Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just been informed by Fitbit support that the Nokia 6 running Android 7.1.1 is not compatible with the latest version of their Android app when I reported a bug to them. The previous version worked perfectly and gave me notification.

Regards

Infinidim

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

The Nokia 6 TA-1033 is now working perfectly under Android 7.1.2 November security patch.

Hope this helps 

Infinidim 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good news
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @infinidim, are you sure it works in general or just for your phone?

I'm losing hours trying to study the issue and it seems like for many phones what works for one user doesn't work for another for other users with identical phones and fitbits. For my phone model I just can't sync at all, like many Others. But a (small) number of users don't have a single issue.

I just can't wrap my head around this...

(BTW, I've analyzed every single model present on the compatible devices list and found out that only two 2016 smartphone models are supported and only one 2017 one, the S8. However, from what I read here, the S8 doesn't connect well at all)

Best Answer

@luca85 wrote:

Hey @infinidim, are you sure it works in general or just for your phone?

I'm losing hours trying to study the issue and it seems like for many phones what works for one user doesn't work for another for other users with identical phones and fitbits. For my phone model I just can't sync at all, like many Others. But a (small) number of users don't have a single issue.

I just can't wrap my head around this...

(BTW, I've analyzed every single model present on the compatible devices list and found out that only two 2016 smartphone models are supported and only one 2017 one, the S8. However, from what I read here, the S8 doesn't connect well at all)

All I can say is that it works with the phone that I mentioned previously - Nokia 6 TA-1033 under Android 7.1.2 November security patch. It also worked under September and October security patch to 7.1.1 as well.

Regards 

Infinidim 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still not sure whether you're saying it works on a specific phone or a specific model. i.e.: If I bought one Nokia 6 TA-1033 with Android 7.1.2 would it work for sure?

Best Answer

@luca85 wrote:

I'm still not sure whether you're saying it works on a specific phone or a specific model. i.e.: If I bought one Nokia 6 TA-1033 with Android 7.1.2 would it work for sure?

That is the version and phone that I am using and it works perfectly with my Charge 2.

Regards

Infinidim 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guys,

I purchased the Charge 2 today and it set up on my phone no problems. Call and SMS notifications working fine. Phone is Nokia 5, TA-1053 Android version 7.1.2 with November security patch. Fitbit updated to latest version.

Best Answer

@stockjg wrote:

Hi Guys,

I purchased the Charge 2 today and it set up on my phone no problems. Call and SMS notifications working fine. Phone is Nokia 5, TA-1053 Android version 7.1.2 with November security patch. Fitbit updated to latest version.

Glad to hear that. 

The only issue I have with Fitbit is that they only support Google Calendar. Like many other users of the Fitbit app via use Microsoft Outlook as my email and calendar app and Fitbit don't support this for notifications. I have raised a request for it's support but nothing has happened.

Regards 

Infinidim 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Infinidim, HNY!

I finally figured out what was wrong with my Nokia 6 + Fitbit app. The app was set to use SD card for storage. Once I changed it to internal memory it works like a charm. I started to have issues with some other apps as well and that made me suspect something was actually wrong with my device. All apps work well now after changing the storage settings. A bit embarrassing 😉 but I guess it has to do with my somewhat limited experience with Android devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for informing us Fitbit is not supported by nokia 7.1.1, the correspondence between myself and Nokia has been interesting. I've had both phone and Fitbit since Christmas, and as a self proclaimed Luddite the amount of times I have factory reset the phone has been phenomenal

Best Answer
0 Votes