Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun excerise not appearing in Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not the first time this has occurred. Go into track my exercise, app having got a GPS location I press start. At the end I press pause and then finish. The tracked exercise appears on my app but it doesn' t upload to my dashboard. Logged out logged in a number of times along with many syncing but still doesn't appear. All this running the battery of both phone and Fitbit! I know it may take time to upload but I did the exercise yesterday. Not happy!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

@Stevedeet At what time was the exercise started and completed on May 27th that isn't syncing over to your online Dashboard?

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, 
It started at 8.12am and lasted 1hr 46mins.
Regards

Sent from my Samsung device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi guys, I have the same issue. Mirth directed me here. I'm on a Nexus 5 and as mirth did I logged out and back in and the hike data was lost. Since then I've done another hike which isn't syncing and ironically is displaying the photo of the hike that's gone. It shows pace 0000 despite there being clear km times and the correct map when click on it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ErickFitbit, got another example for you from today: 

http://i.imgur.com/ciXDJIJ.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stevedeet @mirthdefect Thank you guys for the follow-up and also the screenshots! This is super useful information that I am passing along.

@skirmisher Can you provide me with the date of the MobileRun and also the distance and how long it lasted? If you have a screenshot of it on your phone as @mirthdefect shared above too, would be great! Thank you for the help!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20160601-231614.pngScreenshot_20160605-105313.pngScreenshot_20160605-105455.png

Okay, 1st picture is from 29th of May, it didnt upload online to dash so I logged in and out of app under advice and now its gone.

The 2nd and 3rd pictures are from June the 4th and show a hike which I did the following weekend and has not uploaded to the dash but is still on my phone(I have not logged in and out incase it vanishes). You can see that the 2nd photo carries the picture of the hike which I completed but did not upload to dash on the 29th of June, until I click on it (picture 3) and it shows the real route I took.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screenshots show how long they lasted.

4 hours 13 minutes 50 seconds on the 29th of MAy and 5 hours 33 minutes and 9 seconds on the 4th of June

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on the topic?

I got another not syncing activity... (hiking for 5h...)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Heard nothing:(
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit any movement on this? I see the iOS thread about what I gather is the same issue is getting quite heated - is this being actuvely investigated, and is there a roadmap for a solution?

At this stage I've more or less given up on using the fitbit app to track my hikes because it's just so hit and miss. 

Best Answer
I've been experiencing this exact behavior on my Nexus 6p. It seems like it won't sync the map of basically any run >7 miles. And in the activity list, it will show the screenshot of some other random run for that activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea that's it. Happened again for me. I'm going to start using endomondo
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ErickFitbit

Does the newly released app update address this at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Of course not. There's been no change for me, tho there has been like 5 updates since I saw this issue. I dont think fit it are bothered.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My exercise from 17 days a go uploaded today! This might be because of an
update occuring today or just random.
Best Answer
I'm having the same issue of the tracked exercise on the phones not syncing. I use a Samsung S3 and iPhone 5, and it's happening with both.
Best Answer
0 Votes

was this issue ever solved?

I'm experiencing the same problem with at least one activity each week. I'm using fitbit charge HR and the mobile run app on samsung galaxy express 3. It happened again today; I  tracked a run with GPS in the fitbit app, hit finish and it showed me my route map, then I touched the "back" arrow to return to the dashboard. After that, I have no record of the activity, even after syncing... I've tried re-installing the app, turning off "auto detected" activities, etc... any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer

Hi @pan723

To be honest, after this went unaddressed, two Fitbit devices swelled up and peeled, and the complete inability to do anything useful with the HR data, I've just given up on and have stopped using fitbit in favour of Runkeeper.

The only suggestion I have would be to try to keep your activities under an hour and a half (maybe stop, finish it and start a new one) - it's not ideal, but it's better than the prevailing advice (from a year ago when i was actually trying to get help with this) which was to manually log everything in the hopes that it'd somehow magically sort itself out eventually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a hike yesterday, and despite some issues with the Android app not saving my GPS, it still showed in the dashboard under exercises.  This morning, it's gone.   The calories and steps are still showing on the dashboard but the exercise is completely gone.  This isn't a great start. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pan723 In another topic a few of us have proved that if you use Pause and Continue you will lose your mapped data when you sync.

We have had success by just pausing and holding Finish at the end. Or, if it is a longer activity break it up into smaller finishable segments without pausing and continuing.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer