Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent "Connected GPS" message on Android.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went for my first bike ride with the Versa watch. It automatically connected with my Samsung Galaxy for GPS, which was great! But now that I am finished my ride, my phone notifications still show under Fitbit "Connected GPS is running." I ended my exercise on the Versa and have my workout summary, but I can't figure out how to stop the connected GPS feature.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

HI AlessFitbit,

I've had a look and it very much looks like it was version 2.89 that has caused my problem sadly. As per my post yesterday, mine was fine until Monday morning. At this stage I started to receive the message "Connected GPS is running" and my GPS on my phone is consistently on which means the battery don't last the day.

Having checked Google Playstore, I can confirm my Fitbit App was updated to v2.89 on the morning of 11/03/19 (Monday) which is the very same day these problems began for me. I'm running Android 7.0 "Nougat" 

EDIT:

To follow up on my previous post, I have now removed v2.89 and installed v2.88 again. This has solved the problem completely.

For those suffering this issue:

- Download v2.88 from Google. 

- Delete the existing app completely from your phone. 

- Install the v2.88. 

- Turn on auto updates from the Google play store for your fitbit app. 

Thanks, 

J

Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating to app version 2.89, the app was behaving for about a week. But, I went for a run this morning -- I purposefully did not press the Run button when my Charge 3 detected I was running.

After the run, I noticed the "Connected GPS is running" notification on my phone, and also that the Fitbit app was using much more battery than it should (see screen shot).

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 9 Pie.

Screenshot_20190316-083955_Microsoft Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20190316-083907_Device care.jpg

Best Answer

@James84 Thanks for providing additional information from what you've experienced. When investigating this issue our developers were no longer able to replicate this problem on version 2.89. I think it is interesting that for you it started with this version. For now, I recommend waiting until 2.90 is released which should be soon and monitoring how it goes from there.

@perspectivus Hey, there! Thanks for following up here on this issue. I recommend uninstalling the Fitbit for Android app and then reinstalling it. Also, give your phone a restart. Some of the issues you may be experiencing otherwise may be due to the Android OS your phone is running. There are known issues with Pie that our team is still working through. 

Since this issue has been resolved with version 2.89, I'm now going to close this thread. If you are experiencing anything else that is not the "Connected GPS is running" issue, then please go ahead and start a new thread to report what you're experiencing. Thanks, everyone! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer