Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/19/17: Time awake/restless tag not showing in 2.45 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I have just discovered this too. Until yesterday I was able to click on the vertical lines on the sleep graph (mobile Android app) and see actual times awake, restless etc 

Your suggestion to press and hold doesn't work for me. I'm wondering if the recent updates to the app have affected this functionality, which I used daily. 

Any solutions gratefully received as I don't really want to have to fire up my laptop every time I want more detailed info. 

Many thanks

Alex

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
245 REPLIES 245

I am having the same problem and it's starting to become frustrating. I would also like an answer to this 😊

Best Answer

Eric, when there is an update to an app, I expect the existing features to still be there with improvements or additions. In this case, Fitbit took away a feature. We should not lose features we already have when the app updates! Yes, what I want to see are the times I was restless or awake when I touch the bars on the graph. Just like it used to be. Thank you.

Best Answer

I totally agree, we'll said. Thanks 

@CindyLouWho22 wrote:

Eric, when there is an update to an app, I expect the existing features to still be there with improvements or additions. In this case, Fitbit took away a feature. We should not lose features we already have when the app updates! Yes, what I want to see are the times I was restless or awake when I touch the bars on the graph. Just like it used to be. Thank you.

Best Answer

This has been my experience too, for at least a week. Any suggestions? It's been a very helpful feature for me!

Best Answer

Very frustrating. Before when you could get time it was handy to see if there was a pattern.

Best Answer

The only thing you can do is go back to a previous version of the app to get the popups back. That's what I did.

Best Answer

I found the reduced functionality of v2.45 very frustrating as well, so I went back to v2.44.

It wasn't too complicated and I didn't lose any data.

Here's a link to an article explaining how to install a previous version of an app:

How to Downgrade an Android App If You Don’t Like the Update

Best Answer

I'm quite surprised that only a moderator has addressed this issue.  Where are the FitBit tech people?  If this is happening to multiple Android users, doesn't that make it important enough to address publically, not just on a forum that isn't really offering a solution?

Best Answer

Is it possible they changed the behavior for iPhone 7 ... With it's press sensitive behavior and forgot about older iPhone and Android that don't have press sensitive responses?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Removing, or breaking, a simple popup display on a graph can in no way be construed as a purposeful improvement to the app.

I can understand that the introduction of sleep stages and their details may eventually supplant the prior daily details and the bar graph, but until that time, none of the features on the existing details page and graph should have been ... broken.

Especially for those of us in that middle ground between the software update and the lack of sleep stages reporting on Charge 2 devices. We can't even evaluate whether the new details will suffice.

I want to click on the spans in the sleep pattern graph and see the individual start/end/duration as the prior version.

Best Answer

And let us not forget those of us with older devices such as the Charge HR, who may not even get the new sleep stage features, etc on our app. I think everyone should get the same thing on their app.

Best Answer

Lucy, when will the problem finally be solved ?! 

Best Answer

I'm so frustrated with the app and the inability to access the times I woke during the night. Without that feature, the Alta suddenly becomes a subpar device, completely useless. 

I just bought a competitors device, and am going  to trash my Alta. That's how much I depend on the recording of sleep vs wake. 

It's incredible to me, that the developers are so far removed from the satisfaction of their customers that they are willing to risk losing customers, and gain bad press. Oh well. Fitbit's loss. Such a shortsighted company. Even if they are going to improve the app, you would think we'd all get a message regarding the broken sleep portion of the app. 

BYE BYE FITBIT

Best Answer

Thank you for the link & suggestion - worked perfectly and am now back to version 2.42. 

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit about this situation. Here is their unhelpful response:

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out! We completely got your point.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes results in existing products changing.
Currently the features of the detailed sleep was removed since we have launched the new sleep stages feature which is 
available at this time for Blaze and Alta HR, you can find the details clicking here

Currently, once any mobile app get updated to its newest version, it cannot get back to the old one, sorry for the inconvenience. 

We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to make sure this product is aligned with your interests.

Sincerely,

Edith G. and the Fitbit Team

--

Reply directly to this email to update your case. #18005987

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

@Jeni_B, this is what I see on the Fitbit.com Dashboard for the same day's sleep record. It gives both the minutes and percentage for each stage of sleep.  It does not go backwards into the historical records, since this data was not available then.

Sleep States Dashboard.jpg

I'm not sure how you get to that, but I am looking at both the Fitbit.com dashboard, and the Windows 10 app, and the app on my Android, and I don't see anything even remotely like that! Would be nice, though, since the ability to tap my screen to see the times I was awake and/or restless have completely disappeared. Sleep tracking is the MAIN reason I use my Fitbit, because of my sleep disorder. Not being able to see when I was awake or restless makes it completely pointless.

Best Answer

@Colinm39 wrote:

Here is the Android method of getting your Sleep details.

Start by tapping the sleep tile, old or new Dashboard then.....

Sleep 2222.jpgsleep 3333.jpg

That would be great, but I am not seeing what you are seeing. The first pic, I see it. The second pic, nope. What I see is the old way with the straight vertical lines. So apparently you have some update that I don't have, even though I'm using Version 2.45 (2183107) according to the Fitbit app on my Android phone.

Best Answer

@smh2592 wrote:

I contacted Fitbit about this situation. Here is their unhelpful response:

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out! We completely got your point.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes results in existing products changing.
Currently the features of the detailed sleep was removed since we have launched the new sleep stages feature which is 
available at this time for Blaze and Alta HR, you can find the details clicking here

Currently, once any mobile app get updated to its newest version, it cannot get back to the old one, sorry for the inconvenience. 

We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to make sure this product is aligned with your interests.

Sincerely,

Edith G. and the Fitbit Team

--

Reply directly to this email to update your case. #18005987

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.

So it appears it was purposefully done, to get people to upgrade to a newer version of the Fitbit. Well, I own a Flex, and have zero intention of buying anything else. I will just use the instructions listed above to go back to an older version of the app, so I can continue to see the times I'm awake/restless. Looks like greed got the better of them. When my Flex dies, I will no longer be a loyal customer, and will look for another brand that doesn't continually screw over the people who use older trackers. And to think, I used to be a walking advertisement for Fitbit, and would tell everyone who would listen what a wonderful product it was. I no longer feel that way, and will be telling people to avoid it, and buy another brand, from this day forward.

Best Answer

@OffcerClancy wrote:

@Brianster wrote:

Well that didn't happen..  with out pop-up with times how can I edit, my sleep?

Downgrade to an earlier version.  I went back to 2.43 to regain the hover-read feature of the restless/wake instances. This info is a must have for me.  PM me if you want the link I used for the downgrade- has back to 2.3.

I'm sure you realize that once you do this you must remove the auto update function for your Playstore apps- at least until Fitbit returns to a usable interface.

I would like to know where to find the link. I'm so disgusted by Fitbit right now. I will see if I can figure out how to PM you. If not, please feel free to send me a message. I will eventually figure out how to retrieve it. Thanks!

Best Answer

@MariusR wrote:

I found the reduced functionality of v2.45 very frustrating as well, so I went back to v2.44.

It wasn't too complicated and I didn't lose any data.

Here's a link to an article explaining how to install a previous version of an app:

How to Downgrade an Android App If You Don’t Like the Update

Thank you! This was very helpful. I'm now back on v2.44, and I can once again see my awake/restless times! I could hug you! Heart

Best Answer