Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667

I deleted the app, reinstalled, rebooted my Fitbit Charge 3, still no messages.  Out of the blue about an hour ago I got 3 messages and it has quit again.  Wish they would resolve this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is yours still working?  I got about 3 messages tonight out of the blue and then it stopped already.  I have the exact phone and Fitbit you have so I was curious.  I rebooted everything, reinstalled the fitbit app and checked my message settings on my phone too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using HuaWei mate 10 pro, have issue with loading notifications and friend requests inside the app on my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had any message notifications on my watch since January. Annoyingly I also have this red error message on the app saying that notification services are not working and to restart the phone. I'm wondering if trading standards (or similar) should be contacted. Fitbit need to start taking us seriously or face customer backlash- literally £200 down the drain! I want my money back!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 and I am having the same issue.

And my husband who has the ionic also has the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is working just fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm running android 10 and using a charge 2, I no longer receive notifications. My watch doesnt sync with the app properly and a lot of the time it cant find my watch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ibhave exactly the same issue as you and all since I did the update 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine all of the sudden decided it was going to work this morning.   Hate to even say it as it will probably quit again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is the status on the system for Android users with S10? 

Best Answer
i do not know
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update on this issue. I feel fitbit has constant issues lately and i am losing faith, considering changing brands.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am now using another fitness watch it's called the active 2 it's a galaxy watch. I wish Fitbit would go together with Samsung health so I didnt have to give up Fitbit. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note10+.
DawnMarie
Best Answer
0 Votes
They did an update you need to look for it.
After the update turn your watch off and restart your phone. Turn your
watch back on. This should fix the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried turning my phone off and restarting it, that hasnt worked. As far as I can tell I have the most up to date version

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the exact same scenario. I can get it to work sometimes but mostly it just doesnt. In order to get it to work I have to reset the phone and app and turn notification off on device and then back on. works once then quits.  Just started after upgrading my LGG8 phone to android 10 OS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no notifications after I update my phone to Android 10 which is 2 months ago now. If I force stop Fitbit app and restart my phone and my Fitbit I manage to get notification works for day or two (but sometimes only for a few hours). I hope that Fitbit resolves this issue fast!

Best Answer

I just updated our phones to Galaxy S10's. Updated to android 10 the other day. Gave notifications a try & mine are working with no issues. The only ones I want are phone calls & texts. No need for social media.

Best Answer

My Mate 20 Pro was upgraded to Android 10 (EMUI 10) last night and my Fitbit app was also updated. I now have no notifications coming through. I usually have WhatsApp defaulted. The app says 'Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker.' I have restarted both my phone and Versa 2 multiple times. I have cleared cache of the app and uninstalled and reinstalled. Still nothing. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, i keep losing notifications and it won't update data to the app from my fit it versa.  If i restart my phone, then after a couple tries to refresh it connects, but then goes back to the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes