Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications on my Huawei P20 Pro

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Just got my new phone Huawei P20 Pro. But I can't get my notifications anymore on my Fitbit Alta Hr. It always says by Fitbit app, restart your Phone. But that doesn't help! Also, if I want to see if my phone can sinc whit Fitbit, I can't find my phone in the list. (I think it's too new, with Android 8.1 Oreo) pls, can somebody help me? Thxxx anyway 😏

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Mine has working been well since they updated last. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the fitbit ap in the automatic notifications list so cannot do the last few steps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a P20 Lite and I have to "unpair" the connection and reboot my phone.  Then the ap syncs OK and will do for a few hours.  Then it stops and it's back to unpair and reboot!

I have to say this is a real pain and I encourage Fitbit to investigate and fix this problem.  The P20 is a common phone which has had a price reduction, so a lot of people will probably buy it.  Fitbit please take note and add this to your bug fix list.

Oh and by the way "HURRY UP" before you lose more loyal customer's.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Leave app open ager it syncs.. Only way to work around the issue.. Mine sycns fine now once app is left running in background

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found a workaround for this issue that keeps the fitbit sync service alive on huawei devices.

First of all do the two things that everyone recommends you do:

1. Ignore battery optimisations, set this to 'allowed' on the fitbit app.

2. In the battery settings, in app launch, make sure fitbit is set to manage manually, and the three ticks it presents you with are clicked

3. This is the most important part - on your homescreen place the fitbit goals widget anywhere. This makes the app stay alive in the background even when you close it

This solved the issue for me  

Best Answer

yes buddy ive tried this as well - i used the fitbit widget all the time and have done steps 1 and 2 and it still disconnects Thanks you for the info thou

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for this, I can now get WhatsApp notifications! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. It didn't work for me either. Then I added another step. Open the app. Press the square to on the bottom of the phone to open all the apps that are running in the background. On the top of the window for Fitbit there is on open lock symbol. Press on it so the lock closes. That will keep Fitbit permanently running in the background with a persistent notification symbol in your notifications bar. Once I did this my Fitbit started to get notifications. Sorry, I'm very bad at explaining things!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. As previously posted the only way I can get sync to work is to leave at open in the back round . That lock button does not keep app open.. It still closes when you clear all . Which is a fault with the software.. Thx for your update

Regards justin .. If you figure out anything else please post 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I keeps it open for me for some reason and prevents it from closing with a
clear all.
Best Answer
0 Votes
For some reason mine keeps closing
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't had a problem with mine for the last week or so it's been perfect.

My EML-L09. On O2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a previous long term fitbiy user although now using the vivoactive 3 with honor view 10. Since setting up with phone I have not been able to receive notifications on my vivoactive three. A little digging through numerous settings and I have found the following solution.

Goto settings --> apps & notifications --> apps --> settings (for me this is the cog at the bottom) --> special access --> notification access --> here you should find option to toggle on access for fitbit, for me this is the smart notification access for the garmin connect app

Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences on the matter.

In this case I'd recommend that you try following the steps listed in this help article. They should help if you are using the P20 Pro and that is a possibility that they can work if you are using a phone that is not part of the supported devices list.

When a phone is not on the list it means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone. As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. However the steps I shared above could work.

Additionally make sure that all of the permissions are on and that you have selected the apps to send notifications to your Fitbit.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Ridiculous answer.. And as for minimum requirements this phone surpasses
most on the market.. Just another way America is messing with Chinese
technologies...
Very disappointed in the way fitbit has treated this company since the p9
came out.. Last phone from Huawei that was supported was the p8..
Interesting fact its in or around the same time when America banned this
companies technology from any working in government or public sector...

When warranty is up on my device you'll never get another penny from me
again
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have to remove the ionic from my Bluetooth devices then reboot my phone
and then everything works fine until about 1800hrs each day. If I want to
sync after that > GOTO START and start this process all over again.

Clearly this is very annoying but I guess tech integration and compatibility
is the nemesis of modern electronic devices.
Best Answer
0 Votes

find sync fix for fitbit app in playstore, works perfect with my huawei p20 lite so getting notifications ,calls etc  , that may help 

Best Answer

Hello @themargot80.

Thanks for taking the time to share that information.

I'd like to mention that the app is not a Fitbit developed or sponsored app and thus we cannot guarantee its functionality or its safety so please be very careful if you do use that app or other similar apps.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem .Just got the Huawei p20 pro and I have a Fitbit charge 3. They are syncing together no problem but I'm not getting my calls or text messages on the Fitbit like I used to from my old phone. How do I fix this? What was your solution? Thanks .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me neither I've tried everything. They sent me a new pebble and it didnt work they now want to send me another new pebble. So frustrating mine worked fine with my last phone  but since I got the p20 no notifications . It must be a compatibly issue but its on the list of compatible phones  I don't know what they are going to do other than keep sending me new pebbles I think it's a waste of time I don't think they know the answer themselves 

Best Answer
0 Votes