Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/19/17: Time awake/restless tag not showing in 2.45 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I have just discovered this too. Until yesterday I was able to click on the vertical lines on the sleep graph (mobile Android app) and see actual times awake, restless etc 

Your suggestion to press and hold doesn't work for me. I'm wondering if the recent updates to the app have affected this functionality, which I used daily. 

Any solutions gratefully received as I don't really want to have to fire up my laptop every time I want more detailed info. 

Many thanks

Alex

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
245 REPLIES 245

Is there a fix to see the awake_restless times

Best Answer

I think it's terrible to take functionality away from a user or to suddenly start charging for something they thought they had purchased.

I bought a fitbit specifically because it tracked sleep, with which I was engaged in a dire battle. Now that I can't click and see the times, the sleep function is pretty useless. It always starts my "asleep" time when I'm lying in bed watching TV. But this never bothered me since I could go back in and click on the lines of my last movements and figure out when I actually fell asleep. Now that I can't do this, the fitbit is useless. Even if this functionality comes with an upgraded version, I don't trust fitbit enough to purchase through them again. Maybe I'll get the fancy new version for the sleep capabilities, and a few months later you will just take them away. 

I will be moving on to another company, I'm afraid. I'll pay more if I need to, but hopefully the next company will let me keep what I spent my money on.

Best Answer

I agree & said as much to Fitbit. Their respouse is below. Basically, it seems they want us to upgrade to a more expensive Fitbit that shows "sleep stages." No thank you, mine was fine before the app got "upgraded."

Fitbit's Response:

Hi Stephanie,

It's sad to hear that you're considering to leave the Fitbit family. 

We truly apologize that this necessary feature was affected by the current updates we are working on. This is definitely not the experience we'd like you to have. Be guaranteed that this is not a final update, especially that we've seen how many users are upset about the changes made to the Online Dashboard for sleep.  

We are always considering your feedback as our valued customers because this is not about us, but about you. Users might not be able to go back to the previous version of the app. However, the next update will happen to make sure that the app's features align with your interests and needs.

Also, you can trust that you do not need to upgrade to have this feature. 

We still hope that you'd stay with us. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have other thoughts, and we'd be glad to see what we can do. 

Sincerely,

Mara D. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue. Restarting has not re-established the previous timeline tags.

Best Answer

@smh2592 wrote:

I agree & said as much to Fitbit. Their respouse is below. Basically, it seems they want us to upgrade to a more expensive Fitbit that shows "sleep stages." No thank you, mine was fine before the app got "upgraded."

Fitbit's Response:

Hi Stephanie,

It's sad to hear that you're considering to leave the Fitbit family. 

We truly apologize that this necessary feature was affected by the current updates we are working on. This is definitely not the experience we'd like you to have. Be guaranteed that this is not a final update, especially that we've seen how many users are upset about the changes made to the Online Dashboard for sleep.  

We are always considering your feedback as our valued customers because this is not about us, but about you. Users might not be able to go back to the previous version of the app. However, the next update will happen to make sure that the app's features align with your interests and needs.

Also, you can trust that you do not need to upgrade to have this feature. 

We still hope that you'd stay with us. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have other thoughts, and we'd be glad to see what we can do. 

Sincerely,

Mara D. and the Fitbit Team

I won't hold my breath. They're full of mud.

Best Answer
Thank you for the info. I truly hope they work this out soon..I've been
using this particular function to track my sleep apnea and learn which
adaptive techniques most benefit my sleep apnea.
Best Answer

Thank you for posting this.  It worked great and I'm back to ver. 2.44 and am able to see my sleep times.  BTW, if you access FitBit online you can still hover and see your sleep times.

Best Answer

I too have the problem of Fitbit Android app update knocking out the detailed sleep pattern, (so as a user I am able to see what time it was during restless or awake periods). There's a lot of posts about this particular issue. Has Fitbit had any resolution? Is there a way to use an older version of Fitbit when the feature worked?Screenshot_2017-04-04-04-55-59.png

