Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun excerise not appearing in Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not the first time this has occurred. Go into track my exercise, app having got a GPS location I press start. At the end I press pause and then finish. The tracked exercise appears on my app but it doesn' t upload to my dashboard. Logged out logged in a number of times along with many syncing but still doesn't appear. All this running the battery of both phone and Fitbit! I know it may take time to upload but I did the exercise yesterday. Not happy!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hi,

I successfully tracked an activity using the android app. I got time, a map and a distance on my phone - well done.

BUT: my phone doesn't sync this traning to the website... Is there a way to force the phone to sync the activity? There seems to be no way to get the GPX-track from the phone and no way to create a manual activity with a gpx-track 

Best Answer

I have the same issue - in fact, it took clearing the app cache for the map on the Android activity log screen to display the correct map rather than one from a week ago.

The app thinks I've only done 4 days of activity last week, but scrolling through the log on my phone I can clearly see 5 - is yours doing the same?

I've tried force stopping the app, clearing the cache and restarting my phone (in various combinations) and still the activity will not sync.

Best Answer

Hi @Stevedeet

Have moved this thread from the Flex to the Android section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went for a 19km/4hr walk, and while it appears in the exercise log on my phone, is not being synced to the dashboard.

On the app's exercise log, the time and distance are displayed correctly but the map is that of a hike done last weekend that experienced the same issue - it just completely failed to sync and I ended up force quitting the app, purging the cache and uninstalling/reinstalling it in an effort to force it to sync properly, but I gave up when it did not. When I click on tpdays activity, it correctly displays the map of the full route hiked, but the preview map is still of the walk from last weekend. The pace information is 0'00". 

I'm using an S7, but from what I can tell the issues with that are around syncing with the fitbit devices - if the app is gonna work on one android device for something like trackings/uploading GPS data, shouldn't it just work on all other (decently specced) androids? 

Any assistance would be appreciated - it's a bit of a drag going to the effort of making sure my phone has enough battery to last that long only for it to fail to sync properly, and the inability to export it as GPX/TCX and to load it in manually just compounds it.

Best Answer

I should add - the short walks I do at lunch (~30m) have not failed to sync, and I did todays activity as a walk rather than a hike to see if that was the issue but it appears not to have been.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steve

I'm getting the same thing - glad to know it's not just me. Was your activity a long one? My short ones (less than an hour) seem to be fine, but longer ones (3 hours plus) never seem to sync.

Does your app activity show the right GPS path?

Best Answer

Huh.. apparently my thread was merged with this one, and now it looks like I'm a crazy person. 

Whoever merged it - this may be the same issue here, although this one doesn't have any FitBit responses either: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Force-Android-App-to-sync-activity/m-p/1365629#M27716

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @mirthdefect @Tharos81 Smiley Wink! Are you guys using MobileRun? 

Note that a weak GPS signal may cause your route and other activity data to be inaccurate. The verification steps for these platforms vary widely depending on the specific mobile device. If you're unsure how to verify anything mentioned, consult the instructions provided by your device manufacturer. Note that due to a Microsoft driver issue, the Lumia 1020 does not support MobileRun.

1. Make sure your phone can track your activity when you're out of Wi-Fi range. This is usually achieved by making sure Cellular Data is turned on.
  2. Make sure GPS can continue tracking while your phone is locked.
  3. Make sure your phone can identify your location.This is usually achieved by enabling Location Services within your privacy settings.

Working with the GPS sensors in your phone, MobileRun calculates distance, elevation, and pace for your walk, run, or hike. When the activity is done and you sync your tracker, you'll find all the data and a GPS map of your route in your exercise history.

If you wear your tracker while using MobileRun, the steps, active minutes, and calories burned that you see on your Fitbit dashboard come from the tracker. Otherwise your phone is used to calculate this data. During the workout you can view your elapsed distance, time, and average pace as well as use the music controls in the Fitbit app.

After you finish your activity and sync your tracker, the activity is saved to your exercise history in the Fitbit app. To find details on your route map that might be hard to see on your phone's screen, look at the map on a computer instead. To do so, log into fitbit.com. At the top of the dashboard, click Log > Activities to see your activity log (known as your exercise history in the Fitbit apps). You can expand any workout to see more details.

Hope that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi @MarreFitbit

Thanks for that information, but a lot of it doesn't seem to apply directly to my issues. As part of attempting to get this activity to sync, I uninstalled the app, purged my cache and purged all app data then reinstalled, and at that time this particular activity disappeared.
I've since encountered the same issue with another activity I did on the 22nd, and have since made a new thread about it which got merged with an existing thread by someone who was experiencing the same issue.

My issue is not that the data isn't being tracked on my phone so much as it is simply not being uploaded to the dashboard (and also displaying the incorrect tiles and not being counted as an activity for that week). 

