Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/19/17: Time awake/restless tag not showing in 2.45 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I have just discovered this too. Until yesterday I was able to click on the vertical lines on the sleep graph (mobile Android app) and see actual times awake, restless etc 

Your suggestion to press and hold doesn't work for me. I'm wondering if the recent updates to the app have affected this functionality, which I used daily. 

Any solutions gratefully received as I don't really want to have to fire up my laptop every time I want more detailed info. 

Many thanks

Alex

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
245 REPLIES 245

@USAF-Larry wrote:

@Jeni_B wrote:

. They've even removed the summaries of amount of time spent restless, awake, number of sleep interruptions and sleep efficiency.

@Jeni_B, I am not sure what you mean that they removed the summary of the amount time spent restless, awake, and sleep efficiency.  The charts on mine shows not only both the minutes and percentage of these stages, but also shows the relationship of these percentages against the averages for my age group. I don't see any information that I need that isn't there.

Sleep States.jpg

Sleep States Percentages.jpg

How are you accessing this information? I do not see it on my app.

Best Answer

I agree wholeheartedly with this message... for those with sleep disorders iy is a terrible loss

CH

Best Answer

The mobile app is being used. The last update to the app has caused the lack of drilling down the wake up or restless. Please fix the problem Fitbit so this feature is back up and running as it before last update.

Best Answer

I cannot see the timessage either since update 😞

Best Answer
Hello everyone! I had fitbit support walk me through the process and I was
able to get it to work but it was not intuitive.

Step one. Click on the dashboard and click on the sleep tile.

Step two. Click on today's sleep. It will say next to it how many hours you
slept.

Step three. Click on the sideways arrows on the top right to get into your
sleep log.

Step four (the tricky step). You must hold down for 2 seconds where you
want to see the times for awake and asleep and restless. Yes two seconds,
then it will pop up. There is no line anymore but a bubble will pop up and
tell you the times.

Again, this worked for me on the iPhone 7 Plus and will hopefully work for
you too!

Amber
Best Answer

Doesn't​ work on the Android app. I've held it for well over 2 seconds and nothing pops up.

Best Answer

The update caused the problem. Before the update I was able to click on the lines and the time would pop up.

Best Answer

After the app update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem. Can no longer tap to see what time/how many minutes I was awake or restless. It is very helpful to see the amount of time between wake ups. 

I hope this gets fixed.

Best Answer

Here is the Android method of getting your Sleep details.

Start by tapping the sleep tile, old or new Dashboard then.....

Sleep 2222.jpgsleep 3333.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39 that is great if you can get it, I cannot.

But even so there is no way to see the actual time you have been asleep. As I am sure you know, we used to be able to hover over the sleep and awake times to calculate how long we had been asleep.

This is a critical feature if you are trying to confirm you really have gone to REM sleep, which you need to recover. For the average person this takes 90 minutes. If you don't continuously sleep for 90 minutes your body is not recovering.

Best regards

Chris

Best Answer

@Colinm39 wrote:

Here is the Android method of getting your Sleep details.

Start by tapping the sleep tile, old or new Dashboard then.....

Sleep 2222.jpgsleep 3333.jpg

My dashboard looks nothing like that. I don't have the Sleep Stage section at all. Why is that?? I have auto-update on and am running version 2.45. 

Best Answer

@Blahhh same here.

I seem to recall reading it may only be available if you have one of the newer sleep fitbits. I have the Charge 2, which should be OK. But I did still have my One on my list of products which is not. 

I have since deleted the One and re-booted the phone but it has made no difference.

Regards

Chris

Best Answer

I have the Charge HR.

Best Answer

I suppose it's promising that you can see the specific times as pop-up markers in the Apple app and the Windows app. Let's hope they get it sorted with Android as well, and quickly. I tried asking tech support in chat but they were absolutely useless, I don't think they had been told anything about what is going on. 

According to a help page I found earlier, it won't log sleep stages for anything under three hours. That's a pity, I was hoping to see whether I catch up on deep sleep at all during naps.

I'd migrate to another system, I am getting tired of the endless problems with Fitbit, but I can't find one that reliably does everything I need (e.g. continuous heart rate monitoring) and has a tracker that'll fit on my small wrist. A lot of them seem to be built for big men, and I'm a woman of 4'11. Hopefully the tech will be properly there in another year or so. It's kind of cool to see how fast it's progressing, even if it is frustrating when products are released in the beta stage. 

Does anyone know of good sleep tracking software you can put your results and other data into? I'm using Sleepmeter, but losing sleep efficacy is a problem, and it doesn't have a way to log deep sleep, which I'd like. I could also do with a bit more analysis, for instance to see what is correlating with RLS episodes. The Medhelp website tracker is too basic. 

Best Answer

@Calathea77The sleep recording works OK, even with a manual entry. Mine didn't pick up a 2.5 hour sleep period this morning.. Smiley Happy The joy of being well retired... I was listening to the radio news at 8am and next minute it was 10:22am.. That's what it felt like. When I synced it didn't pick up the sleep.  I edited the recorded sleep record and extended the awake time.  It even picked up REM etc...  It was an unusual night.. The coldest night for a couple of weeks.. some rain.. In bed for too long.. My lower back is now twinging.. Age related wear and tear..

Proves the "move it, or lose it"..... and don't sit for too long..

Screenshot_20170329-143902.PNG

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Calathea77This workaround is worth a try for naps... Create an Activity Record in your PC Dashboard by using the large stopwatch in the Activity Log.

After creating the record, click on the records edit pencil and change it to a sleep record and save  Then Sync.

I just tried it with a 30 minute record and it synced across but the time was awake and restless and no sleep... Worth a try with a genuine nap...  My typing time..Smiley Happy

That's probably why my 2.5 hours didn't register as sleep because I was awake for about 10 minutes... then it was nearly 10:30am

@Calathea77 wrote:

I suppose it's promising that you can see the specific times as pop-up markers in the Apple app and the Windows app. Let's hope they get it sorted with Android as well, and quickly. I tried asking tech support in chat but they were absolutely useless, I don't think they had been told anything about what is going on. 

According to a help page I found earlier, it won't log sleep stages for anything under three hours. That's a pity, I was hoping to see whether I catch up on deep sleep at all during naps.

I'd migrate to another system, I am getting tired of the endless problems with Fitbit, but I can't find one that reliably does everything I need (e.g. continuous heart rate monitoring) and has a tracker that'll fit on my small wrist. A lot of them seem to be built for big men, and I'm a woman of 4'11. Hopefully the tech will be properly there in another year or so. It's kind of cool to see how fast it's progressing, even if it is frustrating when products are released in the beta stage. 

Does anyone know of good sleep tracking software you can put your results and other data into? I'm using Sleepmeter, but losing sleep efficacy is a problem, and it doesn't have a way to log deep sleep, which I'd like. I could also do with a bit more analysis, for instance to see what is correlating with RLS episodes. The Medhelp website tracker is too basic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get an answer? I was planning on calling Fitbit about this very problem!!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I think it is associated with an app update. It's also started giving me little sleep tips. I'd prefer to be able to tap and see the times and get rid of the tips.

Best Answer

I agree!

Best Answer