Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

Thank you for your answer. That eases my mind 🙂

Best Answer

This issue is very concerning. That feature is the reason I use fitbit over other alternatives. I stress that a timely fix for this problem is important to many of us. I appreciate all efforts for your advocacy on this.

Best Answer

Update that isn't helpful 😒 

Screenshot_20220723-140838_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Best Answer

Yes, I agree!! The new Oxygen Variation chart is horrible! Bring back the old one!!

When I first saw the new chart I thought I was having a heart attack

Dance, Dance, Dance!
Best Answer

All the charts were updated on the Android app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm, so at least we are to infer that it is a glitch though right?? I was really worried (until many other healthy users reported the same) that the threshold was changed to more accurately show data 😕 Still so hard to look at!  Thanks for the update - such as it is.

Best Answer

So I think with these SP02 readings I am now dead?... but since I am online I thinking that maybe internet has made it to Valhalla?  🤔

I think someone at Fitbit messed up the latest software update. Can we roll it back please? It was working 100% perfectly before... and I think I speak for everyone when I say I liked the old layout much more!

Screenshot_20220723-104255.jpg

Here is yesterdays:

Screenshot_20220722-083705_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Also the sleep is all messed up now. I went to bed at 9:00pm last night I was very tired and fell asleep fast and this is what it shows:

Screenshot_20220723-164341.jpg

Before you had a very nice sleep page, the new page is going to drain phone batteries faster as it has more white in it, which will mean people charging their phones more often, which means more global warming! Does Fitbit want to me known as a company contributing to this crisis? Ideally black backgrounds with white letters will save energy and the planet. :

Screenshot_20220722-083641_Fitbit.jpg

Thank you for looking into this and making changes that actually help the planet and not hurt it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my gosh me too!  I have had anxieties and panics all day.  Mine has always been in the normal range with maybe one or 2 peaks occasionally in the bad range per night.  I checked mine today and it shows like yours.  Even the historical data shows real bad like that....changed from what it showed before.  I've been afraid of going to sleep tonight because of it.  So I'm thinking since it is showing like this for others that there must be something wrong with the algorithm or something in the software.  I'm hoping anyways.  I use to read that it was pretty accurate so I always felt good with where I was.  Today I'm like...ok...which one is right.... the old or the new.  Hoping the old is the more accurate one or we will all need to see our doctor.

Best Answer

Thanks for your post.  I'm having the same issue and I have been very concerned!

Best Answer

Rest easy skatrgirl... I think we are all fine, they just made changes to the app and someone must have made a programming error. I am sure Fitbit will find the issue and update the app ASAP.

Entonces, dulce suenos... 😴

Best Answer

This one was totally changed..not just updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes me to, I figured it was because of update.  Hoping they find the problem and previous problems (before update) I've had with it reporting basic sleep info only.

Best Answer

There appear to be two issues with the new sleep charts. https://photos.app.goo.gl/j3wam15ee5d2UmtA7 

I apologize for my lack of tech savvy. I couldn't figure out how to share my screenshot directly so above is the link to my screenshot of yesterday's sleep chart. Note the lack of the solid red bar for time awake. Even without this information, I received a sleep score, but today was different. Today there was no bar for REM, although the time spent in the stage was listed. Today there was a message saying that there was insufficient data to calculate a sleep score, in spite of all other data being accurately represented. 

The second issue is one that several others have commented on: the degree of oxygen variation is much higher in the new charts than before. To my knowledge, I do not have apnea but the new charts make it look like I do. 

DavideFitbit_0-1663032141207.png

Best Answer

Hi All,

I just updated my Fitbit app and all my estimated oxygen variation graphs which were previously green now show this bizzare trend of high variations. I tried to see all my previous years sleep trends, all of them are now like this which were previously very nice and green. This is making me super anxious 😰

Has this happened to someone else as well?

Screenshot_2022-07-24-14-19-55-655_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Best Answer

Fitbit, if this is a suspected bug, can't you just roll back to the previous version until you can properly test all functionality? Shouldn't you be properly testing updates before they're released anyway? If this is a bug you should confirm so urgently because you have a lot of concerned customers here. Equally, if this is improved sensitivity, please confirm urgently because if it is, a lot of us will need to visit our GPs pretty pronto!

Best Answer

Yes, I saw this too today. Also freaked me out, I hope it's a mistake 

Best Answer

I noticed the same thing yesterday when my app updated to the new charts. 

Relieved to see it's likely an issue with the app, not with my breathing and oxygen saturation. Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

Best Answer

Same! I thought omg as I don't sleep very well...thought there was something wrong with me! Like many people I guess, I also scrolled back a fair while and it was all the same...all yellow/orange but I do check this regularly and it was always OK until the crap update!

I think mine is a fitbit 2 (downgraded from 3 as that had too many faults. I'm also an Android user) let's hope this gets fixed sharpish as its already hard to get doctors appointments and I think it will be even harder soon with everyone panicking 

Best Answer

Same here, not great to update without any explanation of why the parameters for high variation have changed and what this now means... 

Best Answer