The walk in Sunday morning is the relevant activity. You can see that there is no pace information present, and that there are 4 activities (16th, 17th, Thu the 19th and Sun the 22nd) that took place in that week although the counter only shows 3. The map thumbnail shown for the walk on the 22nd is actually the map for the activity I originally posted in this thread about, but have since lost the data for as it never synced and was deleted once I uninstalled the app from my phone.

22nd - act 1.jpg22nd - act 2.jpg

On clicking the activity, the correct map appears and is zoomable as normal. The split pace information is also present (despite not appearing on the activity list preview), and so is the total distance in the recent tab.

22nd - map.jpg22nd - splits.png22nd - RECENT.png

You say to make sure that cellular data is turned on, which presents a bit of a pickle. The area in which I am walking has intermittent cell signal but generally OK GPS. Many other apps are able to record activity without cell signal and only require a data connection to upload the completed activity (rather than streaming the GPS co-ords live, which seems unnecessarily complicated). At the time I finished both activities where I've had this issue, I was either at home and connected to wifi or well within urban cell data range. 

I did a small test on my way in to work this morning and put my phone in Airplane mode and started an activity. In the two screenshots below, you'll see that when I finished the activity and was still in airplane mode, it was unable to sync and was displaying the incorrect map and without pace information as in my problem activities. Once I re-enabled cellular data and synced, this was updated to the correct map and pace data. I note that this activity was always counted as an activity for the week, even before syncing.

Today - airplane.jpgToday - Synced.jpg

From this, I tentatively conclude that the GPS is fine and the phone isn't having any difficulty getting location data. I'm inclined to think that FitBit is either trying to do something strange and unnecessary at some point within the activity with my data connection (maybe checking in hourly, as opposed to waiting for the activity to complete before uploading the data?), there is a bug somewhere or that the length of my activities is too much for the app to handle.

As I say in my initial post (now merged with the other thread, link above) I am using an S7 which is not technically a supported device, but as far as I can tell this only relates to syncing with the actual FitBit devices rather than the internal operation of the app itself. I also note that @Stevedeet, whose thread about the same issue was merged with mine, was posting from and presumably using the app on a Samsung S5 which is listed as a supported device for MobileRun.

Best Answer

It looks like iOS users are experiencing something very similar (although they seem to get an error alerting them that activities are not synced, which may useful to have in the Android app):

Run appears on my phone but not the dashboard

MobileRun GPS Activity not syncing with Dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit, anything further on this? It looks like the iOS threads on activities not syncing have been noted as a bug to be looked into by @DerrickS, but nothing is happening with this. Should I be contacting support directly to get it raised as an issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Encountered this again. Today was entirely within expected cell reception areas, so I don't even know what the deal is now. 

zULbaD1.png

Again, no pace data, incorrect map, and nothing on the dashboard for this activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

yes similar, 2 short ones today are fine, but the one yesterday not. Like you say the map shown on the exercise is that if an old one. Really annoying!

Regards
Steve
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stevedeet @Tharos81 @mirthdefect Thanks for reporting this! In order to have our team investigate this, can you please provide the following information:

1. When was the MobileRun recorded?
  2. How long was the MobileRun activity?
  3. What make and model phone were you using?
  4. What OS version is your mobile device on (Android 6.0, iOS 8, etc)?
  5. Does the MobileRun show on your phone but isn't syncing to the online Dashboard at fitbit.com?
  6. Is the MobileRun activity not showing on your phone either?

This will be super useful to look further into this. Thank you!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi @ErickFitbit

1) I've had this occur with activities on the 15th, 22nd and 29th of May.

2) The activity from the 15th is lost, but was about 4 hours. 22nd's activity was 4::23:14, and the 29th's was 2:13:58.

3) I'm using a Samsung S7 SM-G930F

4) Android 6.0.1

5) This is correct - it appears on my phone (as in the screenshots above) with an incorrect map and no pace information. Once I tap the activity, the correct map appears and my split information is available but the data on the list of activities never updates. 

The activities in question do not appear to be syncing to the dashboard at all.

6) The activity appears on my phone.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Run was on 27th May and was 21.59 miles long. Samsung S5 phone running 6.0.1. 
It has recorded on my phone but map on exercise summary is an old map. If you double click and open the run it is correct.
As stated run is not uploaded onto my dashboard.  
Regards 

Sent from my Samsung device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Welp.

Following a suggestion in the "Pace not showing for run" thread, I logged out and back in and have now lost all data for those activities. Cool. Don't do that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit

1) dunno - i deleted it on my phone..

2) round 2 hours

3) Cubot S500

4) Android 5.1q

5) same as @mirthdefect (map, data but no pace information) and not syncing to website

6) appears on phone - but not online

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mirthdefect @Stevedeet @Tharos81 Thank you for the follow-up! I greatly appreciate it! I'm forwarding your information to our product team who is investigating. When I hear an update from them, I will make sure to follow-up with you guys. Thanks again!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes