Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/02/16 - Clicking "Alarms" crashes Android 2.25

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/07/2016: As this issue has been resolved, I am closing this thread. If you experience instances of crashing when clicking on "Alarms" in the menu on the Android app, please create a new post and reference this thread so I can look into it once again.

Thank you to everyone who reported this issue.

Fitbit Update 06/02/2016: We've just released an update for the Fitbit App for Android, version 2.26 which should resolve the alarm crash issue for everyone.

Please update your app and let me know if it's fixed the issue for you. Thank you!

Fitbit Update 06/01/2016: Hey everyone -- We're in the process of releasing an app update that should resolve the alarms crashes that you're experiencing. The app release is going out in increments so you may not see it available yet, but I will keep you all updated once it's been released to everyone.

Check the Google Play Store for available updates to the Fitbit App for Android and make sure to complete the update. 

Fitbit Update 05/25/2016: Good news everyone! We have a fix in place for this crash which should be coming real soon! Thanks to everyone who was super helpful in giving me your device and OS information so our engineers could further investigate.

When I have a solid date and app version which this fix will be released in, I will make sure to provide you all with another update. Again, thank you for your patience and help! Robot Happy

Fitbit Update 05/23/2016: Some users who have multiple trackers paired to a single account have reported when they click on "Alarms" in the Android app, version 2.25, the app crashes. 

Our team is currently looking into these reports and would love your help with a couple of questions, if this is happening to you:

1. What Fitbit app version are you running?
  2. Which make and model is your mobile device?
  3. What Android version are you running (can be found in phone Settings > "About Device")?

Also, as a temporary workaround I recommend setting and adjusting your alarms via the online Dashboard under the "Device Settings" page.

As I hear further updates on when this will be fixed on the app, I will make sure to provide you all with updates here. Thanks for the reports, and check back here as more to follow soon.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50
I last was able to set my alarm Monday evening. It was fine. Last I needed to change my alarm and it's been crashing ever since. I turned of my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app, tried my flex charger and nothing. I get a message that says "unfortunately fitbit had to close". Why? It was working fine and now I'm stuck with an alarm that will be going off at 3pm until it's fixed. Between this and not having the steel band for the Alta....I'm not happy with FITBIT! 😞😭😠
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner have you tried changing the alarms via a computer? You would just need to go to your dashboard at fitbit.com and you ought to be able to do this on any computer. No need to install the Fitbit app, just log into the web site and change the alarrm, then sync via your phone.

Let us know if this continues to happen.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13  I tried everything before posting on here.  I do not see anywhere on the desktop ("via cpu", "Computer") a place to interact with my alarm....something FitBit should look into fixing.  I called help desk this morning (EST) and we did some troubleshooting (which I already had done before posting) and was told that there are others experiencing similar issues.  The customer support agent was able to see MY ALARM ON HER END and fix it for me.  However, I would also like to see it on my end whether on the phone, tablet or computer!  Thanks for the suggestion about not installing the app, but I happen to LIKE THE APP ON MY PHONE.  Sorry I am a little ticked off with Fitbit and its antics. The rep told me to keep checking THE APP and see if i can eventually use the alarm function.Cat Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner You can see the alarms in the settings off the dashboard.

What I meant was that you don't need to install the app on your computer, since it's already on your phone. Just go to the site and log in.

Hope this explains it better.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem. I know I can go online to set my alarm. I know I can sneak in to the alarm settings via the device tab. However, I expect the alarm tab to work since it used to. It's way too inconvenient to have to go online to set it, especially if I'm already in bed and just tweaking my wake time a bit. And it's too many steps to turn off my alarm by having to access the device menu first. It used to work, now it doesn't. Obviously you have a bug and a recent one. Your solution is just a workaround. Please fix it. I have a Galaxy Edge 7 via T-Mobile.
Best Answer
My app keeps crashing when I try to use the alarm on my s7 also, this started within the past few days, reinstalling the app didn't help. Using the computer "solution" isnt convenient. Hopefully this will get fixed soon since it's my primary alarm. @Odyssey13
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katedraper84Good to hear I am not the only one, but bad that it is happening.  It is very frustrating and it is my primary alarm as well.  What is the computer "solution"? I cannot see it on my laptop or tablet (never have).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13Got it! And thanks just saw your reply.  How come logging in via fitbit.com does not work?  Thank I now see the alarms. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just playing around with my phone app and noticed that it says update tracker software (see screenshot below ).  After updating the software which took about 3 tries before it actually worked/updated, the alarm STILL  does not work. 

Screenshot_2016-05-20-07-45-55 (2).png

Best Answer
Hi,
For the past week, when I try to access my alarms, the app freezes on the screen, then closes. Will there be a fix for this?
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Audiobookworm and @Katedraper84

Thanks for posting that you've got the same problem as @SunsetRunner

Pretty sure one of the moderators will stop by and give us more insight into this.

Best Answer
If I click on Alarms in the App, it just crashes the entire App. This has only started happening since the latest upgrade this week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AnnaH13

Moved this thread from the Surge to the Android App section since more relevant to the topic & increases the chance of getting a solution.

If not already done, feel free to clear the cache of the Fitbit App (in the phone settings), in case the issue remains, when desired uninstall the app completely, restart the phone & install the app freshly. As sometimes glitches can occur when installing newer app versions over installed ones..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lkeeling

Merged your question with @AnnaH13 's thread regarding the same issue. Feel free to check out my previous post.

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @Audiobookworm @Katedraper84 Thanks for calling this out. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions so I can have this looked at a bit further:

1. What make and model phone do you have?
  2. What OS is this happening on (iOS 7, iOS 8, Android 4.2, Android 6.0 etc)?

This information will be super useful to get a further look! Thank you!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Motorola X 2nd Gen; 5.1 Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. 6.0.1 Android. And the alarm function has been working until this week.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Update. Checked this morning and the alarms are now working I'm the app. Good luck to everyone.
Best Answer
No, this is a problem with the app. I've tried your solution but have the exact same issue with both my Samsung S5mini and Samsung S6Edge
Best Answer
0 Votes