Best Answer
I CAN FINALLY SEE MY WAKE TIMES! HOORAY! I visited Amazon.com and purchased a Jawbone Up3. I am beyond happy! Not only can I see the times I wake up, I see light sleep, deep sleep and REM. Along with these sleep stages, I see my heart rate/BPM! I am in data heaven! This device, which I purchased for less than $40, has surpassed my expectations! I can set move alerts, track food, see my steps, my resting heart rate and set alarms. What I am enjoying the most right now is the "smart alarm". I set a target wake up time, then choose the window of time I wish the Up to wake me each morning. It wakes me during my lightest phase of sleep during that window. AWESOME! I am already feeling the benefits of this feature! Up also has "insights", which help to explain various features like food intake, sleep, heart rate, exercise. It will also throw various challenges your way, which you may accept or decline. The ONLY thing I miss about the Alta is the ability to see the time of day. BIG WHOOP - NO LOSS THERE. I suggest to everyone in this forum - go buy a Jawbone Up3 for $35 - $40. It's definitely money well spent, and will satisfy the need to analyze your sleep! FITBIT DEVELOPERS - You're going to lose money because of this update blunder. HA!
Best Answer
@SunsetRunner That would be a wonderful idea if it was at all aware of the condition of Jawbone as a company. I was a loyal UP customer through 3 generations of trackers. This past December their tech support went completely silent. No phone support, no email support... Nothing. Jawbone has stopped manufacturing trackers. They sold their entire inventory to a third party, who, apparently is dumping them at 30% of their original value.

My brand new UP3 stopped working 2 months after purchase ... No support. No inventory to replace even if they were there. So, I bought a Charge 2 and it was going great ... until this recent app update.

So, good luck with Jawbone everyone.
Best Answer

Welcome to Tuesday @ErickFitbit.

Can you confirm that the reply to @@smh2592 from "Mary D" is a breakthrough to the dev team? SMH still seems a little uncertain.

Best Answer

@smh2592 ... Is your issue ticket #18005987 still active? Have they committed to a fix?

Thanks for being persistent!

Best Answer
0 Votes

rubuhroom

how did you get it back to the earlier version?? I can't seem to find the thread that provided the answer. thanks!

Best Answer

@smh2592 That's the exact same letter I got back from Fitbit support!

Best Answer
Thanks! I, too, was a loyal Jawbone user, until 2016. At $36.00 I don't
care if it breaks in two months. By that time perhaps fitbit will have
fixed the sleep portion of their app! At least I'm getting my data fix in
the interim.
Best Answer

WOW! Jawbone does all that? I wish I would have known about Jawbone before buying this stupid Fitbit Charge HR that was more than double the price of the Jawbone and it doesn't even do all that. Plus we don't get the new Sleep Stages on the Charge HR because it's not a newer product! But yet it costs $149?!? Good thing I still have time to return  the Fitbit! GOODBYE FITBIT!!! HELLO JAWBONE!

Best Answer

Something happened to my app overnight, auto downgrade? I have now lost the sleep stages and am still without the ability to view the times when I touch the lines. I hated not being able to view the times of my disturbances, but at least it was fun seeing the sleep stages.

Now I am back to something Useless for monitoring my sleep!!!!! PLEASE FIX THIS!

Why can't Fitbit leave the times AND give us the sleep stages. I think we all would be happy with that. 

Best Answer

I've gone back to v2.44 too, being able to see the times I am awake/restless if the whole point of me wearing my Charge 2 to bed. Until this is re-instated I wont be upgrading the app. 

I look forward to the new features (light, REM sleep etc) being added also, but until I can see the times by hovering, I will not upgrade. 

Best Answer
*s4lza,*
*How did you go back to earlier Version? Can't figure it out. Help, please.
Thanks!*
Best Answer

@Blahhh wrote:

WOW! Jawbone does all that? I wish I would have known about Jawbone before buying this stupid Fitbit Charge HR that was more than double the price of the Jawbone and it doesn't even do all that. Plus we don't get the new Sleep Stages on the Charge HR because it's not a newer product! But yet it costs $149?!? Good thing I still have time to return  the Fitbit! GOODBYE FITBIT!!! HELLO JAWBONE!

Yes, it absolutely does all that!  Like a previous poster wrote, they may be dumping stock in order to roll out a new band, but who cares?  At $36.00 (for the teal color - silver was $64.00, not sure why), it's worth the spend.  So far so good with my Up3.  Wakes me each morning, my alarm reminders are like clockwork, I get "buzzed" every hour reminding me to move.  Sleep stats are AWESOME and I am really enjoying comparing my stages of sleep with the beats per minute HR.  I don't have to wait the 10 minutes Fitbit makes you wait in order to see your exercise/activity.  That really was lame. Why would a device wait 10 minutes before logging your activity??

The food logging isn't so hot on the UP3, but I use Weight Watchers, WHICH, BTW, I have synced with my Up3!  My Up3 is also synced with my My Fitness Pal, SO, everything transfers over.  

I have to wonder about the Fitbit company.  It's disturbing that they force people to purchase a more expensive device, by taking away a feature.  To me that seems dishonest and greedy.  I may never go back to Fitbit.  If Jawbone introduces a new band, I may just purchase that one.  🙂

Best Answer