Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
512 REPLIES 512

I'm deeply disappointed with this decision and I bitterly regret getting a Blaze in the first place.

Best Answer

I could not find a way to set/delete alarms on the new dashboard.

I had to go to the old dashboard to be able to do this.

If the latest release eliminates the old dashboard option, then there will be no way to set/delete the alarms, unless you fix this in the new dashboard.

Best Answer

@Tcamuso, the app dashboard on my Android phone still has the capability to delete alarms - if I open the Silent Alarms screen, and tap on one of the alarms, it open the screen for that alarm which allows me to change the settings or delete the alarm, and then save the changes.

Alarms.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elena_Iv. wrote:

I'm deeply disappointed with this decision and I bitterly regret getting a Blaze in the first place.

Same. I despise the new dashboard. 

Awful decision. I had changed it back several times when it allowed it,which was a pain in the rear, but taking that away is just United Airlines - customer level service.

Awful.

Best Answer

@TcamusoTo add to @USAF-Larry post you can delete and add silent alarms on the new dashboard on your phone.  It took me awhile to find them but this image will help..

When you tap on the Blaze icon at the top of the new desktop you will see all of the Silent Alarm heading, tap that and you will see your Silent Alarms you have set, then just tap on the one you wish to alter. Or tap the + and you can add another alarm.

Silent Alarm.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

How do I get the old dashboard back? The layout of the new one is impossible for me to interpret at a glance. I am a VERY linear thinking and visualizing person and the non-linear layout is confusing and distressing to me. 

HELP!

Best Answer

@Galada Click on Dashboard icon, advanced settings, at the top is old Dashboard.  But in App v2. 48 to be released soon, will eliminate the old Dashboard.

I personally don't like the white background and I don't need a torch. I saw the black background od an Apple phone and that was more welcoming to the eyes..

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
I had tried the new dashboard in the past and returned to the old one. Now it won't let me go back. I  think and organize linearly, the new dashboard is very non-linear. It also won't let me change what data is at the top, so I have stuff in the top section I don't care about, and stuff I want to see at a glance is relegated to the bottom. I have found the instructions for setting up the dashboard, but even following the instructions the ability to rearrange things us extremely limited and therefore usekess to me.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer

I agree. This style is probably great for a visual person; however, I'm a spreadsheet type person. I just want to see the data...no pictures needed. This is exactly why I never used the online interface.

Best Answer

There is no "Silent Alarms Screen" on the new fitbit Android app.

If there is, I just don't know how to find it.

Best Answer

@Tcamuso Welcome.... Are the images I posted earlier any help?. If not how can we explain it further.?

@Tcamuso wrote:

There is no "Silent Alarms Screen" on the new fitbit Android app.

If there is, I just don't know how to find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tcamuso, it is a multi-step process.  Start by selecting the Account Screen:

Select the Account Screen icon to open the screen:Alarms-1.jpg

When the Account screen opens, select the device you want to set the alarms

for (Note: If you have only one device, this step may not be necessary). This

will open the Device Settings Screen.

Alarms-2.jpg

On the Device Settings Screen, scroll down until you see the Silent Alarms option.

Alarms-3.jpg

When the Silent Alarms link appears on the screen, select it to open the Silent Alarms

Screen.

Alarms-4.jpg

Best Answer

Thanks!

That works!

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry Thanks for the detailed post for @Tcamuso.

I have a couple of questions after looking at your Dashboard layout.

1. How do you remove the Guidance icon at the bottom of the Dashboard.

2. How did the account icon get to the top of your Dashboard and the message icon at the bottom

3. With a multifevice Dashboard can you still tap the device icon at the top of your Dashboard and go straight to the Device screen

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @Colinm39!

Questions 1 & 2: Those changes were made with the new version of the Android app,  version 2.47 I believe.

Question 3: No, if you tap on the device instead of the Account icon, it takes you to the Device page for the first device in the list of device. To select a device other than the first one in the list, I have to tap on the Account icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-LarryThanks again... I thought my reason for the tapping on the Device, in my case, worked because you have multiple devices. I will have to remember that when users ask the same question about Silent Reminders..

How have you placed the message icon on the bottom of your screen and the Account Icon at the top.?.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before making the new dashboard mandatory, have you fixed the issue where some tiles always show current days data when scrolling to past days? 

For example, water consumption, food diary, sleep, etc always showed data for the current day only. If I scrolled to past days, while steps updated to reflect steps for that day, data like water consumption, sleep, and food journal entries did not update to reflect data for that specific day, they always showed current days data only. 

Because of this I stopped using the new dashboard and reverted to the old dashboard which works perfectly. 

I'll try it again to see if this was ever fixed but if not then you will make the app completely worthless if you take the old dashboard away before fixing this problem. Especially for users that use all of the features of the app and ecosystem. 

Best Answer

Sleep does not update when u scroll to previous days 

Best Answer

Oh my days..I really do not like the new dashboard...I always convert back to old!..totally sick of my tracker not tracking either!

Best Answer