Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit App Update (new look)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Last night I received an update for the Fitbit App. It stated the Fitbit App has a new and sleek look. I then updated the app to find the new look does not look nice at all. The problem I have with the new look is that it does not have the dashboard it used to have. The activities are not seen at a glance -- as preivously. For example, it does not have a space where you can see your steps taken throughout the day. I should be able to see the steps I have taken (at a glance) when I am looking at my progress in the app. This is annoying. So if I have to rate the new Fitbit App update (new look) from a scale of 1 to 5....5 being the highest rating for the new application update...I would give it a zero... It looks horrible. Totally disgusted! I can't stand to look inside the application now that it has this "New Look". SMH! Totally disgusted!😕😟

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

I completely agree. I have just received the update. I have worked out how to move the daily stats at the bottom of the screen , but the new design seems to be a very poor use of the screen space. With the old design I could see all the information I wanted on the screen at once - now I need to scroll down.  The extra text and white space makes me think the redesign was by a verbal thinker, and does not really suit people like myself who are visual thinkers. I would also give the new look of the android app a zero score - I will be looking for alternative (non-fitbit) devices when my current fitbit wears out !

Best Answer

I hate that I'm being forced into having the 'new look' rather than being given a choice. Surely how the data is displayed on the 'phone app should be at the discretion of the user rather than all or nothing.
The 'new look' looks like it has been subject to 'design by committee' rather than any actual user testing - and also the victim of change for changes sake.
Fitbit have taken what was a very good, useful & informative app and cocked it up. Unfortunately I doubt that, whatever users may say, it will revert as it appears as if someone's pride is at stake - that and Fitbit can't bring themselves to acknowledge that they've made a mistake. Hubris.

Best Answer

@Mustrum, I have similar feelings about this change. I thought this dog's breakfast was the result of someone saying "Oh look, the updates are going to start with a 3 now, let's change the display as well."  Then someone else said "my relative has just done a design course and needs a job."

The result is some kids Summer project. 

Best Answer

I'd vote a hundred times on this one because I was thinking the exact same thoughts!!  The designer was an Art Institute dropout I'm thinking

Best Answer

Honestly I was thinking more along the lines of elementary school art... very uninspiring... I used to actually like checking in on the app to see where I was at for the day. Not so much anymore. 

Best Answer

FitBit Staff, please respond to these comments. 

As as for my humble comment, please free me from the new look, and allow me to use the old dashboard.  The deficiencies are not just the aesthetic, but it is lack of ease to use PLUS, it is not tracking correctly.  E.G., I just slept for over an hour, zero, zilch, nada. 

PLEASE, respond. Tell us, “jump in a lake” or “tough.”  Just don’t ignore us. 

Best Answer

But it's so much easier to ignore us...

Plus it is consistent with past behaviour 😒 

Best Answer

Can't agree more. I've been a Fitbit advocate ever since I started using it but now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and am looking at other tracking devices with a more usable interface. My suspicion is it has been designed this way to create more room for banners i.e. advertising product at the expense of the satisfaction of long standing customers. 

Best Answer

Things become a little clearer - get ready for "Fitbit Premium" - for which we will no doubt be charged if we want to use it.
Good reward for loyalty Fitbit...
😠

Best Answer

Yep - Fitbit "premium" is a subscription "service" charging at $9.99 per month (no doubt £9.99 in the UK) to give you "insights" (i.e. - the more you do the more your likely to sleep...).
One of the reasons I was willing to put up with the vagaries of Fitbit was that the app was so useful. Not any more - when my Versa dies (and it will) I don't believe I'll bother with giving my money to Fitbit for such a shoddy "service"
Press release here;
https://investor.fitbit.com/press/press-releases/press-release-details/2019/Fitbit-Launches-Fitbit-P...

Best Answer

@Mustrum, now we know why they are doing sweet fanny adams about the fact their updates are causing all the older models to fail to sync and the firmware update on the charge 2 seems to be actively damaging the trackers. This is why they are killing off the small private groups and why the challenges have disappeared. Will the notifications service become part of the paid for services? Will the rest of the world suddenly be able to use the barcode scanner as part of the paid services? Plus the subscription charge over two years (average normal fitbit lifespan?) effectively doubles the cost.

JHC on a bike, and we are expected to fall for this? I also notice that the discounts being offered can't be applied to the forthcoming versa 2. Caveat emptor. 

Now will someone get me an umbrella because, despite what fitbit says, I don't think that is rain.

Best Answer

But on the bright side - as reward for our loyalty to Fitbit - we can get to use "premium" free for a week. WooHoo.
After you with the umbrella @Lilbiddy - however a shovel might be more appropriate...

Best Answer

Be interesting to see what fitbit's responses are like when they are dealing with failures in services when people are paying fees for them.

Best Answer

Well LUCKY you!  Ho about sharing with the rest of us how exactly you figured out a wat to banish those idiotca data fields a the bottom of the screen.  Actually more like half my screen now.  I can't even read my progress on my phone in daylight and I have an oversize Samsung S9+.

I am a shareholder too.  No more.  Dumping that underperforming crap stock shortly.

Best Answer

I think you can work that one out...
Business as usual - ignore

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mustrum, @TallieP, see what they have done now.. After closing the pinned thread about the new format on the basis of everyone has got it so quit moaning. They seem to have filtered out any other random queries and put them all on the front page as individual items. Hence your thread pushed back out of immediate sight. 

Best Answer

This new Fitbit app look is horrible and depressing to look at - before the colors were brighter and uplifting to look at when checking my progress.  And I can find no way to return to the old dashboard look.  This seems to be just another downgrade in the quality of Fitbit.  

So... bye bye Fitbit - hello Apple Watch, here I come!

Best Answer

Yip, totally agree. Hate the layout and today got email saying fitbit battery low. I normally note this waiting on my sleep pattern loading. Not anymore. Battery status disappears after a few seconds. Whoopee doo. Great idea! 

Best Answer

I'm wondering about the sleep tracking myself.. it's says I'm only sleeping a couple of hours a night with huge blocks of time being "restless".. I mean.. I do feel tired and have trouble sleeping but I also take medication at night for sleep and there's no way it's this far "off"

Best Answer

Used to check emails 1st thing, now I check my sleep on Fitbit. Don't really believe that a wrist strap with a couple of lights on is going to be accurate but, like the weather forecast, I keep looking at it, hoping for a "good score". I even feel bad, waking up and finding fitbit is being charged from day before. Yip, just at that age!

Best Answer