Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking with Fitbit app required for connectivity features

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I get rid of this permanent notification? My Charge 2 seems to be syncing fine, have  tried uninstalling the app, rebooting and reinstalling.

Galaxy A70 running Sep 19 patch.

Fitbit app v3.7

Screenshot_20191015-082350_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hello @Grant1, welcome to the Community Forums! 

I appreciate the details and the image that were shared in your post, thanks for troubleshooting this situation prior to posting too. Let me share with you that the Samsung Galaxy A70 is not listed as a compatible device with our products and services, therefore, you may experience certain connection difficulties with it.

However, if you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's causing the image to be shown.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a continual notification "Connected GPS is running" (see screenshot). When I open it, I get a page saying, "Linking with Fitbit app required..." (see other screenshot) that NEVER goes away...it just sits there with the little spinning circle until the phone screen times out. When I unlock the phone, the notification is there again!

If I open the Fitbit app, the notification goes away. As soon as I close the app, the notification comes back.

This is ridiculous! If it actually needs to link something, LINK IT ALREADY! If it's a false notification, how do I get rid of it?

I had a similar issue with my previous tracker, so this is not something new, and it's very frustrating.

"All-Day Sync" is on and working. The tracker is tracking my steps, heart rate, etc.

Android 10

Pixel 2 XL

Inspire HR 

Screenshot_20191018-082211.png 
Screenshot_20191018-082411.png

Best Answer

Hi @RicardoFitbit  I see, on occasion, the same image @Grant1  posted. Using Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 9 and it's on the list of compatible phones. I just click "ok" when it pops up and all is well. Not a huge problem that it pops up, just a minor annoyance.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@QPhysics327 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Fitbit app showing these messages. For the GPS message, try logging out from the app, restart your phone and log back. Also go to settings > apps > Fitbit and clear the app's cache data. Also make sure the app has all the necessary permissions. On the second screen just tap ok and the screen should disappear. If the app doesn't close the just tap the center icon to go back to your phone's screen.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sadly, neither of them worked.

I signed out of Fitbit app, restarted phone, logged back into the Fitbit app. After a couple minutes the notification was back.

I cleared the app cache and restarted the phone, and the notification is back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @Odyssey13, I'm happy to see you participating here!

Seems odd that you're experiencing the same situation even though you're using a compatible mobile device. After your tap on Okay the message disappear and your Fitbit connection is fine but you continue receiving it? Are you experiencing any connection difficulties, perhaps with notifications due to this? When was the first time you received the message? Please make sure that the Fitbit app is running the latest version.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit  version 3.7 for Android and a few odd things happening, but no more than others have reported on the forums. The linking popup usually occurs when it's been a while since I was able to sync. All day syncing is enabled, permissions given, but it doesn't always sync. I can't start challenges, but I can accept and even invite more people. My old Samsung S4 with Android 5.01 running the older version of the app, lets me invite people to challenges. I use the old phone to do what my current phone won't let me do. I have every belief that Fitbit will resolve this as soon as possible. While I have a workaround, not every member has another phone or a friend with a phone willing to share. I'm currently sharing my phone with a friend so she can join challenges. Her phone has the basics, it syncs and she sees steps and such, but no friends list on the older Android.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and have an S10.  The notification pops up, I click OK but it comes right back, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes immediately.  It appears that I'm on version 3.8 (October 19 release) of the Fitbit application.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started getting this same thing about a week ago.  I want it to go away!

Pixel 3

Android 10

Charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting this message on my phone:

Linking with Fitbit app required for Connectivity featured. In order to improve your fitbit experience, you will need to link your tracker and the fitbit application. 

I have restarted both watch, phone. Redone wifi, bluetooth, location. THis message happens . I have done factory reset on my watch. This is a "new" replacement watch and it took about 2 months for it to start acting up. Ugh. How do I make this stop? I tried keeping wifi off and only using my cell provider and keeping on wifi while at home. It still happens at home. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the same, few times per fay i am getting this message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the troubleshooting tried and the details mentioned. I've merged the posts here to keep it organized as you're having the same issue. 

I would like you to make sure that everyone has updated the app to the latest version which is 3.10.1 for Android. If you have a screenshot of the message, please attach it to your next reply. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Seeing the same issue for a while now - about to get rid of the FitBit watch, Pebble was way more reliable.

Fitbit app

Version 3.10.1

Updated: Nov 14, 2019

Samsung S9 - latest updates.

#getitworking

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again 

I also have the latest version on Fitbit app 3.10.1, Samsung galaxy s10, up to date. Here are the screenshots

Screenshot_20191123-141056_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20191122-235840_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

I have the exact same messages and screens with a Galaxy S9.  Everything up to date, I've tried all the suggestions listed here.  For the first two months, everything was perfect.  For the last week, I've been able to sync only rarely.

Best Answer

Hey all. I recently struggled with this issue, and it turned out to be a permissions issue.

Device: Fitbit Charge HR 3

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL

TL;DR: Ensure that the Fitbit app's Location permission is set to "Allow all the time" AND NOT "Allow only while using the app."

By default, if an app asks for permission to use my location I generally always allow but only when using the app. If any of you also have this habit, this may be what is disrupting your connection after you minimize the Fitbit app after clicking that "Okay" button for the 1000th time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found a way to fix it? My versa 2 has started doing this and it never did before. It's so annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just go into settings and hide the notification. It's a glitch in the app. You can swipe right on the notification go into the settings and hide the notification for sync services. 

Best Answer
0 Votes