Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

Hi. I think some people on here with iPhones say they have the newest version, but I wonder about the iPad. I'm going to check it on my Microsoft laptop now. 

EdsonFitbit_0-1658877813244.png

This is what the Google Play Store shows as my current Fitbit version. Note that it is 3.64.5 so I think this is the most recently updated Android version from July22,2022. I don't think we can decipher they problem from comparing Android to iOS versions. But I'm confident that all my graphs did actually change as of July 22. 

Do you see my other post showing that I have even a later version of 3.64.5? Not sure where you see 3.63. I have all updated download automatically from Play store and this is what they are showing. 

Yes, I have that update, actually 3.64.5 and even if it's newer, it's just as crazy especially SPo2

This graph comparison is perfect. Could you please email Fitbit to begin a case with this image? Their email is https://contact.fitbit.com. You could phone them, but they wouldn't see your attachment. I spoke to them 2 night's ago using the app very late at night. Here's where I went

EdsonFitbit_1-1658877871972.png

or there is also a direct 800 number. Your screenshots seem like the best I've seen to prove our point. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great Graphs, Helz.  I superimposed them so that you can see the pattern of the OLD graph compared to the New graph...

tboll01_0-1658864398447.png

Best Answer

All my android devices have  been updated with these erroneous charts. However, the same charts on my iPad reflect the prior more accurate charts.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the screenshots and your efforts while working on this matter. As mentioned before, our team is aware of this issue and they're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I understand where you're coming from and apologize the inconvenience this has caused. Your feedback is truly appreciated and please know I'll update this thread as soon as I receive more information from our team.

Best Answer

My iPad shows the graph all in green, which is how it looked on Android before. Both graphs are from version 3.64 of the app, just one from the iPad (all in green) and one from the Android phone (with the orange tops).

Best Answer

That's interesting. It definitely looks like a similar pattern on the old version without any yellow. 

Best Answer

Thanks Lizzy. I have an email response I just found from the Fitbit team this AM. They say I should reset my Sense watch, but I just might lose ALL my past data. So I'd rather purchase a different reliable brand than follow that suggestion.  I'd like to know if you think I should wait for you and the team you mentioned here. Please! I don't want to factory reset my Sense! Scary!!!

Screenshot_20220726-141903-380.png

Best Answer

My sleep SpO2 variation is usually green with occasional times that it's been yellow. Today my app updated to the latest version. Suddenly every single night in the recent past (I checked 3 weeks) is showing huge variations all night long. Is this a glitch in the update? I know it cannot be accurate.

Best Answer

This started for me too right after the latest firmware update. I see that older sleep variations which has little to no yellow zone variations now have high variations as well.

Best Answer

I used to be well under the line since I got my fitbit and now I am always over.  Not sure what the change is??

I found the same thing but nothing about a change in the app???

Best Answer

It looks really scary to me.  I did a hard reset on my fitbit last week due to all the other issues I have been having.  It did not change the yellow on the graph which before was never above the line.  Makes you wonder how accurate it actually is???

Best Answer

Both my husband and I are just like you! He has a Versa 2 and I have a sense. Went from maybe 1-3 variations to having them nearly constantly. I'm guessing it's an issue with the algorithm they updated. 

Best Answer

Me too but with Fitbit Charge 4, so assuming it's the App update thats caused the issues in-app rather than on specific devices.

Best Answer

My Fitbit app just updated so I now have the new charts. One massive change is the Estimate Oxygen Variation shown for previous nights. As a man in my 60s this is something I look at regularly and I would occasionally see a blip into the orange "high variation" range. Some nights one or two, some nights none at all. Now I'm seeing constant orange throughout the night every night - even for nights where I had a sleep score of 92 with a resting heart rate of 52 that showed no high variation previously! My spo2 is typically about 96 to 98.

Something really changed. Anyone else seeing the same thing? 

Best Answer

Suddenly my Estimated oxygen variation graph changed and start showing high variation constantly ,even for the days before even if I checked them before and they were normal without high variation.

Best Answer

A known issue in the Android app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As per your experience what should I do, obviously it looks like the datas are not correct as it changed them from before 

Best Answer

Me too.

My results before today have been within the normal range since getting the Versa 3 over 2 1/2 years ago.

This morning I looked and they are wildly all over the place and not just last night's results but all of them going back to when I got it.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I've rarely had high oxygen variations, occasionally when I'm ill. The graphic recently changed after my watch/software was updated and now every night the graph bars are up in the yellow area, saying high variations. This seems strange given that it's never shown as a problem before. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Best Answer