Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working from Samsung Galaxy S10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys, 

Recently upgraded to the S10. First of all it wouldn't pair to my Charge 3, but seems to have now. The app shows the current steps, etc. But text notifications won't come through to it. Can't see any reason why not.

Cheers.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Hi @ToyeS. Welcome to the Forums.

I'm glad that your Charge 3 was able to pair with your phone, and let me help you with the text messages notifications not working correctly. I've confirmed that your Samsung Galaxy S10 is a compatible device and just to confirm is the Fitbit app updated? Also, may I know the name of the messaging app that you're using for the notifications?

In the meantime, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Remove the Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby. This is just for this process.
  3. On your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Go back one screen, tap on force stop and reboot your phone.
  5. On your Charge 3, hold the left button and turn off/on the notifications.
  6. Open the Fitbit app, sync and set up the notifications one more time.

Let me know how everything goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've updated to s10 been really frustrating getting notifications to work. Check in your message settings that default messages are set to text/multimedia as the chat messages won't work. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Hi @Ang1. Welcome on board! I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for taking the time to share some tips to get the notifications working correctly. I'm sorry for the frustration experienced while troubleshooting this feature on your Samsung Galaxy S10 and I'm sure others will find your post very helpful when working on this. If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Samsung s10e and texts notifications stopped working a couple weeks ago. I've tried everything to get them back including what you just told the person above. Is there some sort of glitch going on? I've heard other people with samsung cant get their text notifications either. Please let me know, getting texts is the main reason I have this fitbit

Best Answer
Hi Kelli
I am trying to get my fitbit alta to send notifications to s10, was fine
until they updated the fitbit app have tried everything that's been advised
but no luck. Can get delivery reports when I send a message but no incoming
text notifications so annoyed thinking of getting a different make of
watch, fitbit has got a problem but doesn't seem to want to sort it, all
they do is give the same advice when they have been told that we've already
done these so called fixes. Sorry I can't be any help.
Best Answer

Same here. After latest Samsung S10 update a week or so ago... I'm not seeing any text. Everything else is working fine... just not getting text. Have tried everything... several time. Very frustrating. Let me know if you get yours to work. 

Best Answer
Ok will do, am in contact with fitbit customer services, they sent me a
load of instructions, all that I've done before so waiting to hear back
from them, I'm really p****d off with it at mo as I used this a lot. Will
defo get back to you if they come up with a solution or if you find
anything to rectify the problem please let me know
Best Answer

I use this feature a ton also. I'm missing getting text in a timely manner because of it.  I'm hoping they will find a fix soon. If I hear anything or if mine spontaneously starts to work I'll let you know. I'm sure your as frustrated as I am.

Best Answer

I'm so glad I stopped and read this thread even thought I have an Alta HR. Not only am I not getting my notifications I can't use it for a trusted device on my Smartlock. I had this problem another time and was so frustrated with customer service telling me to uninstall...reinstall...they don't have a clue. I'm start6to think it's a Samsung issue.

Best Answer

I have an s9plus. Thank u for your explanation...i have a versa 2....that i cant get my messages or calls on...i love this watch but want it to do what i need it too.  

Best Answer

I've had the same issue now for a couple of weeks.  Tomorrow is my birthday and my husband is buying me the Samsung Fit to replace this.  It's upsetting because Fitbit has basically said they don't know what's wrong after several conversations back and forth.  My fitbit is only 1 year old.  I loved it, but it was glitchy at times on notifications.  These are not cheap devices and I have higher expectations than this. 

Best Answer

Yes, I spoke to the customer service chat line and they said "there is a KNOWN ISSUE going on with Fitbit & newer Android post upgrading"... Not sure why they haven't notified customer & posted anywhere that they know & are trying to fix it as they have on top of the page for iPhone users?... It's very frustrating to have to manually sync every 10-15min. Before I wasn't getting any notification now (just text,calls, steps not working) BUT if someone text me from WhatsApp, FB messenger, Instagram or swipe my card those notification work fine...it's be 5-6 weeks now. Be nice if they fix the issue 🙂

Best Answer
I just got my Inspire HR and it's really bad that Android users are getting
screwed. In reading these posts, it's a known issue that they don't care
about fixing.

What's sad is my Mi Band 3 had no issues with reading text with Android 10.

Long Live all the mountains we moved
I had the time of my life
Fighting dragons with you

from Long Live by Taylor Swift

for Marge....
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've upgraded now to the Samsung gear fit2 pro.  It is working great. I gave my Fitbit to my dad who has an older phone and it's working fine for him. In all reality, it's working out for us as my dad needs to start getting more exercise, etc and this will definitely help motivate him. The Fitbit works great, just not with the S10- and it's a shame that they're not even recognizing that. They have a notice about it not working with iOS, but nothing about the s10, nor giving any kind of note that they are working on the issue. 

Best Answer

At last, my notifications have suddenly started working today so fingers crossed they have fixed it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad to hear that yours in finally working!! No such luck here. I did update my Fitbit app again... but didn't help. Maybe mine will spontaneously start working tomorrow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No mine is not pairing with phone.. wont update messages.  Going to return it to retailer Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that. Mine just all of sudden started working so hopefully
everyone else will.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly why I bought this fitbit is for messages. Right after Christmas,  fitbit sent an update and this is when I stopped receiving messages. New Fitbit update on Thursday. Still did not work. So disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes