Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not restarting after factory reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit people I need urgent assistance!

My Ionic was not syncing and I reviewed all FAQs and support forum advice resulting in the need to perform factory reset. Ionic is now stuck with Fitbit icon blinking on screen. Please Fitbit can you respond to this. I'm using Android version of App. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
No, contacted customer support and after much time spent following do this, do that instructions they decided it needed to be replaced. To be fair the customer service level could not be faulted and the new Fitbit was sent with next day delivery.

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

I've never done a factory reset on my ionic (the normal advice for problems is to restart rather than factory reset) so I'm not sure what you'd expect to see after doing one. Since the reset have you tried setting up your tracker again? It will need you to add it to your account, reset up your apps, clockface etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me how you did a factory reset? My Samsung is not detecting my Ionic so that I can pair it and I can't figure out how to go back and start from scratch. Thanks!

wrote:

Fitbit people I need urgent assistance!

My Ionic was not syncing and I reviewed all FAQs and support forum advice resulting in the need to perform factory reset. Ionic is now stuck with Fitbit icon blinking on screen. Please Fitbit can you respond to this. I'm using Android version of App. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you restart?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Debi1973 the restart instructions for the ionic are:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Blaze or Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

He can’t set it up if it’s not restarting?

Best Answer

A factory reset and a restart are two different things.  The factory reset should return it to the "out of the box" setup stage.  A restart is like a reboot of the computer.  

For a factory reset, you have to go into the settings on your ionic and go to about... then factory restart.  But beware.. It takes a long time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just done a factory reset on my ionic as well and now get error messages when I try to set it up both on iPhone and desktop app.  Did you find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, contact Fitbit support. They will walk you through a resolution. Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything from faq at least a hundred times. (Feels like it) I haven't been able to sync for a few now after an update. I decided to try factory reset. The message that is stuck on my screen: data not cleared Sync & and try again. Omg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get this problem solved?? i have the same problem and are close to giving up, tried everything?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, contacted customer support and after much time spent following do this, do that instructions they decided it needed to be replaced. To be fair the customer service level could not be faulted and the new Fitbit was sent with next day delivery.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the customer service number?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ionicuser1  there are a number of call centres around the world. If you go to contact.fitbit.com you'll see the relevant details for where you are. 

Note that the phone contacts only show when the lines are staffed. If telephone support is not available then their web chat also works well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can not set up the ionic watch with my original account after factory reset, help would be appreciated 

regards sprunt35

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to create a new account. It did work after I created the account.
Best Answer
Many thanks, all now working

My ATU-L11. On O2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for your response, all working now👍

Best Answer
0 Votes