Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667
I did the same and it works on my Versa

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I deleted the fitbit app and reinstalled it... I got messages for a day or two and now nothing again... This is ridiculous!!!

The same message about notifications not working and need to restart my phone but I try it and it makes no difference.

This needs sorting has been too long. I paid alot of money to buy my Versa 2 and can't even receive messages which was the reason I upgraded from my fitbit flex 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went to my google store and updated fi it bit then restarted my phone and watch.  Working so far. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
Mine is working fine again. I recieve all notifications.
Best Answer
Thank you again Fitbit for fixing the issue
DawnMarie
Best Answer

Not just users who've upgraded to Android 10, but most users in general! Yesterday my sync/notifications settings worked perfectly, today nothing works! Everyone has been complaining about this product. Please tell developers/KM TEAM to stop pushing beta versions of updates and or products that don't work! 

Best Answer
Look for the Fitbit update in Google play store. After you download the
update restart your phone. Also turn off your watch. After your phone is
back on again turn your watch back on. That should fix the problem.
Best Answer
Mine is working again finally!!
Best Answer
Good.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I have a Charge 3, Galaxy S10+ (Android).  I have uninstalled the Fitbit app from my phone and reinstalled with the latest updates.  I have restarted my Charge 3 (got the smiley face).  I have synced them. I have gone through all the Fitbit notifications, phone app settings, and read the different articles (yes, including the articles to confirm the phone settings are not the problem) and STILL my Samsung messaging notifications do not work.  Here's the issue...my Fitbit IS receiving the msg notification.  It vibrates and states, "New message now".  So if it is receiving the signal that a message is there, why won't it display the message?  I'm still holding out that the Fitbit team will figure this out and correct.  Really don't want to switch to a different message app.  Ok...ok...I'll try to be patient.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open your message app, click the 3 dots and select settings, from there
click notifications, click in app notifications, and make sure show message
preview is on.

Best Answer

Miss Cammi,

Yes, yes, and yes! Thank you! After working on this for 3 hrs this morning with no luck I received your reply...tried it...and now I see the entire txt message. I can not thank you enough for taking the time to be part of this forum. SUCCESS!!!

Best Answer
Happy to help.
Best Answer

You're more than welcome. Glad you're up and running now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Alta Fitbit using OS7.0. I can't synched it now.

What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not be able to sync or use the fitbit app for my mobile whie trying to pair my device

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you haven't already done this check for an update if you have one update
then restart your phone turn off your watch turn it back on again. If
you're having a problem syncing sometimes I have to shut my watch off
completely and then turn it back on again if I am problem syncing my phone
to my watch. If that doesn't work I remove the application from Fitbit
from my phone and then reinstall it again that usually helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
na it didnt work tried that but now my charge 3 wont even charge up and it got really hot so im getting a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the big update, notifications don't work and most nights don't register sleep correctly. The night is mostly broken up into 2 sections, on occasion 3. Sometimes I can stitch them together, but many times that's not possible. I already deleted and reinstalled the app after the update. Tracking sleep is the #2 reason I purchased this product. Please fix this program. I'm feeling like I was misled due to false advertising.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Huawei Pro 30 and I am having nothing but problems with my Fitbit Versa. Calls come through sporadically but text messages/WhatsApp/emails have completely stopped. I have done ALL the troubleshooting that can be done and still nothing. I don't think Fitbit have a resolution for this problem and are just fobbing us off. I will be looking into another watch that's more reliable and I certainly won't be recommending this watch to anyone.

Best Answer