Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutrients summary shows incorrect data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the most recent app update, the "Nutrients" summary is wildly wrong.  On the "Food" page under "Maconutrients," the app correctly totals the carbs, fat and protein based on the individual items I have entered.  When I click on the "Nutrients" link, the "Nutrients" don't match the carbs, fat and protein and are about 7-10 times higher than the accurate amount.  The internet dashboard accurately displays everything so it's clearly something in the app.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that didn't work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

What phone and Android version are you using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone: TCL10-5GUW
Android version: 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, Any updates on this issue? I have Samsung s22, same issue. 

Screenshot_20220629-081757_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

I too have the same issue. I use the Fitbit app to track my food. I am on a ketogenic diet for a health condition and use the app to ensure I'm keeping detailed information about my intakes. When I log food, the nutrients vs micronutrient data is inconsistent. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Nutrients are huge numbers, and now the app doesn't recognize when I've logged in food the last 2 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this issue for almost a month and reported it to Fitbit. They told me to send screenshots of the problem to them along with a reason why I think the nutrients information is incorrect. I took care of this asap, received no response (except for the request for the screenshots), and then I received a message saying my case was closed because they received no screenshots! 

After having a problem with syncing, I needed to uninstall and reinstall the app, I now have version 3.62, and the problem has still been unresolved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed that same version a few days ago but when I look on my watch it
still indicates the old version. It is very frustrating. I have to look at
each food entry and manually add fat, cholesterol etc in my head.

Just a few days ago that version was on playstore for me but my watch still indicates the previous version. Regardless it still didn't fix the problem with nutrients adding correctly or calories showing on dashboard,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kind of defeats the purpose of having the darn Fitbit, doesn't it?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on the latest update (v3.62) and STILL have this issue.

At this rate, I'm questioning whether it'll get fixed, and whether it's worth renewing my subscription. I'm not in the habit of paying for broken products.

Best Answer

Nutrients summary correct, nutrients detail still wrong, showing crazy huge numbers. 

Screenshot_20220703-084209_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20220703-084200_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having this issue as well. Apparently a 200g pasta pot provides 5000g of carbs and 2 carrots 25g of vit A (yes g not mg). 

Fitbit told me that it was my device that was to blame as it is vsn 8.1.0 (a few yrs old but it STILL works)

Fitbit clearly expect us to replace our devices with every update they make.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Charge 5 which I bought November 2021. Not old, the recent app update is the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details and screenshots provided. Also for your efforts while updating the Fitbit app. I understand your point of view about getting accurate details on the Fitbit app, and I apologize this hasn't be the case. As mentioned before, our team continues working to identify a resolution as soon as possible.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and while there isn't a time frame, we'll make sure to update this thread as soon as we have more details to share.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't believe you have a team. Open source your code and I'll fix it myself. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer

I have canceled my subscription renewal and I am bummed.  I've used Fitbit for over 10 years but this issue has really opened my eyes to the fact that Fitbit is just too far behind in the fitness watch tech space.  This issue should have been resolved quickly by any company who has software engineers on staff and yet here we are still waiting even though this thread shows resolved.  Ugh.  I will be giving my money to Apple or Samsung after August.  Anyone have suggestions on which one to switch to?

Best Answer

I agree.  This is getting ridiculous.  This is simple math.  It seems that one of three things must be true: (1) you have enough software engineers but they just don't care; (2) you have enough software engineers but there are so many problems with the app that they just can't keep up or (3) you don't have enough software engineers.  Any of these indicate a poorly run company.  Regardless of which is true, you've lost my business forever and I'll tell everyone I know to never buy a fitbit.  

Best Answer

I don't mean to be rude, but apparently I do need to be blunt.  This isn't a "point of view," as you say.  This is an observable problem that Fitbit has not corrected.  This problem affects our holistic experience with the app and device, as outlined in Fitbit's advertising and product descriptions.  We are not sharing our opinions, we are telling you, the providers of a product and service we paid for, that the product is objectively broken.  We have provided evidence to that effect.  We have heard multiple times over a period of months that this issue is being examined, at least a tacit indication that Fitbit has acknowledged awareness of this problem.

However, we have seen several app updates come and go without this issue being fixed.  We have received zero compensation for this issue, despite this being a continuing problem going back for some users at least 8 months (some users say it's been years).  We have received zero assurance that this problem will be corrected in a timely manner, other than vaguely saying you'll "look into it."  Despite repeated statements from moderators about keeping us updated, as far as I've seen, we have never received any additional information about this issue.

So, one last time.  Will this issue ever get fixed?  If so, when?  And what assurance do we have that it will be?  If you punt the answer, I, too, will seek another product, because frankly, I'll have to.  I've worked extremely hard the last 5 months to lose weight and get in better shape.  As we all know, this requires both physical activity AND nutritional tracking.  Until recently, Fitbit was a pivotal part of that solution for me and I have lost more than 20 pounds.  I'm proud of that, but I'm mostly proud of the work I've done, and I won't see this work derailed for the future.  Believe me, that's far more important to me than which tracker I use.  I will use whichever one actually works, and right now, that is not Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the details provided. I understand how this has affected you and I apologize for this inconvenience. Our team is working to get this resolved as soon as possible, and my best advice is to keep the Fitbit app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

Once again, I appreciate the time taken to share your feedback and please know it hasn't gone unnoticed. As soon as I receive more information from our team I'll update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have canceled my subscription and will be looking for a different product.

Best Answer

Running an issue when it comes to tracking my calories. When I go to the calories its fine but when I look into the macronutrients it is way off 

For instance my carb intake today is 30g but when I go to the nutrients it says 2000 and the rest of the macros are on the thousands what is going on? My app is up to date my phone is up to date. Fix this please.

Best Answer
0 Votes