Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667

It didn't work for me. I downloaded it and was disappointed it still didn't let me receive my texts on my versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am seriously thinking about returning my versa2. So dissatisfied!

Best Answer

Lucky you. I have tried Google message and Chomp....neither worked for me to receive text on my versa2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
ok ty

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated fitbit app via play store and texts are all working again

Best Answer

My messages started coming through this morning.  I have a Samsung galaxy Note 10+ & Versa 2.  Not sure what happened I didn't add any new message app or anything.  Just woke up and my texts started.

Best Answer
After reading all the messages of the texts working again, I made sure I had the updated fitbit etc.  Also switched  back to my old messaging app and it was working  I switched messaging apps for a while so that I would still get my messages
Best Answer

Thanks for taking in the consideration of the issue.

It's been quite a long time I lost the sole purpose of having the watch as we are unable to get any notifications , please escalate the issue and try to resolve at earliest.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please update the fitbit app and then sync and then uninstall app and then install again and login with same id and setup Fitbit app and then see the magic all things will work properly with notifications as well😉

Best Answer
I have the same problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't get a update but I got one text today but still not working all
the way. But I was excited when it worked
DawnMarie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working now. Everything juste like before the Android update. I have Huawei P30 Pro and Fitbit Versa 2. Hope yours will work to.

Best Answer

Hello! It's a pleasure for me to continue providing assistance with this notification issue that's affecting our Android 10 users. Sorry for the delay in responding.

First, I'd like to appreciate all the details that were shared on each of the posts that were shared on this thread, I understand how frustrating can be for you guys that the notifications feature is not working on your Fitbit devices, thanks for your effort and patience troubleshooting this matter and for providing different alternatives to resolve it.

For the ones that resolved this concern after installing the Google Messages app and configuring it as the default app for messages, can you please let me know which mobile devices are you using? We are investigating and gathering more information about this process. Also, I'm happy to see that the Fitbit app update that was recently released is resolving this issue for some of you guys, the app update roll-out was completed so please check your Google PlayStore to install the update and let me know if the issue persists.

For the ones that haven't already tried some troubleshooting steps, I suggest you guys to try the ones that are specified on our help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? and make sure that your phones are compatible with our products and services. Keep in mind that using a compatible device is a requirement to receive notifications. 

Just as per previously mentioned, we are aware of this issue, investigating, gathering more information and working to resolve it completely as soon as possible. We are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and for the input that was posted. 

Looking forward to your replies.

Best Answer

Pixel 3 xl on latest is patch level..still having issues on call notifications 

Test notification comes through but not the actual call notifications

Best Answer

Notifications are STILL not working. Have carried out all the troubleshooting but still nothing. This is nothing short of ridiculous. I have a Huawei P30 and using Versa...all worked fine until the android update. Its not working and expect an update ASAP to sort this. 

Best Answer

Hi, Ricardo

Google Pixel 3a, have done all troubleshooting suggestions and updated today through Google Play store, still no notifications.

Best Answer
i got a few text messages today so some are coming through now
Best Answer
I tried this using Samsung S10e and Inspire HR. It doesn't work
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have Versa and mine started working too. 

Best Answer