes a while but it always works eventually. I only sync every 4 days or so just because it takes a while. I have to constantly refresh. I know it could be better and it would be amazing if it was more reliable and consistent but I'll take it for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you clarify this @SteveH? We don't have any clue about what's wrong with Huawei's lite phone. They are extremely popular and common and they pair with all other bluetooth devices on the market. Fitbit just said: "issues are present with these 2 phones". without providing any detail about what's the actual issue.

Best Answer

It's shocking how my Huawei P Smart is able to sync with every other Bluetooth device out there. Only with the Versa there seems to be an issue! 

Best Answer