Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent Notification Version 2.65.1

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded Version 2.65.1, and I just started to notice that I now have a permanent, persistent notification. In the settings on the Fitbit app, it says "Enabling All-Day sync on Android 8.0 will require a persistent notification." However, even when I disable All-Day sync, the persistent notification remains. How do I fix this? (note: even if I disable that notification from showing, I'll get another persistent notification from Android saying that "Fitbit is using battery". This notification doesn't show while using the Fitbit app, but will appear everywhere else.)

I am using a Nexus 6P running Android 8.1.

Screenshot_20180126-084116.pngScreenshot_20180126-084110.png

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Did you ever resolve the pairing issue with your car ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I’m having the same problem. And would love to know how to delete my personal messages on fitbit app on my iPhone. It constantly puts a red dot on the notifications icon but no new messages. How do I get rid of this please ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi how can I get rid of the persistent red dot on the icon in app of iPhone. When there is no new message? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@trumpetblower81  A number of users have been bothered by this same problem.  The reports seemed to appear with the release of the current app version.

You posted this is the Android forum, but this seems to be an iOS issue.  I am an iPhone user, but I am not experiencing this.

This problem is being brought to the attention of the engineers.  Be patient.  You are not alone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

That is not an option for me. I have the Always Connected option but not the Keep Alive Widget.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have become disgusted with apps including fitbit that require so many "permissions " to work.  Less is more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes