Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent Notification Version 2.65.1

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded Version 2.65.1, and I just started to notice that I now have a permanent, persistent notification. In the settings on the Fitbit app, it says "Enabling All-Day sync on Android 8.0 will require a persistent notification." However, even when I disable All-Day sync, the persistent notification remains. How do I fix this? (note: even if I disable that notification from showing, I'll get another persistent notification from Android saying that "Fitbit is using battery". This notification doesn't show while using the Fitbit app, but will appear everywhere else.)

I am using a Nexus 6P running Android 8.1.

Screenshot_20180126-084116.pngScreenshot_20180126-084110.png

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey, everyone! I know there are some questions about notifications from the last Fitbit app update: Version 2.65.1. For all of you that have concerns and are running Android (8.0), please visit this help article with more information/instructions. I hope this helps!

If there are any questions, please let me know. I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Screenshot_20180126-084116.pngScreenshot_20180126-085108.png

Best Answer

Where on earth did you get access to 2.65.1?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just released on the Play Store, you'll get it soon.

BTW. Same problem here. 

Best Answer

I am suddenly experiencing the same problem and it's infuriating me. Additionally my phone bluetooth has stopped syncing with my car. The only thing that's changed it the update on the Fitbit App. 

Only solution is to uninstall the Fitbit until they fix the problems as I value my in car phone much more highly than the Fitbit!

Best Answer

I've sussed out how to switch it off (I hope). Press & hold the notification & it opens into a dashboard where you can amend notifications.

Best Answer
That doesn't work on my end. Like I said, the Fitbit app notification will go away, but it'll be replaced with the Android system "Fitbit is using battery" persistent notification.
Best Answer
That's a shame - I was also getting the android battery message as well.
But whatever combination of toggles I hit on seems to have done the trick.
Sorry I can't help further.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can easily deactivate the new persistent notification in the settings of your Ionic. Just scroll to the bottom and toggle "Keep alive widget" off. 

Screenshot_20180127-035531_01.jpg

Best Answer

I have the exact problem here... cant solve it. Plus that i cant sync sinds the update 5 days ago and now with this New update i still cant sync..... I have a android 8.1 version on my phone top.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, everyone! I know there are some questions about notifications from the last Fitbit app update: Version 2.65.1. For all of you that have concerns and are running Android (8.0), please visit this help article with more information/instructions. I hope this helps!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Why is this the only background app on my phone that requires all of this hoop-jumping?  What other Android app has this "feature?"

Best Answer

Since updating my phone to an s8 I have not been able to get any notifications on my Surge. It was working on my old S6 a couple of weeks ago

I just got this update and I was hoping it would fix the issue but I'm still having the same issue. 

Just to be sure something wasn't coming over I removed my device, deleted the app cache, uninstalled. Then reinstalled and re-paired my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I read something about people on android 8 still having problems. Is that
what you have?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this "Persistent Notification" on my phone. Support has advised me that beginning with the release of Android 8.0 (Oreo), Google changed the way you’re notified about apps running in the background on your phone. That they only way to get rid of the "Persistent Notification" is to turn notifications off in the app settings!?!?!?  So, I guess, according to Fitbit support, if we want notifications from apps moving forward on 8.0 (Oreo) our notification tray is going to get really long. Why am I having a hard time digesting this? Doesn't sound right to me.

Best Answer

Yes that is correct. I have android 8.0

greetings Mandy Degen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that is correct. I have android 8.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

The main problem is that de app wont sync with my fitbit.. 

Best Answer

Super annoying! Makes me want to uninstall it from my phone and just use my computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

I downloaded Version 2.65.1, and I just started to notice that I now have a permanent, persistent notification. In the settings on the Fitbit app, it says "Enabling All-Day sync on Android 8.0 will require a persistent notification." However, even when I disable All-Day sync, the persistent notification remains. How do I fix this? (note: even if I disable that notification from showing, I'll get another persistent notification from Android saying that "Fitbit is using battery". This notification doesn't show while using the Fitbit app, but will appear everywhere else.)

wrote:

Super annoying! Makes me want to uninstall it from my phone and just use my computer.Screenshot_20180130-191333.png

Best Answer