Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutrients summary shows incorrect data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the most recent app update, the "Nutrients" summary is wildly wrong.  On the "Food" page under "Maconutrients," the app correctly totals the carbs, fat and protein based on the individual items I have entered.  When I click on the "Nutrients" link, the "Nutrients" don't match the carbs, fat and protein and are about 7-10 times higher than the accurate amount.  The internet dashboard accurately displays everything so it's clearly something in the app.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that didn't work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

Hi everyone, and thanks for keeping me posted.

I apologize for this experience, and thanks for your efforts while working on this matter. Our team is working hard to get this resolved and rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed. Because the Fitbit app version 3.60 has been released, please go to the Play Store, install the update and try using the Fitbit app as you normally do. If by any chance the issue persists, let me know so I can keep our team informed of this situation.

If you have a different question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. This will help us to keep the forums organized and prevent any confusion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see an update in the Play Store.  I have an Android.  I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app and it's still version 3.59.1 and it's still garbage.  This is simple math and the issue has been going on for almost a month.

Best Answer

I don't find an update in the Play Store either.  ::::sigh::::

Best Answer

The nutritients in the daily summary on the app seem to be at least 100 times off (larger).

Best Answer

It's been years, actually. They'll never fix this. I don't believe they actually have any developers. If they do, they're overseas sweatshop labor that can't actually do anything, but are priced attractively enough to scam out of touch executives.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today, after inputting my breakfast and lunch , My carbs were over 500 , which is completely inaccurate.  As usual, I un-installed the app and re-installed it, this usually fixes the problem for the day. I just went in now and it is showing a wild number again. I don't believe this was fixed with the latest update, as I re-installed the app this morning. It is extremely frustrating!

In addition,  my fitbit App that was re-installed this morning is still 3.59.1 and there is no update available for it. My adroid version is 12. In the message it says, android needs to be 10+ version.  Obviously this is incorrect and the appbis still not fixed.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

My guess is that the new version has not yet gone through the publication process and/or propagation through Google Play servers. I periodically check the FITBIT app "latest update" date or the version in the Play store.  (im)Patiently waiting for the process to go through it steps. 

Best Answer

Actually, I just found (after having to search to find where this info lives) that I am running Fitbit mobile app version 3.6.  .... and running Android V10.... so.... still we wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hmmm .. try to delete and reinstall app? or delete the data?.... so the food tables get rebuilt?  Just wondering.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done both. Usually, if I add a "common" food, it immediately goes crazy. If I delete it, it sometimes fixes itself. But sometimes I have to re-install the App (at least once a day or every other day...)

Best Answer

Still still not updated in the play store. both frustrating and disappointing,

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping me posted, and for working on this matter. I've escalated this to our team one more time so they can look into this and bring a solution to all our affected members. I'm sorry you're going through this experience and please know your feedback will be passed along to keep our team informed.

Your patience is appreciated and as soon as I have more information, I'll update this thread.

Best Answer

I am not clear on the re-engagement of the development team.  Per a prior post, Fitbit app version 3.60 has been released.

I am not seeing this version in my Play store.

Question: Is the original reported problem (nutrients are being displayed incorrectly) resolved in 3.60?

Question: Why isn't 3.60 showing up in the Play Store for Android?

EDIT

(source: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2025.htm)

Observations: Most updates occur within 4 weeks.  In some months multiple updates are performed back-to-back.

Also, notice that 3.59.1 (our current situation) is not listed as a Version release on the web page.

VERSION 3.58Released: April 19, 2022
VERSION 3.57Released: April 5, 2022
VERSION 3.56Released: March 22, 2022
VERSION 3.55.1Released: March 10, 2022
VERSION 3.55Released: March 2, 2022
VERSION 3.54Released: February 9, 2022
VERSION 3.53Released: January 26, 2022
VERSION 3.52Released: December 8, 2021

EDIT 28-Jun-22: I continue to check.  Not updated in Play store.  Above questions not addressed.

EDIT: new version released... 3.62.   I cleared my storage and cache.   THE PROBLEM STILL REMAINS FOR ME 

Best Answer
All good questions. Supposedly "theyre" working on it but NOT FIXED and
doubting ever will be. No, the Supposedly update is not in play store. They
can't even get that info such. 🙄
Best Answer

Still not resolved...😥

Today is the 22nd and I am having all similar problems to everyone and deleted the app from my android and then went on Google play and downloaded the updated version. Everything still persists and has me getting astronomical amounts of macro nutrients which are totally Not correct.  ARGHHHH.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, I have the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21+ and I have Fitbit Version 3.59.1. I do not have a camera icon on my toolbar to attach a screenshot, but my nutrient numbers are extremely inflated as well. For example, today, Fitbit says I've had 57 Carbs, which seems right, but it says 4035 when I click on Nutrients. And 14152 for Fat, 420970 for Sodium, 1111 for Dietary Fiber, 2538 for Sugar, and 12012 for Protein. It seems like it's keeping some kind of a running total? Howver, interestingly, Sunday's numbers (yesterday) are very close to being accurate. Carbs, Fat & Protein are 13, 18 & 9 grams over what they should be respectively, not crazy high numbers. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Interesting that you are on 3.6.  Wonder what Play store you access that has that version.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Any updates able to be provided from fitbit yet?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that an old version? I just looked it up and the version of Google play store that I'm using is 31.1.14-21.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes