Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667

Hi Casey, 

I have not received a reply from Fitbit yet.  

I will let you know when I hear from them

Peggy

Best Answer

Cindy,  I will give that a try and see what happens.  Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

running latest update on a samsung 10s and a charge 3. Call notifications work, email works occasionally, but no text messages at all. I've gone thru all the settings, all the troubleshooting and nothing. This is not a good result for a lot of fitbit users. 
a fix needs to happen and now before you lose people. theres got to be am update to fix these bugs

Best Answer

I too am having issues getting notifications to my Android Samsung  J3 Eclipse.  I used to get email notifications and now I don't.   I don't remember upgrading to the OS 10, but if an upgrade was available; I probably did.  How can I tell?  Will something on my Versa tell me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
if you go into your settings on your phone, go about phone, and software
information. It will tell you what Android Version you have.
I know on most phones the update it automatically.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone again with Fitbit customer service.  He stated that they have an update patch coming this week but he could not provide date.  He stated that it should fix the problem we are having with the text message notifications.  I informed him that if it is not fixed by next Monday, since he could not provide me with a date for this patch update, I will be calling back.  

I don't want to give up on my versa2 however if it's not fixed by next Monday I will be calling back and requesting a refund of my money since this does not provide all the services that advertise to do.  Fingers crossed. 

Best Answer

Experiencing no text notification. Occasionally call notification. Running latest Android on Samsung S10. 

Best Answer

I have been talking to Fitbit for weeks. There saying the same thing. The updates going out and some people are getting it to work. As for the people that aren't still working they have mo answer for. You will be waiting a while. Good luck

DawnMarie
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was getting text messages with no issues but since my Samsung S10 G5 upgraded to Android 10 OS on Jan 22.01.20 I am no longer receiving text messages. I can send a test call notification and receive emails fine but my text messages are what I really want the most so it's very annoying... I have gone through every suggested step several times to resolve the issue however it is still not working. 

I really hope this issue gets resolved asap please!

Best Answer
Now I'm not getting any notifications
DawnMarie
Best Answer

Thanks for the heads up.  If that is the true case then I will be moving on to something that does what it advertise it does.  

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue. Ever since I have updated the app I don't receive any notifications. None of the fixes work. SO INFURIATING !!!!

Best Answer

saying good bye to Fitbit I am so shocked that it's not fixes yet.

DawnMarie
Best Answer

Well I just got my answer to this dilemma from Fitbit that their product is not compatible with my Note 10 + and yet the list they supplied me with does not even list my device! I am very disappointed and am considering returning mine and moving on to something that does work. Am confused as to how a product can claim to be so great yet does not want to try and get theirs to work with mine, and how will this be for future new phones.

Here is the link for those of you interested https://www.fitbit.com/us/technology/compatible-devices

Best Answer

I think this will be my last fitbit and the company is saying nothing, wow

Have a blessed day. :sun_with_face:

Respectfully,
*NOVLET 

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
So now that is the case I am done with Fitbit. Thank for letting me know.
DawnMarie
Best Answer

Can you just provide and update and an estimated time frame of when this will be resolved. We have all spent a lot of money to get a Fitbit and stayed loyal, so it would only seem fair that you provide an update

Best Answer

I can't believe it's taking this long. 

DawnMarie
Best Answer
Yes I would hope this would be fixed soon,they keep telling me to reboot
uninstall well I have done all of this almost a dozen time! This need to be
fixed or they should give everyone a refund of some sort!
Best Answer

Just so you know, it doesn't matter if your device is compatible or not. I have an Android (Google Pixel 3) that was updated to Android OS 10 way back in September. If you look at that compatibility list, and what is supposed to work, it quite clearly states that "text notifications" will be displayed on  my device. Um, yeah. Nope. Not since my device updated to OS10. Fitbit has been unbelievably uncooperative. And it has almost nothing to do with your hardware and much more to do with the underlying OS.

Also for all of you saying to use the Google Messages app... yeah. Nice try. if you are using a Google phone, that's the default app. (I don't know what kinds of random apps a Samsung phone installs, but thankyouverymuch, if I'm using a Google device using an Android OS, I'm gonna keep it simple and use Google apps.)

Best Answer