Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/15/18: Not receiving Message+ notifications after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/15/18: This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications from the Message+ app, I recommend confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I am closing this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you begin to experience this issue again at a later time, please create another post in the Android Community Forum and reference this thread. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Fitbit Update: 6/13/2018

New version 2.73 has been fully released to all our Android users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app. We have released a fix for Message+ and Signal App notifications.

Hi, everyone!

I noticed many of you reporting that you no longer receive your Message+ notifications to your Versa/Ionic after the Fitbit OS 2.1 update. 

We've escalated this issue to our team for investigation. For the meantime, I recommend using the default texting app on your Android device or any other messaging apps. 

When I have more information, I'll provide that here. Thank you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
367 REPLIES 367
My phone says Oreo update will b coming soon. I did get the fitbit update
today. Now I receive fewer notifications than before 😕.
Thx for the heads up!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad I am not the only one. The text feature works very sporadically.  It's annoying.  And I have the limited edition VERSA and on the website it says you can answer phone calls.... is that true? And if so how do I do it?  I have Iphone6.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was brand new and worked for about a week is all. I am thinking it’s nothing wrong with our actual Fitbit’s. My notifications are there just doesn’t vibrate. I’m going to try and call customer service today! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update as to when the device will be able to be synced to the Galaxy S9??

Best Answer

So the strangest thing just happened... I received my first text notification in over a month. Not sure if my Versa did an automatic update with in the last 24 hours or if this is a fluke. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope it is the former. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue for at least a week now. Restarting the FitBit and the phone hasn't solved the problem. I get notifications, but no vibration. When I try "Send a test call notification" nothing happens. I've updated to the latest app update and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it's still not working.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 06/15/18: This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications from the Message+ app, I recommend confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I am closing this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you begin to experience this issue again at a later time, please create another post in the Android Community Forum and reference this thread. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@PSUPatti89 wrote:

I am glad I am not the only one. The text feature works very sporadically.  It's annoying.  And I have the limited edition VERSA and on the website it says you can answer phone calls.... is that true? And if so how do I do it?  I have Iphone6.

When a call comes in your Versa will notify you and you can press the 'tick' to answer. This will activate the answer on your iphone - so you then pick up your phone to receive the call. You cannot speak/hear with your Versa. I have the iphone 6s and it works great...when the notifications work that is 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes